S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1387
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch

    S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

    In a dark underground meeting room:

    “Dispatch the agents – we must know if it is true.” A heavily robed figure says to the assembled group of shadowy figures.

    “At once, master.”

    The room quickly empties, leaving the robed figure to ponder their next move.






    City of Sharn:



    You have received word that House Medani and House Tharashk are seeking volunteers to help them out with a problem that has arisen in Xendrik.

    Various leaflets and posters have been posted all through Sharn, and they have attracted your attention.

    You are to be at the House Medani enclave in the city of Sharn on the morning of 20 Zarantyr 999 at sunrise.

    That was two weeks ago.






    You awaken well before sunrise on the 20th, somewhat excited about the prospect of a new challenge, and also interested to see what the two great houses need from outsiders – for it seemed to be a somewhat uncommon event – first, for Tharashk and Medani to be working together, and second, to want the services of non-house members.

    After hurriedly assembling your gear, you depart for the enclave in the heart of the city, bidding adieu to your landlord, as you honestly do not know if you will be back to your room today, or in several months.

    The morning fog is thick, and as you ascend higher into the city, it becomes thicker and thicker, reducing your visibility remarkedly. You could have sworn that you saw something small with wings out of the corner of your eyes, but when you stopped and looked, you did not see anything. You begin to think you are lost, when you see the familiar shadow of the building before you.






    The enclave rises out of the mist majestically – the ornately carved features and the gold-inlaid coat of arms of the House Medani comes into view.

    Two half-elves, clad in silver chain shirts and holding staves, stand watch at the main gates, and you see 5 others, of all races and sizes, already there before you.

    As you arrive, the morning sun peeks out for a split second from behind the mist, before disappearing once again.

    The half-elves nod to one another and then motion to you.

    “Welcome. We have been expecting you, so please to be following us. Also, be aware that outside magic is not allowed within the doors of our enclave.”

    The one on the left beckons for you to follow, and the doors behind him begin to swing open – of their own accord it seems.

    You follow the first half-elf, and notice the second fall in behind the last of the group.






    You are lead through the entryway of the outer bailey of the enclave, past a reflecting pond, and into a large meeting room.

    In the center of the room is a large wooden table, seemingly crafted out of one large tree – some 6’ across and 20’ long. The natural grain runs the length of the table, two polished tree trunks give support to table.

    On a side table, are pitchers of various juices, along with platters filled with various breakfast meats and breads.

    “Please have a seat, Bendis will be with your shortly.”

    About five minutes elapse, and a young-looking half-elf in robes appears through a door opposite the one you came in. He is followed by a middle-aged human, dressed in a shining breastplate with a cloak, with the coat of arms of House Tharashk emblazoned on the clip, around his neck.



    “Good morning, and thank you for coming – My name is Bendis, Bendis Aldarn d’Medani, and this is Darvir, of House Tharashk.”


    “You are aware of the information presented on the fliers – we are in need of a group to discover what is happening on the southern continent of Xendrik.”


    “The native giants have become aggressive and coordinated war parties of Hill, Frost, and Fire have been spotted together – something that has not occurred in the past, and has put the harvesting of dragonshards well behind schedule for House Tharashk."
    Bendis traces his fingers through the air, bringing an image of dragonshards into view before you.



    He continues, "They have even lost two groups that were dispatched in a search-and-rescue capacity – these groups were among their elite forces.”

    He pauses.

    "House Tharashk wishes the remains of their fallen found."



    “Our seers have been receiving more and more visions of giants as well, of all kinds -- cloud, storm, stone, along with the others, but have been unable to make sense of them at this point. They have also seen scorpions, as well as illithids..."


    Void shudders visibly at the thought.




    “We have procured an airship, the Precarious Retreat, from House Lyrander, to take you to the southern city of Stormreach – it is the main port of entry into Xendrik. The travel itself should take 3 days. Once in Stormreach, you are to go to the Tharashk enclave, where Darvir's brother, Barvidor, will be waiting for you. He will give you more up to date recon and information about where the groups were when they were attacked and put down. They will be sending along a few support personnel along with you.”


    Darvir remains silent next to the Medani wizard, looking over each of you, as if trying to determine if you stand a chance at being successful.

    “You will be paid handsomely if you are able to determine what is coordinating the giants attacks, along with letters of credit for House services from Medani and Tharashk.”

    “Please keep in mind that our seers have detected the presence of the Emerald Claw in their visions. Be vigilant to their machinations.”

    “Now, if you do not have any questions, I will dispatch you to the services of my nephew, Vortan, who will escort you to the airfield.”

    "I wish you success and luck."


    OOC: Currently Lo-Kag is not with the party, he is in Stormreach, but if Nac Mac Feegle desires, he can be with the party in Sharn. Let me know.
    Last edited by s@squ@tch; Tuesday, 8th February, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    ø Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Davan nods and stands, I will assist in any way I can in finding your fallen comrades. He adjusts his rings and falls in behind Vortan.


    **Edit**
    Spoiler:


    Orisons:
    Detect Magic
    Resistance
    Purify Food and Drink
    Create Water (3)

    1st Level: Domain:
    Comprehend Languages
    Divine Favor 1~ Enlarge Person
    Sanctuary 2~ Bulls Strength
    Omen of Peril 3~ Magic Vestment
    Protection from Evil 4~Spell Immunity

    2nd Level:
    Augury
    Calm Emotions
    Delay Poison
    Make Whole

    3rd Level:
    Daylight
    Vigor
    Furnace Within
    Lesser Humanoid Essence

    4th Level:
    Imbue with Special Ability
    Restoration
    Divine Power

    Last edited by OnlytheStrong; Wednesday, 7th November, 2007 at 10:15 PM.

  • #3

    Void - Githzerai Sleeping Tiger Monk 5 / Rogue 1

    You are to report to Sharn Void, in house Medani's enclave, we heard some disturbing news and I choose you above all to verify it.
    The Sensai walks back and forth, Void have never seen him so troubled.
    Illithids
    The Sensai sums all in one word.
    Yes Sensai, I'll do my best.
    With that he departs.

    *********************************

    Shivering to the noting the hateful race, the hooded Githzerai moves nervously. He stands in the corner, leather straps cover his body, and several tattoos can be seen, he wears no armor, but a single "Night-black" cloak, held around his neck with an impressive periapt. His hands are covered with gloves and he wears black boots. When he moves you can swear that he makes no sound at all.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB

    Morph

    After leaving the Cannith House, Morph took his way slowly through the fog. He had trouble seeing in the haze, and also took his time to identify the magical gifts the House had given him for his journey. They spoke little to him during his upgrade, and that is how he preferred it. All they had said was that the monocle would identify items for him if he used it and used a cantrip to see their auras. Minutes later, with his new equipment's power now known, Morph redoubles his efforts at finding House Medani.

    When coming to the House and seeing the half-elven guards outside, he merely nods to them, more than a response than he gave most others. He had discovered half-breeds like the elves and orcs, were given little respect for their parentage. The only respect they had earned was because of the gifts bestowed opon them, dragonmarks, and the power that the marks gave them.

    Upon seeing others, more than likely answering the call to help as well, he quickly scans them as threats to his person. As a warforged, he was seen a little more than a weapon. He dutifully shakes his head as another warforged, undoubtingly a warrior, better serving the stereotype of his races purpose, comes out of the fog.

    He takes a seat at the table, merely looking at the prooffered food and drink. His race had no need of nourishment. He wonder briefly what it would be like to need to replenish oneself during the day. Ultimately he decides, it must be similar to what it feels like when he prepares his spells in the morning every day. Magic was his nourishment.

    As the human and half-elf speak, their request, Morph begins shifting uncomfortably in his chair. As the human's gaze settles on Morph, Morph matches his gaze. Do not underestimate me. Doing his best to hold still, Morph speaks in the hollow sounding voice of warforged. "Are we expected to lethally deal with hostiles or would you like to speak with them in person? What of Letters of Marquee? If we are to battle the giants, ancient relics may be found in their possession. I would like to keep what we find."

  • #5
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,410
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore Shayuri
    There's no disguising Dreadnought's heavy, clomping footsteps. He almost sounds like an approaching giant himself. Nearly seven feet tall and clad entirely in a burnished dark layer of adamantine, his approach was slow but seemingly inexorable.

    He listened stoically to the briefing, then said in a flat, hollow tone that reverberated slightly in his armored hide, "I am interested. The questions asked are good, and the details will need to be defined, but I do wish to perform this task."

  • #6
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rolzup's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    564

    ø Ignore Rolzup
    Darv clears his throat, a little tentatively. "And for my part, I would like to pen a monograph that records the details of our -- no doubt fully successful, considering the look of my new companions -- endeavor. Or are these matters to be kept secret? If so, I can certainly change whatever names need change, and obscure the details somewhat...."

  • #7
    Asenfel merely shrugs and smiles. "You're paying me to kill giants. That's good enough for me. I just hope the rest of these fellows can keep up."

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rolzup's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    564

    ø Ignore Rolzup
    Darv raises an eyebrow. "My legs may be short," he objects, "But I can walk as speedily as the next man. Or run, should matters come to that, which I am certain that they shan't."

  • #9
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionKB
    "Are we expected to lethally deal with hostiles or would you like to speak with them in person? What of Letters of Marquee? If we are to battle the giants, ancient relics may be found in their possession. I would like to keep what we find."
    Bendis appraises the warforged,"You are free to keep anything you find in the southern continent. And you do not have to show any mercy to these giants, for they will obviously show none to you. But we do ask, that you find out what is motivating these giants."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolzup
    Darv clears his throat, a little tentatively. "And for my part, I would like to pen a monograph that records the details of our -- no doubt fully successful, considering the look of my new companions -- endeavor. Or are these matters to be kept secret? If so, I can certainly change whatever names need change, and obscure the details somewhat...."
    "You are more than welcome to record the events of the expedition for posterity."

    Bendis brings his fingers together and places them below his chin,"If there are no more questions, Vortran will take you to the air dock."
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #10
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,410
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore Shayuri
    "I have a question," comes the large warrior warforged's booming voice.

    "You mentioned seers. Did we appear in any of their visions?"

  • #11
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB

    Morph

    Morph taps his thick metallic finger on the table. "What of the groups we are to find? Where were they last seen? Who were they to search and rescue?"

  • #12
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch
    Darvir finally breaks his silence.

    "We have had a dragonshard collecting operation in existance for several years throughout Xendrik.

    We had dispatched a large team to a recently discovered field of Siberys dragonshards near the Titan's Teeth.

    They had been working the field for several days before our communication with them had been cut off.

    It was then, that we dispatched the search and rescue parties.

    My brother, Barvidor, will be able to give you more information once you are on continent, in Stormreach."


    Bendis then begins to speak.

    "Our seers have seen many things, and we are trying to make sense of them, but to answer your question, yes. It was for this reason that we put out the fliers, for we were confident that they would be answered by competent individuals, such as yourselves.

    But, the future is forever changing, and the bits and pieces that our seers receive can differ from one day to the next."
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #13
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    ø Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Then let us be off. While we waste time with words, your own men could be dying or dead. I would prefer that, if they are not dead, our time spent here was spent heading toward their rescue. As you say, we can gather the appropriate information on the way.

  • #14

    Void - Githzerai Sleeping Tiger Monk 5 / Rogue 1

    Void follow the party members from behind, his moves are elegant and quiet.
    Living in a monastery where everyone keeps quite unless they really needs to, made him a "no words entity". His skills requires no sound, that is why he was brought here.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ø Ignore s@squ@tch
    Vortran escorts you to a launch portico off of the main Medani enclave. A small skiff-like transport, powered by a bound air elemental awaits, tethered to a couple of mooring posts.

    Vortan nods to the pilot, who then expertly pilots you to the Lyrander airdock.

    As you climb out of the skiff and up onto the tarmac, the first thing you notice are various passengers hurrying back and forth, luggage and tickets in hand.

    You are somewhat dazzled by the activity – several large airships are in the process of loading and unloading – passengers and cargo are everywhere. Vortan directs you across the landing pad, towards a smaller airship. As you approach, you can make out the name Precarious Retreat etched prominently on several gold inlaid tiles along the lines of the ship.

    At the bottom of the gangway, another half-elf appears to be waiting for you.

    “G’day mates, mi’ name is Dalwir of House Lyrander. I will be your captain on this trip. Hope you don’t mind the cramped quarters, but the Precarious Retreat is built for speed, and not for comfort – I’ll get you there quickly and safely, dontcha worry.”

    “Now, be good lads and head up the gangway and the good quartermaster will see you to your rooms, so that you can stow yer gear. We be leavin’ shortly.”

    “This will be the last time ye feet touch the ground, so if ye be scared o’ flyin’, say goodbye to yer good friend. I promise that once you’ve flown with me, you’ll never want to walk again.”

    “Once we’re underway, I’ll be glad to talk to ye, but fer now, please allow the crew and I to do our jobs.”

    He then heads off, inspecting the hull for any damages after the last trip, shouting orders to his crew.









    The ship leaves port without any issues. Once airborn, the ship hums along, and you get acquainted with the ship's layout.









    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #16
    Quote Originally Posted by s@squ@tch
    “This will be the last time ye feet touch the ground, so if ye be scared o’ flyin’, say goodbye to yer good friend. I promise that once you’ve flown with me, you’ll never want to walk again.”
    Asenfel smirks and responds, "Oh, I'm quite used to flying. Thank you for the concern, though." as he moves swiftly up the gangplank and onto the deck of the ship, then seeks out his quarters.

  • #17
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rolzup's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    564

    ø Ignore Rolzup
    "Fortunately," Darv murmurs as he looks over the ship, "I do not require a great deal of room. But," he adds, brightening, "Surely there is no finer way to travel!"

  • #18
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    ø Ignore OnlytheStrong
    You have a beautiful ship captain. If you do not mind, I would prefer to stay by your side, as I have never been on a ship before. I am quite curious to see how it is handled by a professional of no small reputation. Davan bows low to the captain, and, after hearing his response, heads off to see the quartermaster.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB

    Morph

    Morph makes a sound sounding like a snort. He then abruptly sprouts a pair of metal wings and flies onto the deck. He thinks I am unaccustomed...afraid even...to fly! Not needing to stow any equipment, Morph then stands on deck directly below the elemental ring, trying to keep away from the crew, but staring at the magnificent magical construction.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,410
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore Shayuri
    "The last time our feet touch the ground until we land again," Dreadnought corrects the captain as he clomps heavily to his room. Once there he deposits his gear on the bed. It will be the only use that piece of furniture will have. He then heads back out to the deck.

    On seeing the other, oddly unarmored warforged standing and staring at the elemental ring, he goes over to stand beside him and look up as well, reasoning that there must be something interesting about it there.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 736
      Last Post: Friday, 20th April, 2012, 03:56 PM
    2. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black
      By s@squ@tch in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1661
      Last Post: Monday, 12th September, 2011, 09:13 PM
    3. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th August, 2011, 06:07 PM
    4. Recruiting -- S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 204
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd September, 2010, 09:48 PM
    5. Recruiting - S@squ@tch's Against the Giants, Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Tuesday, 17th February, 2009, 08:16 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •