S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph looks at the large armored warforged as he approaches and stares at the elemental ring. He breaks the silence. "Why is it you conform to the stereotypes that plagues our race? Have you not felt the hate of being treated as only a weapon?"

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought is still for a moment, then looks down from the ring at Morph.

"I don't think I understand you. I was created a certain way, trained a certain way, and because of those things, I am well suited to being a warrior. Should I not do what I am best suited to do? And if I do what I am best at, without regard to what others think, how am I conforming?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph looks up at the towering giant of a warforged. "Don't you see? Humans made you. Humans trained you. You belonged to them and they made you how they wanted you? Don't you want to be what you want? I can see you being what you are most comfortable as, but don't forget that you have a mind of your own and don't have to follow what the human's say."

Shayuri

First Post
Again, Dreadnought was silent for a moment. His lack of expression made it hard to figure if he was slow to understand, or slow to respond.

Finally he said, "There's a trap in that kind of thinking. I could easily say I am doing what I want, and what I like...but then you could say that even the things I want and like have been given to me by others. They built my body...they trained my mind. What then is left for me to trust as my own?"

With the whispering noise of metal grinding on metal, the warforged soldier shook his head.

"I find it best not to look too deeply on things like this. I do what I do, for the reasons I think are appropriate. Why I think what I think; why I feel what I feel...I will leave that to the philosophers."

He nods his head towards Morph, clearly including the smaller 'forged among those he counts with that distinction.

"As for the rest, it is good that we are free now, but I am more comfortable with orders to follow. I don't consider myself a slave or property because of that. Many humans, elves and others have made the same choice."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph nods his head at Dreadnaught as a gesture of respect. "You are smarter than I initially gave you credit for. I am Morph, although I saw little fighting in the war, I am skilled in repairing our kind by both magical and mundane means. If you are damaged in battle, I could help to repair any malfunctioning parts."

Shayuri

First Post
"I am sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to practice your trade. I'm glad to know you have such magic. Since the War ended, I've served with units that were not used to our kind, and had only meat healers. It was a hardship that had to be endured. Fortunately..."

He thunks a three-tined hand on his chestplate.

"...I am not easy to damage. But I think giants will be up to the task."

(hee...Dread's Int 10...but I play it as not stupid, just kind of slow. He gets to the right conclusion, but his mind is like his body...slow, ponderous, but hard to stop. :))

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davan bumps into Morph. I beg my pardon! Davan bows to the two warforged, I am Davan Rowe, cleric from the Sovereign Host. I do believe that you both were chosen to venture in this little adventure of ours, correct?

Void - Githzerai Sleeping Tiger Monk 5 / Rogue 1

The hooded Githzerai steps to the railing and enjoys the view.
Once the warforges intercept in conversation, he eyes them, he never saw one of them, but he heard they were involved in the human wars in the many books and tomes that lie in his monastery.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph was about to let a scathing comment go about the clumsy human bumping into them, but he bit his tongue. After seeing at least an illlusion of respect by the cleric given to him and Dreadnaught, Morph decided that this one, at least not in their first meeting, had any major hate for his kind. "I am Morph. I believe your inquiry is correct."

Remove ads