Desert of Desolation Riddle of the Sphinx

sjmiller

Explorer
SiderisAnon said:
If you want even more obscure: There was a custom at one time (I honestly don't remember which country this was) that the part of the noose where it wraps around itself had to have ten windings. This was my first thought. I could make it fit the riddle, but I don't think it really solves the middle.
Usually, the tradition with the noose is thirteen, not ten. That was tradition throughout most of Europe, and most especially in England.

Festivus

First Post
How about a scale?

Ten nails - Ten objects of true weight
Ten lies - Ten objects of incorrect weight
Ten pallbearers true - A known correct weight
Take a little, leave a little - Referring to adding and removnig objects from the scale
Yet it hangs askew - Scale unbalanced?

I dunno, best I could come up with... perhaps after some more caffine

Thurbane

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Probably not as obscure to a person in a pre-industrial culture, but that aside I think that's kinda the point that she poses a riddle so hard that almost no-one can solve it.
It's a quantum leap harder than the traditional "four legs, then two legs, then tree" riddle! Not to mention it's not pre-industrial people that are going to be answering it, it's modern day gamers! :p

Glassul

First Post
It's a thumb. 10 fingernails, ten lie together on your hand, pallbearers use them (fingers and hand) to carry coffins. They are all different lengths (take a little, leave a little), and it hangs askew off the side of your hand rather than next to the rest of your fingers.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Well, if you're not happy with "jib," try this:

It's a zombie with:
Ten (finger) nails,
Ten lies (he's missing some teeth?),
Ten pallbearers (toes - carrying a dead man)
Take a little (eats guts)
Leave a little (leaves trail of blood)
Hangs askew (hope I don't have to explain this).

Thriller-the-thriller-era-obsession-7985365-1210-909.jpeg

Remove ads