S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=giant]
"It has been a long time, even as full-blooded elves recon things, since the civilization that created you fell. For a half-human Khoravar like myself, it has been a very long time. Truly told, I'm surprised the language you know is close enough to the speech of modern giants to be comprehensible to me."
She didn't directly say the other half of a Khoravar's lineage was elven, but if enough intelligence had been built into the construct, it could figure it out.
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the elevator finally moves upwards, Yoggrith makes some comments that only those who speak orcish would understand.

[sblock=orcish] "I pray my Lord's enmity with these other giants is true and strong... for I would hate to lose the ability to serve him in a foolish manner such as this." [/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
The Green Wizard, courteously engaging in probative conversation

Voadam listens carefully as Sanne and the lift go back and forth then joins in though the language is still new to him

giant [sblock]"It is quite a testament to both you and your creators that you have survived the ages and in such working order. Has it truly been an age since you have heard the common speech of giants? Did you not hear it recently when giants came into these very halls? During the clash did you not overhear shouts in this tongue? Or can you only hear when the lift is actively activated?"[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Giant]

"Oh, I see many things here from day to day, month to month, year to year, millenia to millenia...."

It pauses a moment as it contemplates all that it has seen and forgotten over the ages.

"Most of the time, I do not even see the passage of time until someone is in need of my services."

"But I do see the giant-descendants from time to time. They are not like my creators, but they bear some similarities -- and they speak the tongue of my creators."

"But they are just a pale shadow of what their race once was. It truly is a shame."

"I miss and long for those days, but know that they will never come again."

"Now a days, I see a lot more of you little folks and the slave-descendants, but not too many."

"This 'clash' you speak of, what exactly do you mean?"

"If you mean battle, then I have seen many battles on this floor and all of the others that I have been to in days long past."

"I have heard the giant tongue a few times in the past several weeks or months, I can't be certain how many suns or moons have passed."

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Giant]

"The tower is a shadow of its former glory.

Most of the floors have been looted or have been laid bare by the ravages of time. Only the top floor dining hall bears any semblance to its former self."

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"If you're about done talking to the scenery, we ought to get our camp set up," Ipshivi called out. "I'm going to get my rest now- but we should get the watches set. I'm not betting on a quiet night."

OOC: Ipshivi will take her 2 hour rest while the group is setting up camp, eating dinner, etc. (including maybe half of first watch). Then she'll stand guard the rest of the night- probably peering down through one of the lift shafts to watch the lower (entry) level. Who else wants to take a shift on watch?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Camping in the Tower

The group sets up camp on the 2nd floor of the tower. The gnome priest produces yet more food from his haversack and sets up quite a spread to assuage the tired warriors aches and pains.

Ganyon and the other Tharashk scouts sit solemnly in a circle, paying respects to their fallen.

In the meantime, Voadam takes a read to the two scrolls found on the drow earlier. His training in the arcane arts makes the deciphering quite simple -- one is a scroll of Junglerazor, the other is Displacement.

However, the potions identity eludes him.

Ipshivi scuttles down one of the empty elevator shafts and takes a perch giving her view of the entryway.

The rest of the crew settles down for the night and sleep overtakes all except those who watch.

Surprisingly, the night passes uneventfully, the only things Ipshivi did notice were an occasional rat or other small creature scurrying back and forth.

The morning sun rays penetrate the thick glass windows and rouse all within.

The green wizard uses two of the pearls he obtained from Mai Zak to invoke his magicks to learn the secrets of two of the items found by the group so far.

He eagerly looks over the magical rod and determines it function. (Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend)

OOC: Voadam had wanted to identify some of the gear found using Identify -- I'll rule that he would have allotted two of his 1st level spell slots to the spell, leaving him 4 for the rest of the day. I know he wanted to identify the rod, but I'll leave it up to the group to pick the other item to be identified -- choices are the necklace with 3 beads left (from the scorrow), the magical bracers (from the drow), the magical large drow longknife (from the scorrow), or the potion.

Rhun

First Post
Feeling much refreshed from the previous day's battles and travel, Aeranduil takes an hour to work through a routine of stretches and calisthenics, designed to keep him limber and strong. After that, he joins his companions for breakfast.

"So what is today's plan? Do we retrace our steps from yesterday, and try to track down these giants?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases