S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - Page 99
  1. #981
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block s@squ@tch


    Friend+
    OOC: The bar is about 5 1/2' above the ground.

    "This shouldn't be no trouble." says the druid as she positions herself under the bar -- she grasps the giant-sized hand-hold and pushes it, with some ease towards the opposite door.

    Once the door is free, she puts her shoulder to it, but it doesn't budge. Aeranduil steps up, puts his shoulder to it as well and pushes, but it still doesn't move.

    About 30 seconds later, they finally get it to budge, it opens about 3 feet, and you see the three others waiting impatiently outside.

  2. #982
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,927
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rhun


    Friend+
    "Welcome to my humble abode, friends," says Aeranduil quietly to his companions waiting outside. "I'm afraid we started the party without you, but I'm quite sure there is plenty of fun to be had." He keeps his voice low as we waves the rest of the group in.

    When everyone is gathered, he speaks again, still keeping his voice down. "We've eliminated three hill giant guards. Apparently they didn't take their duties too seriously. My guess is that our time is limited before their bodies are discovered. So we should decide how to proceed, as quickly as possible."

  3. #983
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Redclaw


    Friend+
    Just so long as ye didn't kill 'em all, Thanor grumbles quietly. As fer proceedin', I suggest we proceed to find some giants and chop 'em down. Of course, I'm jest the hired axe. Ye know what yer mission is better'n me.

  4. #984
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,927
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rhun


    Friend+
    "So which way then?" asks the archer. "Ipshivi, do you want to scout ahead, and see what you see?"

  5. #985
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Auburndale, MA
    Posts
    3,659
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block pathfinderq1


    Friend+
    "Let's move out then," Ipshivi whispered from overhead. "I'll move down this near hall- too much noise behind those double doors. Remember, if things go wrong, try to get out- if the doors get shut, there is still a rope out through the watchtower. And if you see anything, hit it hard and fast- we've got no allies roaming around free in here..."

    OOC: With that said, Ipshivi will move ahead, through the door at the "NW" corner of the entry (closest to the front doors). She is still moving along the ceiling, invisible and Move Silent at +17 (she'll take the -5 for moving at nearly full speed).

  6. #986
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,927
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rhun


    Friend+
    Aeranduil follows after Ipshivi (the best he can, considering he can't see her), moving cautiously. He dashes from corner to corner, using the walls as cover, and peaking out to make sure the coast is clear before moving on. He holds Taurionamarth at the ready, set to let arrows fly at the first sign of danger.

  7. #987
    Member
    Time Agent (Lvl 24)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    7,184
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    Block DEFCON 1


    Friend+
    Yoggrith hears the plans of the halfling and he nods. "This sounds acceptable and wise. I will follow slightly behind, as my armor is not quiet." The halfork then takes the same path as Ipshivi and Aeranduil, although several paces behind.

    (OOC: I assume the three spells he cast upon himself went off all right?)

  8. #988
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block s@squ@tch


    Friend+
    The invisible halfling moves towards the northeast door (this is the closest to the front doors) and attempts to open it from her perch on the ceiling, but to no avail -- it is just too large and heavy.

    Hearing her effort on the door, Morika and Aeranduil once again move up to the door, and after about 15 seconds, are able to get it to open enough for the group to move through.

    Moving up the hallway, Ipshivi moves about 35' before she sees a door to the left, 10' past the door, the hallway T's and ends.


    OOC: Ceilings are 20' high, all spells for Yoggrith and Voadam were successfully cast. about 10 rounds have transpired since their casting.

    Yoggrith: Shield of Faith (70/80 rounds), Spikes (~ 8 hrs), Bears Endurance (70/80 rounds)
    Voadam: Mage Armor (~ 7 hrs)
    Attached Files Attached Files  

  9. #989
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block drothgery


    Friend+
    Sanne adjusts her position in the marching order, so she's behind Aeranduil and Ipshivi, but close to the lead.

  10. #990
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Auburndale, MA
    Posts
    3,659
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block pathfinderq1


    Friend+
    Ipshiv paused and perched for a moment, just long enough to employ one of her wands. While she remained invisible, now a faint puff of dim greenish light floated along about 5 feet behind her, allowing the others to gauge her (approximate) position. Then she moved up to the intersection and glanced around the corner- the first door looked to lead to the same area as the large and noisy double doors...

    OOC: One daily use of Eternal wand of Prestidigitation, for one hour of minor effects. Dim 'tracking' light- just enough for sharp eyed folks who know where to look, too dim to stand out otherwise...

+ Log in or register to post
Page 99 of 167 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding
    By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 941
    Last Post: Friday, 30th September, 2011, 06:57 PM
  2. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
    By s@squ@tch in forum Playing the Game
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 02:18 PM
  3. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black
    By s@squ@tch in forum Character Builds & Optimization
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Friday, 26th August, 2011, 04:14 AM
  4. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
    By s@squ@tch in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Thursday, 11th August, 2011, 06:07 PM
  5. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - need one PC
    By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2008, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •