S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC:

1) Thoughts on 2nd item to identify, or hold spell until later today?
2) Explore more of the tower or head back to jungle to track giants?
3) Any other preps for the morning?

Redclaw

First Post
So ye're fer goin' further up? Thanor asks incredulously. Tha lift weren't workin', so how did tha giants we're after get up?

OOC: No preferences for me on the identify. The necklace could be useful.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I already checked upstairs- there aren't any giants there, and no clues where they've taken those folks downstairs," Ipshivi said in a waspish, annoyed tone. "I thought the whole idea was to get back on the trail nice and early, to see if we could find where they went. We ought to get to it."

OOC: Vote for picking up where we left off. No votes on the Identify- the necklace we can guess, and most of our weapons are already just fine (especially sine we would need EWP for the longknives anyway). Any chance of Aid Another during Voadam's checks on the potions, etc. -Ipshivi should have a decent chance at success for Spellcraft at DC 10, and can Detect Magic all day long...

drothgery

First Post
"If you find a Lyrandar sailor that is not curious, drag her to a House Jarasco outpost as quickly as you can, because she is clearly ill." Sanne says, in reply to the dwarf. "Our charge is to find these giants, but I do wonder what is further up."

OOC: No preference on items to identify (since I don't recall any rapiers or light armor), and no other prep.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"We are here to deal with the giants, not to sightsee. I care not what else is in this oversized city. Let us move on." says Yoggrith.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil chuckles quietly, and then smiles 'I'm afraid I find myself in agreement with the dwarf and the orc. How often will you hear an elf say that?" The archer begins to gather his gear. "Let us find these giants and take swift and just vengeance upon them."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Back to the jungle...

After the gnome finishes the stowing of all of the breakfast leftovers and wares, the group heads back to the lift, then heads back down to the ground floor.

The morning sun has just reached over the treeline to the east, sending long shadows across the ruined cities canals and walkways.

The way back through the jungle is easier today -- as you can follow your own set of tracks.

By mid-morning, you come back to the site of the dinosaur attack, not much has changed since the previous evening.

Shortly afterwards, the well-travelled path up into the hills is before you. From the amount of tracks in each direction, the group feels somewhat confident that following the trail will lead you closer to the giants.

About 3 to 4 hours pass as you are walking along the trails, the land becoming higher, more densely forested with conifers, and a wetness begins to hang in the air.

As the sun begins to descend behind the treeline and growing fog, you come upon a small clearing and see a huge wooden structure, large pole construction on all visible sides covered with moss, a large entryway lies to in front of you and to your left. A visible watchtower rises above the entryway, but you do not see anyone or anything on in. Several plumes of smoke rise from chimneys.

It looks as if you have found the home of the giants.

OOC: Will post map this evening. Some ground rules now:

1) All movement is to be considered tactical
2) Will need input from the majority of the group on each movement
3) Things will obviously slow down some, but hopefully the posting rate will pick up to compensate. :)
4) Actions? :devil:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Looks like it is time to get to work," Ipshivi murmured, as the group surveyed the giant fortress. "No way we're going to get back to the tower in time to camp- we going to have to set up nearby. Why don't you folks see about finding a nice secure, and well-hidden, campsite while I'm doing a first pass at scouting this place. We can meet back here in a hour, and compare notes."

OOC: My vote is, obviously, to let Ipshivi do a first pass of scouting- basic layout, entrances, guard stations, etc. Meanwhile, have some of our outdoors-capable types find a secure campsite for the night.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]
Lets assume that you are the only one to go scout -- where are you planning on scouting?

You see one entrance ahead of you, but no windows whatsoever.

So are you wanting to go around the perimeter? I assume you are going to be invisible and moving silently?

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
GM: [sblock] If Ipshivi gets the go-ahead to scout: She will make a first cautious circuit of the building, at about 100 yards out (or the limits of the clearing, if it is less), trying to get a full view of the general outline and obvious features. Once that is complete, she will move in to the outer wall of the structure, approaching at a point out of easy line of sight from any obvious guard posts- once she is to the wall she will scamper up to the top. If it is a wall/parapet, she will work her way around just below the edge of the top of the wall- if it is a solid roof, she will work her way around on the roof itself, staying a foot or so from the edge as she moves. Again, she will take note of any entrances, guards, or noteworthy features.

From an arcane standpoint, she has all invocations running: Walk Unseen (invisibility), Spiderwalk (Spiderclimb, ignore Webs), Entropic warding (leaves no trail, has a scent but cannot be tracked by scent, ranged attcks might miss), and See the Unseen (Darkvision, See Invisible). She will also use her Eternal Wand of Prestidigitation, giving one hour of effect: she will start with a faint 'wet wool' scent to partially mask her own scent- in case they keep sentry animals (she may also use other effects to distract or confuse pursuers, if applicable).

From a mundane standpoint, she will be moving silently (+22, she will move at half speed unless pressed)- she also has Hide +15 (even when not Invisible), Listen +12, Search +8, Spot +8, and can make an active Listen/Spot sweep each round as a free action. If she seems to be discovered, her priorities are escape and misdirection- using her wands especially; she will not stick around to fight unless completely cornered- she might move up or across the roof instead, for instance. Even with gear, she only weighs about 45 pounds, so she should be able to move across any kind of solid roof easily, and may be too light to trip some weight/pressure traps. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases