Into the New World, Chapter 1: Amongst the Verdant Towers

Shayuri

First Post
"No one said we'd leave without a word," Erin replies. "You're assuming a lot. We're not stupid, Enko. We'll prepare. We'll plan. And in the end, we'll go."

"Council blessing or not. With you or not."

She looks at the other girl, "Right Alistia?"

Lorthanoth

Explorer
A bit startled by how quickly things are moving, Alistia gnaws her bottom lip in thought, and then nods, "Alright, yes, I'm with you." she says seriously.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Alistia..." Enko looks at her with a very serious and concerned expression. "Please think about this carefully. You must gain the council's blessing on this. To do something like this without it would be madness. Look, just... promise me you'll speak with them alright. If we go together I'm sure we can work something out. I did... be...fore..." Enko stutters to a stop and stares off into space. Remembering things he's always tried not to think about. He pushes the memories back down into his mind, but in their stead he is once again made aware of that strange uncomfortable feeling he's been sensing since, well he can't remember. All day at least.

WarShrike

First Post
Ryon frowns at the merchant's description of the blade. The thought of the blade being made for killing alone, and the statement that it would cleave through Anakletos's bronze makes him uneasy. Then, he is struck with annother thought. "Say, you think it would be any good against those feathered bear things that come near the town sometimes? There've been deaths. If it can be useful against that, it might be worth a few choice furs.

Zurai

First Post
Cleyra said:
Cleyra fumbles through her bag, urgently looking for something she might be able to haggle with, but she already left all of her crops with Eriboea when she first came into town. "Hmm...would you be willing to trade some of your seeds for...some of mine?" she asks, pulling from her bag a smaller satchel filled with grain seeds.
"Well there, Miss, I 'spect we can do some business along those lines. 'Ere, lemme have a look." With your permission, the trader closely inspects a small handful of your seeds, looking for signs of rot, cracks in the shell, and other assorted indications of their quality. After a few moments he hands them back to you and nods. "Yeap, I reckon I can do that trade. Which seeds ya interested in?"
[sblock=OOC]Both of you rolled low on your opposed diplomacy rolls, but you have a WAY higher diplomacy score than he does. You're able to get an even trade: one bag of his seeds for a more or less equal number of your seeds. Pick whichever kind(s) you want, but note that if you trade away too many of your seeds you may have trouble with the coming year's crops. Only the spring planting has been done at this point.[/sblock]

Thane said:
He's not the best of hagglers, and he knows it, so he contents himself with a pair of the simpler-looking wrought-iron skinning and filleting knives.
While you may not be so adept at haggling, your skins are high quality and the trader seems eager to accept them in exchange for a pair of knives. From his eagerness, you suspect you may have gotten the raw end of this deal.

Ryon said:
"Say, you think it would be any good against those feathered bear things that come near the town sometimes? There've been deaths. If it can be useful against that, it might be worth a few choice furs."
"Oh, aye, it'll slice through fur n' feathers like as they weren't there. Dunno as you'd wanna get so close to one of them as to use it on 'em, though. Still, it's your life; you want it, let me know. Those furs you got look real high quality."

WarShrike

First Post
"Not so much intrested in gettin close to them, but would rather have somethin more than this here skinning knife if one of them decides to get close to me. I'll take it."

Zurai

First Post
Ryon said:
"Not so much intrested in gettin close to them, but would rather have somethin more than this here skinning knife if one of them decides to get close to me. I'll take it."
"Aye, I can see that. How's about the blade for that fine fox pelt you have there?"
[sblock=OOC trade details]The trader's got the better end of this deal. You didn't list which trade goods you bought in your character sheet, so I made one up on the spot ;) Basically there's a 50% markup over the PHB price; you'll need to trade a little less than half of your trade goods to get the blade. You can still decline, but the trader's unlikely to lower his price much if at all. He's aware of the rare quality of the blade.[/sblock]

Masquerade

First Post
Cleyra decides to trade a little more than half of the total seed she carries with her. Most of this she offers in exchange for the trader's grain seeds, which she assumes are similar enough to her own grains to be a safe gamble, but she also trades for one of the bags of fruit seeds (apple) for her own experimentation. Overall, she is quite pleased with the outcome.

As she concludes the deal, Cleyra spots a young man who has apparently just done the same over at the table of metal implements. As he passes by her area, holding a blade of most bizarre hue, Cleyra approaches him, and, without thinking, lets her curiosity take over. "Excuse me, hi. What is that you've got there? I've never seen anything like it," she says, walking alongside Ryon through the crowd.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Alistia jumps on Enko's last stuttered sentence, "What did you do before?! You left and came back?! Then why can't you do it again? If you proposed it and said that you needed people to go with you, and then we said we'd go, wouldn't that work?"

She turns to Erin, "Erin, I think you're right - but Enko's right as well, we can't just run off; I've got responsibilities here. I think if we went about it properly then we might stand a chance."

Remove ads