Into the New World, Chapter 1: Amongst the Verdant Towers

WarShrike

First Post
Confused, Ryon tries his best to make sense of it all. "Leave? Uh... sorry miss... Cleyra was it? I appologize for seemingly ignoring you but i got sidetracked by someone shouting "wolfboy"."

Shayuri said:
Enko was a little worried, you see...I thought maybe having someone as well-traveled as you would ease his fears.

Ryon looks over the group, especially Enko. He cant help but feel that last remark was an insult of some sort. "Right. Leave. And where would you like me to guide you to? If you want to go to the bubbling springs where boys and girls go... to be alone... well, i know the place. beyond that, theres just wilderness and more wilderness after that. Where do you plan on going, exactly?" Looking about to get his thoughts straightenned out, he spots Thane. "Thane, could you spare a minute or two?"

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Enko]The energy from the spirit world continues to leak through to you. It feels almost like the buildup of power when you start casting a spell - except this power isn't the pure, radiant bliss that is positive energy, and you cannot seem to release it in a spellcast.[/sblock]
[sblock=Thane]As the day wears on, you begin to detect some sort of leaking energy from the spirit world. Although you do not have a direct connection to the spirit world through a spirit guide, you still draw power from it for your divine spells. Somehow, some of that power is seeping into you now; it feels different than any spells you've ever called on before, though. There's a dark undercurrent to the power, something unfamiliar that sends a slight chill up your spine.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ryon]Growl seems especially restless as the day wears on. He's always been pretty jumpy in town, since he's not used to crowds, but there seems to be something bothering him beyond the usual today.[/sblock]

WarShrike

First Post
Noticing Growl's sudden behavior, Ryon ignores any response anyone makes and kneels next to the wolf in order to get down to eye level with him. "What's wrong Growl, talk to me."

[SBLOCK=Growl's appearance]He's a big wolf, shoulders reaching Ryon's waist, head at about mid-stomach, long dark grey fur with splotches of dark brown and black, yellow eyes. Basicly a Timber Wolf.[/SBLOCK]

Masquerade

First Post
Cleyra's attention, too, is quickly drawn to Ryon's conversation with the wolf. She immediately forgets whatever it was she was trying to ask him, now intrigued by this curious company she has come into. And did that girl say they were leaving the village? She tries to hide the look of bewilderment that has surely discovered her face.

Zurai

First Post
Ryon said:
Noticing Growl's sudden behavior, Ryon ignores any response anyone makes and kneels next to the wolf in order to get down to eye level with him. "What's wrong Growl, talk to me."

Growl whines and dances side to side, nearly colliding with a startled passer-by. He seems agitated even to untrained eyes. When Ryon speaks, Growl barks back at him and dances in a circle, then glances off north, towards the Noonshadow forest, then back at Ryon.

At the same time, Quoth bobs his head and squawks out, "awwwrrrrk... it comes. Shadow and flame, it comes." He spreads his wings and launches back into the air in a flurry of black feathers, although he doesn't go far, roosting on a nearby roof.
[sblock=Erin]Through your empathic link with Quoth, you get a brief mental image of the night sky stained a dull, angry red.
greek%20fire.jpg

You can tell that something related to the image is frightening him badly.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
Eyes locked on Growl's, Ryon speaks, dread creeping over him. "Arm yourselves. Cuirlen is threatenned." Grabbing several nearby villagers, he tells them: "Find the council members. Tell them the village is in danger. Tell them to send every available hunter to the north end of the village. Go!" Ryon places his new blade, scabard and all, into his quiver. This will have to do for now he thinks, before drawing his longbow and stringing it. Returning his attention to the small group he speaks again. "If you've weapons with you, follow me, otherwise, get some or make sure the council is alerted." To Growl, he says: "Go." As Growl races towards the north, Ryon follows, on his heels.

Shayuri

First Post
For perhaps the first time in her life that she can recall, Erin feels a stab of real, honest to the spirits fear. Not just the uneasiness of dark, shadowed places, or the dawning sick isolation of being lost...but actual, ice in the stomach dread.

"This is very bad," she says, backing away from something no one else could see. "This is bad! Uh...I'll go warn the council!"

She turns and flees away from the crowd, searching for a council member...any of them!

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
As Ryon calls to him Thane approaches and opens his mouth as if to speak, but then frowns, a dark cloud seeming to pass over his face for a moment. A second later he shakes his head. "Something is wrong. There is something...cold in the spirit realm. Something alien." Almost without thought his bow comes off his back and he looks around, a strange look in his eyes.

"Someone should get the people inside, something is coming."

Remove ads