S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
You enter Stormreach from the north, passing what appears to be the House Deneith compound to your right. A small canal is crossed via a newly re-cobbled bridge. Barrak leads you through several huge archways that connect various plazas in the city.

In the plaza ahead of you, you see a large outdoor bazaar, full of merchants hawking various wares, while what appears to be an inn lies just past the square.

Those who have been to Stormreach in the past recognize the inn as the Chapterhouse, a joint venture of House Phiarlan and Hous Ghallanda.

Before you reach the bazaar, Barrak takes a right and approaches an old giant building, surrounded by a stone wall of newer, human construction. Several armed men stand guard at the gate. They immediately notice him and allow him, and the rest of you, to pass unimpeded.

You are lead through the gate, towards the main building in the enclave area, several smaller, human built buildings skirt the large central building. Banners depicting large Dragonne's pour forth from some of the upper windows, draping the large entry-way.

Once under the banners and into the building, you realize that you are in a great hall, built by giants. You would guess it to be roughly 150' long and 60' wide, with the ceiling being at 30' tall. Two row of giant windows line each wall, with enormous skylights illuminating the the hall. Benches, desks and seating areas dot the area -- it appears that this hall serves several functions -- mustering, planning, ops, and training, to say the least.

Currently there is constant activity in the room, with groups of humans and half-orcs coming and going.

One creature stands out from the rest -- larger than the largest half-orc in the room, it appears to be between 7 and 8 feet tall, with an imposing physique. All across its exposed skin, you notice small coin-sized raised skin growths. You are able to determine that it is a 'he' and he currently is eyeing the doorway as if awaiting someone to arrive, some 30' from you.

Barrak stops briefly,"There," he points to an cordoned off area towards the back left corner of the hall,"Nardon is expecting you, and has prepared the members of House Tharashk that will accompany you into the jungle. They will have all of the details you need before you set out."

[sblock=Void and Davan]
You hear the sound of broken glass amid all of the hustle and bustle in the room. As you look up, you see the source of the sound -- one of the skylights has had a corner broken out of it.

You see a small, glowing bead thrown by an unseen hand hurdle across the great hall, towards the group gathering in the back left corner.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Nac Mac Feegle]
You are the large creature in the room. Welcome!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock]Upon seeing the glowing stone, Davan mutters a quick prayer to the gods; asking them to show him the perils of the immediate future.

ooc: Davan casts Omen of Peril (complete divine page 171). [/sblock]

[sblock=spells]

Orisons:
Detect Magic
Resistance
Purify Food and Drink
Create Water (3)

1st Level:
Comprehend Languages
Divine Favor
Sanctuary
Omen of Peril
Protection from Evil

2nd Level:
Augury
Calm Emotions
Delay Poison
Make Whole

3rd Level:
Daylight
Vigor
Furnace Within
Lesser Humanoid Essence

4th Level:
Imbue with Special Ability
Restoration
Divine Power

Domain:
1~ Enlarge Person
2~ Bulls Strength
3~ Magic Vestment
4~Spell Immunity

[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=OnlytheStrong]
Please put your response in a spoiler block, so that the others cannot see -- besides you and Void, no one has noticed or seen the glowing bead.

You offer your prayers to the Host. Within moments, you receive a vision of the symbol of the Sovereign Host, glowing and pulsing bright red.

[/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
The massive figure looks up as the group enters, and rumbles a greeting. "Ahhh, you must be the ones from across the ocean, I've been waiting for you." Tramping over, causing the floor to rattle slightly, he extends one mountainous hand. "I'm Lo-Kag, and I'll be your guide. If there's giants to be found, I'll find 'em."

Rolzup

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
The massive figure looks up as the group enters, and rumbles a greeting. "Ahhh, you must be the ones from across the ocean, I've been waiting for you." Tramping over, causing the floor to rattle slightly, he extends one mountainous hand. "I'm Lo-Kag, and I'll be your guide. If there's giants to be found, I'll find 'em."

Darv bows to this enormous figure, trying not to stare. A goliath! Fascinating....

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my friend, and an honor besides!"

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought nods head and raises one three-fingered hand in greeting.

"Well met, Lo-Kag. You may refer to me as Dreadnought. I am here to be led to giants, and kill them."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Lo-Kag grins fiercely and grabs Dreadnought's hand, shaking it in greeting. "Ah can only offer you them as I don't get to first, but it's always a pleasure to have company."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases