S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Watchtower group]

The elf steps down the large staircase and enters the room, with Ipshivi next to him, he turns to the south and rounds the corner, seeing the snoring giant slumped in his chair leaning against the wall, one arm hanging free at its side, the other slumped on the table.

The elf takes a position about 5 feet from the creature then silently pulls the bowstring back -- taking aim at the giants throat -- due to the size difference, Aeranduil aims the bow upward.

He calms his breath and releases the string, a muted hiss from the snap of the string is all that is heard before the arrow slips between the giants adams apple and chin, sending the arrow directly into the underside of its skull.

Its eyes open briefly in horror, then roll backwards in their sockets.

It dies quickly, but still remains seated in the leaning chair.

[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"I should be able to hide us for a while, if it comes to that." Sanne says, quietly (OOC: referring to her Least Dragonmark ability to create a fog cloud 1/day). "I don't think the wind I could call would be enough to blow those doors open, though." (OOC: here referring to her Lesser Dragonmark power -- Wind's Favor lets her create a Strong (30 MPH) wind in a highly localized area for up to 7 hrs/day)

Edit: As you can probably tell, I wrote this post while the three above it were happening...

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=Watchtower Group]
With the sleeping giant dead, Aeranduil nods at Ipshivi. Then he whispers to his companions. "One down. If we can slay the other two without raising the alarm, we should be able to let our friends in. I believe the best option would be an arrow through the throat; if they aren't truely asleep, though, I will need your back-up. What say you?"

OOC: Not trying to steal the action, but I don't think anyone else in this group can do as much damage for a coup de gras than Aeranduil can....
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Watchtower group: [sblock] "Well I'm impressed," Ipshivi breathed, with just the tiniest hint of a chuckle. "If you want to try the other two, I'll be ready to help. Morika, Sanne, maybe you can wait at the base of the stairs, ready to rush in if help is needed but out of sight otherwise..."

OOC: Ipshivi will move up to and across the ceiling, until she is above the front entry doors- right where wall and ceiling meet. Then she will perch so that she has a hand free for an eldritch blast if it is needed. [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil nods at Ipshivi. "Then let's get on with it. Be ready to kill the second giant, should slaying the first rouse him from his stupor." He turns to looks at Sanne and Morika. "If this doesn't go well, we'll need your help. Be ready."

Aeranduil waits until Ipshivi is in position, and then quietly moves into position to target the closest of the two drunk giants.

Assuming the giants are helpless (sleeping, passed out, what have you), Aeranduil will try a coup de gras vrs the nearest. If that works and the last giant doesn't wake, he will then move to do the same against the third giant.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Watchtower]

Sanne and Morika stand at the bottom of the stairs, keeping watch on the NW passageway, while Ipshivi scuttles across the ceiling unseen.

Aeranduil silently creeps behind her, although on the floor, towards the two giants.

They appear to be either asleep, or drunk, or both, and they do not wake up as Aeranduil approaches the first.

As he did moments before, he nocks an arrow, takes aim at the creatures neck, picking out the spot at the crook of the neck, and lets go of the bowstring. As before, the arrow catches the giant below the jaw and heads straight for its brain. It lets out a death rattle before its eyes close once again.

As Ipshivi and Aeranduil brace for the other giant to awaken -- it does not, so the elf repeats the same procedure upon the second 'watchman'.

The giants eyes shoot open as the arrow enters its brain stem, then attempts to let out a low scream, but to no avail, as the nerve centers are quickly severed.

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil breathes a sigh of relief as the third giant is slain without the alarm being raised. Then, he moves to inspect the main gate leading outside. He initiatlly looks for a lock or bar of some sort, or perhaps some mechanism for opening the great doors.

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Watchtower group]

Aeranduil inspects the door -- he sees a heavy bar as the only means of keeping them closed.

The doors appear to be massive, however, so even without the bar in place, they look difficult to move for people your size.

[/sblock]

OOC: updated map -- posted so that the outside group can see.

Attachments

• Front Door - 1.jpg
    Front Door - 1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 59

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=watchtower group]
Sanne will check for anything arcane, if Aeranduil doesn't discover a mechanism quickly.
[/sblock]

Edit: Ninja'd again. Also, how high is the bar?

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil too considers the bar across the door. He glances at Morika. "Morika, I know that you are stronger than you look. Grab one side, and let us see if we can lift this bar." The elf keeps his voice low as he speaks, just to be safe.

[sblock=For DM]
Aeranduil has a STR of 16, and Morika's is 20...hopefully the two of them can move the bar and push the door open.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases