Into the New World, Chapter 1: Amongst the Verdant Towers

Dire Lemming

First Post
Enko shakes himself out of his reverie again to find the hunter with the wolf already shouting about danger. He looks around in confusion, Have they all sensed it too? But... how? Surely this is an over reaction. If none of the spirit talkers are this worried, so why should they be? "Ah- ... Alistia, Cleyra, find somewhere safe to go. Erin, I'll come with you. I need to speak with Pantheras." He runs after her.

Last edited:

Masquerade

First Post
"Not so fast," Cleyra shouts out, chasing after Erin and Enko. "I have connections on the council, too, and I want to help. What's going on?"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
After the unaccustomed effort of speaking for so long, Thane lapses into silence and ignores the people running around and talking about the council. Let them worry about asking for aid and telling authorities, he never had any business with the council and saw no reason to change that policy now.

Nocking an arrow to his bow but not pulling back the string, he tunes out the noise of the crowd and slips back into the familiar instincts of hunting, ignoring the crowd around him as he takes in all the details around him, searching for some hint of the source of this cold feeling inside him.

Zurai

First Post
Ryon's and Erin's dire warnings send a wave of unease through the nearby crowd - which quickly turn to screams and general panic as the ground begins to shake and a rumbling begins to fill the air. At first, the shaking is no worse than a faint wobbling, but it quickly turns into a heaving, stuttering upheaval as most of the crowd lose their balance and fall to the ground. As the earthquake reaches its most violent point, the rumbling suddenly intensifies until the air is rent by the sound of a massive explosion. Screams fill the air as first one person, then another, then the whole crowd points northwest.

The mountains are on fire.

[sblock=What you see]
volcano.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC earthquake results]Enko, Cleyra, Ryon, Growl, and Erin lose their footing and tumble to the ground, but manage to catch themselves and aren't hurt. Thane hits his head on a nearby stall as he falls, taking 3 nolethal damage. Alistia twists her ankle in her fall, taking 2 points of nonlethal damage.
Many of the people in the square are knocked unconcious as they hit their heads or faint. None of the buildings in the immediate area seem overly damaged, but surely the outlying areas aren't so well off. All of the buildings in the river's flood zone are built on stilts, and can't possibly have withstood the violent earthquake.[/sblock]

WarShrike

First Post
Ryon stops short and stares. "The mountain... what's happenning to it? Growl! Heel!" Ryon kneels and comforts Growl, thinking to himself: Now what do we do?

Dire Lemming

First Post
(OOC: Wow, no one is going to survive this if it's a strato volcano. Which it looks to be.)

Enko tries his best not to stare in awe at the flaming mountain. Instead looking around to make certain that no one is injured. Seeing that Erin is unharmed, but that numerous others are not so lucky he calls out to her. "Erin, go find the elders. I have to make sure no one is seriously hurt!" He runs to the nearest injured person and realizes to his relief that they are not seriously injured, then he thinks about the stilt houses by the river. He starts running that way, looking out for anyone who is injured enough to require his assistance. He can't afford to use his healing magic carelessly on those with only minor injuries. As he heads for the river he unconciously takes a route which would lead him past the home of Artimisia.

Masquerade

First Post
Cleyra hesitates a moment before standing. This is the most powerless she has felt in a long time. I hate the feeling of powerlessness.

But it's this feeling that seeds her leadership instincts. I don't know what's going on, but...but these people do, and if they know what to do, I still want to help. I'm worried about my brother, but... As she stands and slings her bag back over her shoulder, Cleyra pulls her eyes away from the fiery mountain, staying focused instead on Enko and Erin, waiting for some indication of what to do next.

{{OOC: Posted this before seeing Dire Lemming's post.}}

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Aaaghhh! Alistia winces in pain I'll be damned if they're all just going to run off and leave me.. but all these people... someone has to do something...

"Glad to see you not running off, Enko" she says through gritted teeth. Alistia manages to stand up and tries to find other people who are still conscious, and attempts to get them to help the unconscious ones to safety.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
This is not natural thinks Thane as he pulls himself off the ground, shaking his head to clear the stars from his eyes. Looking around he strains to see if anyone is badly enough wounded to need immediate care or risk dying.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases