S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - Page 96




  1. #951
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,804

    Ignore Rhun
    For DM/Morika/Ipshivi

    Aeranduil immediately readies Taurionamarth and nocks arrow, but seeing no giants in the immediate vincinity, he lowers the bow and moves to the stairs leading down.

    Move Silently +11
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

 

  • #952
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,589

    Ignore DEFCON 1

    HP 90 | AC 27 | Spell Remain 6/6/5/5/2

    Upon the elf's words, Yoggrith quietly follows behind Thanor, walking towards the from gate. As he walks, he whispers several quick prayers to The Shadow. One by one, hard spikes spring out from his quarterstaff, his stamina increases, and a shimmering, magical field envelops him... all for the fight upcoming.

    (Cast Spikes (8 hours), Bear's Endurance (8 minutes), and Shield of Faith (8 minutes) on self)

    EDIT: Spells Remaining should actually read 6/6/5/4/3

  • #953
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    Ignore s@squ@tch
    Aeranduil

    I have a hunch that Ipshivi will want to go down first, since she is invisible and sneakier than you. I'll hold off on updating until I see something from pathfinderq1.



    Voadam quickly casts a spell, which surrounds him with a white shimmer briefly before it collapses into him. [Mage Armor]

    OOC: Just for record keeping when Voadam returns to us -- Voadam swapped out Color Spray and Silent Image for Identify (x2) this morning, one of which has been cast. He is left with Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, and Identify as his remaining 1st lvl slots.
    Last edited by s@squ@tch; Monday, 4th May, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #954
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,804

    Ignore Rhun
    For DM/Ipshivi

    That was my intention as well. Aeranduil will wait at the top of the stairs while Ipshivi goes down invisibly first. Once he receives her signal, then he will descend.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #955
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    drothgery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,235
    Blog Entries
    3

    Ignore drothgery
    Sanne follows Aeranduil and Morika up the rope, with the practiced ease of someone used to rigging on ships and airships.

    OOC: Climb +5, take 10 if slick.
    Dave Rothgery

    PBP
    Spoiler:

    My EnWorld Blog
    Republic and Empire
    Buffverse M&M game

    Characters
    Active
    Sanne Bacher d'Lyrandar in S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

    Inactive
    Istara Kandorian in Ankh-Morpork Guard's Star Wars: Rebels with Style
    Eric Hassel (Quarterback) in Jemal's Mutant High
    Sariel in Rumspringa's Keep on the Shadowfell
    Khalia ir'Indari in DEFCON1's Eye of the Lich Queen
    Serrana Vao in Karl Green's Knights of the Old Republic (with 213 things Serrana can't do in the Jedi Order)
    Italimelk in Living ENWorld
    Daellin ir'Ayellan in stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    drothgery's Victorian Eberron game
    Star Wars/KotOR Era - The Second K'ril Incursion

  • #956
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,804

    Ignore Rhun
    To Drothgery

    Feel free to read my sblocks above, since you'll be there with the others.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #957
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    Ignore s@squ@tch
    Watchtower group


    As Morika and Aeranduil take positions at the top of the stairs, another head pops over the ledge -- Sanne nimbly steps over the wooden rail and walks over to the others.



    Main door group


    After Yoggrith and Voadam have prepared their abjurative magicks, they move, as silently as they can, with Thanor to the front doors.

    Their massive size causes some sense of alarm in the group.

    "I wonder if they, or we, will be able to open such great doors." whispers the green wizard.

    Last edited by s@squ@tch; Monday, 4th May, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #958
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,085

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    Ipshivi's voice was a near soundless purr- even her keen-eared companions would have to work to hear the words. "It sounds almost like snoring- looks like some giants are about to learn a hard lesson in work ethics on guard duty... Let me go get an idea of how many, and what kind of layout..."

    OOC: With that, she'll head down the stairs- or, more accurately she will climb up the wall, then scuttle down the "ceiling" of the stairway, so that she comes out at the top of whatever rooms is below. Quick count/positions of whatever is down there, and she'll relay to the combat specialists. Don't want to keep the folks outside waiting...

    Invisible (and Hide +16), Move Silent +22, Listen +12, Search +8, Spot +8, and one active Listen/Spot sweep each round as a free action (which she will definitely keep using. Darkvision 60 feet, See Invisible also running.

  • #959
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    Ignore s@squ@tch
    Ipshivi



    You creep slowly down the ceiling of the stairs -- which travel to the south, then turn east, then travel for another 10-15 feet, then turn north, travel another 10-15 feet, then turn finally to the west.

    As you exit the stairwell, you hear the source of the snoring -- to your left is a giant, asleep on a chair propped up against a wall.

    Leaving him for a moment, you crawl around to the north and west, to see the larger room, and see the opposite side of the double doors that you saw from the outside.

    On each side, you also see a sleeping giant in a chair -- a few large flagons lie empty near each one. Large clubs lie menacingly against the walls near their chairs.

    The room itself is quite large -- as you would expect from a dwelling of giants, several torches line the walls, which provide some visibility, and you see three other doors that leave this room -- a large pair of double doors on the middle of the north wall, and two smaller single doors on the NW and NE corners.

    Hides and bags are seen resting on large pegs and hooks near the entryway, and a large round table is on the south wall.

    OOC: I'll post a map for you this evening, so you have a better vision of the layout.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #960
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,804

    Ignore Rhun
    Tower Group

    Aeranduil motions Sanne close, and then whispers to his companions as Ipshivi goes to scout. "Ipshivi heard snoring below...doubtless the guards. Be as quiet as possible. If there are giants sleeping, Taurionamarth should be able to deal with them quietly and effectively."
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 96 of 167 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 941
      Last Post: Friday, 30th September, 2011, 06:57 PM
    2. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1386
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 02:18 PM
    3. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black
      By s@squ@tch in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Friday, 26th August, 2011, 04:14 AM
    4. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th August, 2011, 06:07 PM
    5. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - need one PC
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2008, 02:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •