S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - Page 95




What's on your mind?

  1. #941
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    Me axe's just as good fer cuttin' up their pets as fer cutting down giants, Thanor assures Aeranduil. But I'm fer anythin' that gets us inside. I been waitin' a long time ta get me axe in another giant kneecap.

 

  • #942
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,807

    ø Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    Aeranduil smiles at his dwarven companion. "No doubt your axe is fine for chopping many beasts and brutes, Master Dwarf. But wolves make noise; I know stealth is not your way, but if we can reduce our foes numbers before alerting them to our presence, our chances of ending this threat will be much improved."
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #943
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch

    Morika

    The shifter eyes the stronghold.

    "The bigger dey are..." she whispers with a crooked smile on her face.

    "If'n you want to go climb up onta the roof, that's fine with me, or if'n you want to go through the main doors all lickety split, I'm ok with that as well."

    "But as friendly as I kin be wit the critters, I dunt wanna try out my charms on those doggies 'round back."


    "Lets get crackin' some bones."
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #944
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,116

    ø Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    "I'm ready to go in, if that is what we want," Ipshivi added. "But we need to have a plan- once we go in there, we're going to stir things up into a pretty chaos. Even if we kill the sentries, it isn't like we're going to be able to hide the bodies and soon enough they're going to know we're around. I'd say we sneak in, look around a little, then move back out of there for a while. We can stay back out in the forest and take on any patrols when they come out, maybe, but I don't think we can count on just going in and cleaning the place out all in one trip. We have to be ready to handle their response." She paused, thinking. "Or maybe we go in, cause some trouble, and then mostly leave- they will probably go out looking for whoever did this. You all can either go back to camp and hide out, or pick them off bandit style. I'll just stay in there and sneak around while most of their forces are running around in the woods... I'll see if I can find where they keep prisoners- if they do."

  • #945
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,807

    ø Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    "Well, until we better know what we face, we won't be able to chisel our tactics in stone. If there are only a few giants within, then we maybe be able to overwhelm them in one go around. If there are a hundred, we are going to have problems." The elf smiles, hoists his pack and bow. "But we should go before a sentry returns to the watch tower. Ipshivi, if you could lower a rope from the tower, I can make the climb. Should the entry prove unguarded, I can open the main doors for the others while you keep watch."
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #946
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,116

    ø Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    "Well, until we better know what we face, we won't be able to chisel our tactics in stone. If there are only a few giants within, then we maybe be able to overwhelm them in one go around. If there are a hundred, we are going to have problems." The elf smiles, hoists his pack and bow. "But we should go before a sentry returns to the watch tower. Ipshivi, if you could lower a rope from the tower, I can make the climb. Should the entry prove unguarded, I can open the main doors for the others while you keep watch."
    "That works for me, as long as everyone is ready for things to get very bloody very quickly," Ipshivi responded. "I'm on the way. If you don't see the rope really soon, it means the tower is occupied now and I'll have to improvise..."

    OOC: Back to the building, up the wall and across to the watchtower. Make a quick sweep to see if the guards are back- if not, tie off the rope and let it down, then move to the staircase and keep watch. If the guards are back, then sneak down the stairs and scout the area to determine if the doors can be opened easily...

  • #947
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch
    The halfling disappears once again from sight as she walks towards the steading.

    Ipshivi


    As you once again scale the moss-covered walls of the keep, you easily gain access to the watchtower level.

    As earlier, the place is devoid of life. You tie the rope off to one of the sharpened points of the tree-trunk walls, and let it fall silently over.

    You head over to the stairs and take watch.

    As you keep one eye on the stairs and one eye on the rope, you think you hear snoring coming from the stairwell.



    A few minutes after the halfling left, those with low-light vision are able to make out a rope being throw over the side of the watchtower on the south facing wall.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #948
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,807

    ø Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    The elf speaks quietly to his companions. "Time to go. If you can climb and move quietly, follow me. If not, wait by the main entrance, and hopefully we shall have it open shortly." With that, Aeranduil slings his bow, grabs hold of the rope, and begins to climb. He uses the wall of the fort to brace himself, making for an easier climb.



    Climb +6. Should be DC 5 (or 10, if slick, in which case Aeranduil will take 10)
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #949
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    Knowing his place in the plan, Thanor moves as quietly as his plate mail allows and goes to stand by the front gate. Just don't be killin' 'em all without me, he grumbles.

  • #950
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch
    "Aye can be somewhat quiet, and I think I know my way 'round a rope a wee bit better than you -- plus, I brought me kit with me."

    She reaches into her haversack and pulls out a bag of small ropes and tools used for climbing. [climber's kit]

    Aeranduil/Morika


    Aeranduil slips up the rope without much hindrance from the slippery moss covered surface.

    Morika, however, has a bit more of a difficult time -- twice having to stop and redo her hand grips. Eventually she reaches the top.

    Map below.


    Ipshivi


    Aeranduil and Morika come over the edge of the watchtower.





    OOC: attached a view of the steading for all to see. 2nd map is only for Morika/Ipshivi/Aeranduil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails steading.jpg   Watchtower.jpg  
    Last edited by s@squ@tch; Monday, 4th May, 2009 at 05:25 AM.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 95 of 167 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 941
      Last Post: Friday, 30th September, 2011, 06:57 PM
    2. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1386
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 02:18 PM
    3. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black
      By s@squ@tch in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Friday, 26th August, 2011, 04:14 AM
    4. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th August, 2011, 06:07 PM
    5. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - need one PC
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2008, 02:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •