Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Bihlbo]Of course my son, the druid says, may the Oerth Mother guide you and give you wisdom while you are away from your element. And always remember that evil may disguise itself many ways, even seeming to be cooperative, but in the end the followers of wickedness work only for themselves.[/sblock]

Daonil steps back out onto the road to rendezvous with his compatriots who journeyed to the tower. He spots his fellows soon and before long your group reconnoiters along the road running east through town (around building 27). You have spent the better part of the morning gathering information, but there are still others in town you could speak with. Perhaps the locals might be willing to share some of their experiences (if you approach them without looking like soldiers of course). Maybe the travelers at the inn have something to offer your group. And there is always the imposing church of St. Cuthbert sitting high on a hill in the north part of town; the followers of the Cudgel might have something to say about the rise of evil activity in the area.

XP: Each character receives 25 XP for information gathered.

Bihlbo

Explorer
When Daonil rejoins the group, he greets everyone and jovially says, "It seems my suspicions about the tower were wrong - you've all survived!" With a great laugh he continues, "I had a good talk with Ashstaff... er, about the Old Gods and my fate... and he also said that the abandoned moathouse to the east is where he suggested we start. The local banditry was something he'd like a report on once we get something to tell him - he'd like to know if it has any connection with the demonic infestation they had at some temple a while back. What did the rest of you learn?"

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aredal chuckles at the dwarf's and elf's exchange and then answers to Daonil. "It seems that great minds do think alike. The wizard in the tower also suggested we'd check the moathouse. He even provided us with a map through an abandoned trail. I would still like to speak with the priests in that yeon church but not about this venture so it can wait. I think we should start towards the moathouse right away then?"

Redclaw

First Post
Time to bash heads? I'm ready. The grin that comes to the dwarf's face would be a little unsettling to most. Luckily he's surrounded by adventurers. ;)

Brachna

First Post
Drynethael nods. "Aye. I'm ready to get to the bottom of these attacks. We now have two separate sources, both pointing towards this moat house as a base of operations." He looks at Aredal as the priest mentions the church. "However, if you feel it would be best to get the blessings of the gods, I would, of course, defer to your judgement."

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry my schedule made posting rather hit and miss this last week, but things should be back to normal for the forseeable future (with the exception of Christmas day).
[/sblock]

Bihlbo

Explorer
With concern in his eyes, Daonil responds, "You lot talk like you've never seen a head bashed in or a throat slit. I've seen mast and sail burning above my head and my friends bleedin' to death in the ropes next to me. It's something I don't want to see again - if it can be avoided. Some bandits deserve killin', but let's make sure these we're after aren't the other kind of brigand before we bring more suffer'n pain into the world.

"But I think we're in agreement about what ta do next. Let's suit up and see what's what at this moathouse. And pray ta whatever god listens that what we find is less an evil than what this place has seen before."

Remove ads