S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

s@squ@tch

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Davan sings a song of battle to his gods.

[sblock=Turn action]
Davan will cast Cure Light Wounds, in place of comprehend languages.
Cures 1d8+1/level (max+5).....so 1d8+5 (or does it use caster level, which is 4?)
[/sblock]

OOC: Who are you casting it on, and then where is your accompanying move? (all Cure spells are touch dependent) I am assuming you will cast it on Void, if that is the case, he does move before you in the round (as he has a higher initiative modifier, since you had the same roll result) You should have enough move to reach him.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Ooops] Sorry about that. I was casting it on Void and would rather remain still at the moment. No move action for me.[/sblock]

[sblock=edit] I guess I don't have much choice but to get up there. I will have to use my next move action to get the hell back outta the way.[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=OnlytheStrong]So, what is your action(s) for the round then? Void is charging before you get a chance to touch him.
[/sblock]

Zurai

First Post
Seeing the situation develop around him, Asenfel turns his attention to the area of highest threat. He inscribes an intricrate sigil in the air with his scepter and a dark, eldritch energy gathers around it; with an arcing gesture, a wave of shadowy energy lashes towards the pair of air elementals at the back of the airship.

[sblock=OOC]Frightful Chain on the two elementals in the back. The non-whirlwinding elemental is the primary target.
Asenfel's Frightful Chain, post 64 (1d20+11=29, 5d6=17, 1d20+11=22)
Those should both hit (touch AC). The whirlwind elemental takes only half damage, so 8. Both elementals will need to make a DC 15 Will save or be shaken for 1 round (-2 on attacks, saves, skill checks, and ability checks).[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 2 -- Complete

30 – Elemental #1 – In cyclone form – runs over Asenfel, Morph, Crew 3, 4, 6 and Lieutenant
21 – Morph (49/49) -- Move to F19, Cast Magic Missile on Elemental #3 for 17 damage
19 – Elemental #2 -- Move to C-8/7/6, attack Crewman #5 – HIT – 12 damage
19 – Void (36/42) – Tumble past Elemental #2 to square E21
19 – Davan (57/66) – Move to D21, Tumble Check FAIL, Concentration Check PASS - Cast Cure Light Wounds on Void – 11 damage healed
17 – Darv (53/53) – Appear on-deck, Dark Knowledge check (FAIL)
16 – Elemental #3 (Moderately Wounded) – Move to I-20/21/22, attack Dreadnought – 2 Hits for 15 damage after DR, AoO on Davan HIT for 9 damage
16 – Asenfel (53/53) – Move to C19, frightful blast on Elemental #3 HIT for 18 damage.
13 – Dalwir -- Casts spell on self
11 – Dreadnought (87/102) – 5’ step to H22, Attacks Elemental #3 – HIT 3 times for 44 damage
10 – Lieutenant – engulfed in Air Elemental #1, attacks elemental from inside: HIT - 7 damage
5 – Crew (8) - #1, 3, 4, 6 engulfed in Air Elemental #1, #2, 5, 7, 8 shoot crossbows – all MISS

The cyclone continues its rampage all over the deck of the ship, it heads directly towards Asenfel and Morph, who are both able to dodge the whirlwind (Reflex saves successful) – the cyclone continues towards the back of the ship, and the heroes hear additional screams from the aft portion of the ship.

After bypassing the raging twister, Morph moves towards the front of the airship, directly in front of the central common room. He spots the third elemental and utters a short string of arcane syllables before splaying his fingers and snapping his wrist at the whirlwind creature. Four small silver missles arc outward before converging on the whirlwind striking the wind creature with a series of small booms.

The quick footed Gith had hoped to charge the whirlwind that was on the foredeck, but it had moved out of his field of vision by the time he blinked his eyes again. His wounds still aching from the elemental hovering off the bow of the ship, Void realized that he could not reach any of the creatures. “I need to lure them closer He thought to himself as he executed a somersault and moved towards the other side of the ship.

Davan tries to get closer to the wounded Gith, and is unable to fool the Elemental, who lashes out and hits the cleric with a tentacle of wind as he moves past. Once next to Void, Davan is able to center himself and complete his spell – he feels the healing energy of the Host course through him and into the Gith.

"My goodness!" Darv exclaims as he reaches the deck. "This won't do at all...." His eyes glaze over for a moment as he considers, and then light up again as he bellows across the ship.

"Strike against the direction of spin! It shall disrupt their matrix, and destabilize them somewhat!"

Alas, he gets the feeling that his advice proved to be entirely without value in this instance....

The last elemental hovers slightly closer to the side of the ship and forms two huge fists that slam into the warforged warrior, the effects reduced somewhat by his thick armor plating.

Asenfel snarls while moving out of the stairwell and traces a pattern in the air with his giant-bone scepter. A flickering, shadowy energy pulses around the top of the scepter then lashes out, lightning-quick, at the remaining elemental on the foredeck. For a moment, the elementals shape appears to become somewhat chaotic, but it quickly passes. (Will save successful)

The captain draws forth a wand from his belt and suddenly, he appears to split into 5 different clones, then yells for his helmsman to stop the ship.

Dreadnought, seeing that the Elemental had drifted closer to the side of the ship, takes a step toward it and swings three times with enhanced speed at the creature with his greatsword – each blow connecting soundly. Dreadnought does not see any additional impact from striking the creature against its axis of spin.

Lieutenant Isolda attacks the creature from within, her first strike connecting with pinpoint precision and striking a tender spot, whereas her second thrust is hits nothing but air.

The crew that is not engulfed in the elemental all fire flaming crossbow bolts at the elementals, but they sail wide.

Spells Active:

Haste (All) – 7 rounds
Dalwir: Heroism – 500 rounds, Mirror Image (4) – 30 rounds
Lieutenant: Cat’s Grace – 30 rounds

Don't forget your +1 to attacks, reflex saves and AC due to Haste
@ OnlytheStrong: You had posted actions of casting CLW on Void and Lesser Humanoid Essence on Dreadnaught -- I had you use the CLW this round.

Attachments

• Round 2, Abovedecks.jpg
    Round 2, Abovedecks.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=S@squ@tch] Thanks, I sorta posted my turn based on what I was expecting, not what happened. Sorry. I appreciate you doing that. [/sblock]

Davan shrugs off his wound. Dang ball of wind!

[sblock=Actions]

It looks like our warforged friend is going to need healing more than anyone else right now. So I will use Lesser Human Essence on him unless someone else is injured to a point where they are below half their hit points, then I will use Cure Moderate Wounds on them.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Yelling over the gale, Morphs says, "I do not know these creatures, do they see like us? Can they be blinded?" After he speaks, a large pair of metal wings sprout from his back and thanks to his magically enhanced speed he wings to the top of the common room. He intones some magical syllables and mimics throwing somethings towards the elementals at the rear of the ship. There is a dull roar and a fireball blossoms between the air creatures engulfing the tops of their forms.

[sblock=ooc]Aren't elementals normally immune to crits? I use an immediate action to gain a fly speed then I fly on top of the common room(I am assuming it is no more than 30' high). Once there I lauch a fireball at the elementals, centering it high, so as to not be hurting allies on the ship. If the elementals move so as to not be in the area(I want to get at least two of them), I will instead try to slow as many as possible(range 40' no two more than 30' apart DC:20). If no more than one is an available target to those type of attacks then I shall do a fiery burst, 4d6 damage, DC 19. All in all the fireball does 25 damage Reflex: 18 for half [/sblock]

Reason: updated to remove Lieutenant's crit on the Elemental -- forgot that they are immune - thx to Evo!

We are all fair game at some point...I wouldn't mind a d20 rolling my way...;)...my CL is only 7 for haste, so duration should be one less.

Last edited:

Rolzup

First Post
"...or was it with the direction of spin? Damn and blast it. I suppose it doesn't much matter now, though." Head ducked, he makes his way across the deck to stand by Morph. "The gods," he declares at the top of his lungs, "Are with us!" Clasping his hands together he bows his head and mutters a few words.

[sblock=OOC]
Move to G19, cast Prayer. If anyone drops within close range -- crew or comrade -- he'll cast Close Wounds as an immediate action.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases