S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: The map, it is loaded.

[sblock=Ipshivi]

Thanks for the details - I'll let you know now, to save a post in the future, that the place is build completely out of old growth lumber -- mostly the sides of the place look to be solid tree trunks lashed and nailed together, and now covered mostly with moss, which makes them quite slippery.

The roof has no windows or skylights, but it does have a large chimney in the center, but it too is old growth wood and covered with moss.

The front of the structure does have a watchtower, but it is the only other structure you can see.

I'll give you more details from your scouting once the group is ok with it.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Map 1.jpg
    Map 1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 52

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Why don't you folks see about finding a nice secure, and well-hidden, campsite while I'm doing a first pass at scouting this place."

Yoggrith nods silently at the little thief, and turns to head back up the path. "I will do so. Those who wish to join me may come along."

(If we are meeting back here in one hour, Yoggrith will walk about 20 minutes away from the giant village to begin looking for a suitable camp. 20 minutes to walk out, 20 minutes to select a spot, 20 minutes to return. Obviously, what is "long distance" for us is but a hop-skip-jump for giants, so we need to put a larger-than-normal distance between the camp and the village so we are truly out of the giant's perception.)

Rhun

First Post
"While Ipshivi scouts, and you look for a place, I would like to maintain a watch upon this place." Aeranduil looks about, searching for a place that fits the bill.

The elf will find a tree to climb, well off the trail, but close enough to keep an eye on the building and the spot his friends will return to in 1 hour.

Climb 16 (Take 10+6), Hide 31 (Take 20+11)

s@squ@tch

First Post
Scouting

[sblock=Ipshivi]

You creep silently around the perimeter of the structure, starting out on the east side.

About halfway up you notice a set of large double doors -- obviously a side entrance to the place -- a trail leads off into the forest from it.

You put your ear up to the doors but do not hear anything.

Continuing on, you reach the northeast corner and head west. About halfway is another set of double doors -- as you get within 20' of the doors, you start to hear some whining and scratching at the doors, along with some howls. You would guess that there are some wolves behind there, and they smell something out of the ordinary.

Giving that door a wide berth, you continue to the northwest corner and turn south.

There are no doors along this side.

Climbing up the wall, you reach the covered watch-tower and peek carefully over the lip -- you see a square platform which is covered by the roof on top. near the center is a large gong, with a club standing next to it. In the southwest corner of the platform is a stairwell heading down.

You climb further up to the roof and notice a giant chimney in the center, but no other things of note.

[/sblock]

Aeranduil picks out a tall evergreen tree about 100' from the double doors and sets about to climbing it -- however, he finds that the dampness and moss-covering makes it much more difficult than he expected. [Take 10 auto-fails for Aeranduil]

The others head back down the trail for about 15 mins, then head into the dense mass of trees for another 20 mins and find a somewhat secure shelter in a copse of aspens. The gnome/artificier and Ganyon (and his scouts) stay behind while the rest of the group heads back to the giant's steading.

OOC: Map is for Ipshivi to see.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 51

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For S@s]
Sorry, just assumed the standard DC15 for climbing a tree. Its cool, though. He'll just Take 20 to hide in the underbrush and keep look-out that way.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Aeranduil]

I'd be MORE than willing to roll up some climbing checks. :)

Nothing like falling out of a high tree to get the blood flowing....out of the body.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You decide that climbing is not in the cards for you and instead conceal yourself behind a tangle of arrowfoot ferns and fade from site.

The hour passes and you notice no activity from the giant stronghold, and do not see any sign of Ipshivi, either.

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil disentangles himself from his hiding place in the ferns, and quickly makes his way back to the rendezvous. "I saw no signs of activity," the elf says to his companions. "But I am certain they are home. Let us hope that Ipshivi saw more than I."

pathfinderq1

First Post
A few moments later, Ipshivi simply started talking- it was impossible to say how long she had been there... "I'm going to guess that they aren't really expecting visitors- all the doors are closed, but the watchtower doesn't actually have any guards visible up top. This entrance, and two other sets of doors- one with dogs or wolves kept behind it." She reached out and began to scratch a rough map on the ground, pointing out the entry points. "I might be able to actually get inside, either through the watchtower or down the chimney, if we want more scouting, or we can just start poking around..."

OOC-GM: Do you want to open up the s-block and map for all eyes, or do you want me to paraphase?

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil listens closely as Ipshivi explains her plan, nodding as she hits upon certain points. Their true quarry lied just ahead, and as someone who had dedicated the last several decades to the hunting of giants, he paid attention to every detail.

"If there is no guard in the tower, perhaps with a rope some of us can gain entrance to the giant's fort. If we could stealth to the entrance and reach it unchallenged, we could open the doors for the others...and ensure that no alarm is sounded. Entering without raises a hue and cry should be our first objective. We should definitely avoice the area with the wolves."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases