Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC) - Page 7

+ Log in or register to post
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

° Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Vicroar nods at Arendal. I have a small interest in meeting his man as well. Let us be off then.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

° Ignore Voda Vosa
    "And more important than that, I got my second breakfast!" Mulnock says patting his belly.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

OOC

I'm going to be out of town this weekend and the next, so chances are good I'll only be able to post Monday - Thursday next week. I just wanted to let people know so no one holds up the action on my account, since I likely won't be able to get online until Monday anyway.

Since we're going to talk to Ashstaff, if anything conversations or anything happen while I'm gone, just assume Drynethael stays rather quiet around the druid, letting Aredal speak to the human for him.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Blog Entries

° Ignore airwalkrr
    Bihlbo

I see, the druid says as he gently tends to the bushes, you wish to go hunting for adventure. I sensed that air about you. The druid stands up tall and you can see he is a fairly large man, over six feet tall with a tangled brown beard and wispy long hair. Though large, he has a gentle nature. Why don't you come inside my hovel, where we can talk more, he suggests, moving towards the low-roofed wooden building. Following him inside, you see the place is small, simply decorated, and uses the outside of a large tree as one of its walls. Resting on a shelf is a simple wood-carved icon of a very plump feminine figure. The druid moves to a cabinet from which he pulls a green concoction of some kind and pours himself a mug. He offers some of this cold "tea" to you as well, then sits down upon a mat, inviting you to do the same.

Before we speak anymore, let me introduce myself. I am Jaroo Ashstaff. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Daonil. You speak of bandits. I know little of this. Bandits are not a particularly common problem these days, but I have heard the occasional story about roadside attacks. Still, if what you say is true, there may be cause for concern. Last time evil arose in these parts it threatened the entire region. If you intend to investigate this affair with the bandits, I would be very interesting in hearing what you learn. And of course I would compensate you for your trouble. The evil that once watched like a shadow over this land cannot be allowed to rise again. I would suggest you first look in the abandoned moathouse just to the east of town. It was once a satellite for the Temple and may have become some kind of hideout for brigands. If there is anything else you wish to know, please ask. Otherwise, I bid you farewell and Beory's blessing.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, folks! It's still a very busy season at the store. It might be like this until Christmas is over FYI. But I will get back to more regular posting after that.
    Dancing is forbidden!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo
    Ashstaff and Daonil

Daonil can't shake the feeling that there's something required of him in times like this. If only he'd spent less time getting into trouble when he was younger, and more time learning protocol and spiritual matters.

Daonil, careful not to touch anything, stands close to a wall and has a hard time not being distracted by the druid's trinkets and symbols of religious signifigance. Once the druid has finished with what he had to say, Daonil replies, "Er.. um, Ashstaff honored elder," he says, grimacing at his clumsy words then dismissing his failing attempts with a motion of his hand, "I'll surely report to ya about what we learn with these bandits, I promise you that. Banditry I have no problem with, but these seem to be after anyone with coin, even the poor and innocent. And this business with the magic troubles me a bit. I'll try to get to the bottom of things.

"Do you mind telling me a bit more about this evil that covered your land? If I know more about that, and these new troubles got anything in common, it be best I know as much as I can 'bout what's been going on before."
    Old Games

Guide (Lvl 11)

Blog Entries

° Ignore airwalkrr
    Bihlbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bihlbo
    "I'll surely report to ya about what we learn with these bandits, I promise you that. Banditry I have no problem with, but these seem to be after anyone with coin, even the poor and innocent.
    Bandits are rarely noble, my child, the druid replies, stories of heroic bandits stealing from the rich to give to the poor are all but unheard of. They exist merely in fairy tales.

And this business with the magic troubles me a bit. I'll try to get to the bottom of things.
    What business might that be? the druid asks, I am not certain I know what magic you speak of.

"Do you mind telling me a bit more about this evil that covered your land? If I know more about that, and these new troubles got anything in common, it be best I know as much as I can 'bout what's been going on before."
    The short bit is that followers of a powerful demon came to this land and brought great strife to the area. Their influence on the region was so foul and they attracted so many evil creatures to their side that the forces of good were required to intervene. Six years ago, the two sides clashed on the field of Emridy Meadows. Evil was routed and fled into their temple where heroes followed. They sealed the demon within the temple and closed off the lower levels. The forces of evil were scattered to the winds and that was the end, so we thought. I fear that the banditry of late may be a sign of Evil's return. But there is no need to be hasty. I would like to know more before making a judgment.
    Dancing is forbidden!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo
    Ashstaff & Daonil
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalkrr
    What business might that be? the druid asks, I am not certain I know what magic you speak of.
    "The rumors say that fearsome, magical beasts are following travellers on the road as they come into town. No doubt their howls are meant to scare people off. I assumed it was the work of the wizard, but I suppose it could be something more sinister, if the wizard is a protector of this place."

Quote Originally Posted by airwalkrr
    The short bit is that followers of a powerful demon came to this land and brought great strife to the area. Their influence on the region was so foul and they attracted so many evil creatures to their side that the forces of good were required to intervene. Six years ago, the two sides clashed on the field of Emridy Meadows. Evil was routed and fled into their temple where heroes followed. They sealed the demon within the temple and closed off the lower levels. The forces of evil were scattered to the winds and that was the end, so we thought. I fear that the banditry of late may be a sign of Evil's return. But there is no need to be hasty. I would like to know more before making a judgment.
    "Well, what would be the best way for me and those I'm with ta learn more for you? If they were last seen in that temple, maybe that's where we gotta go first."
    Old Games

Guide (Lvl 11)

Blog Entries

° Ignore airwalkrr
    Bihlbo
    "The rumors say that fearsome, magical beasts are following travellers on the road as they come into town. No doubt their howls are meant to scare people off. I assumed it was the work of the wizard, but I suppose it could be something more sinister, if the wizard is a protector of this place."
    Ah, now I understand what you meant, the druid says with a nod, though I imagine the howls people have been hearing are far more mundane creatures than they expect. Monsters to be sure, but most likely humanoids and not magical beasts.

"Well, what would be the best way for me and those I'm with ta learn more for you? If they were last seen in that temple, maybe that's where we gotta go first."
    I doubt you will need to go quite as far as the temple, at least not yet. The temple is too far away to be used as a staging ground for attacks on the highways here. It is more likely the bandits are somewhere closer. An abandoned moathouse to the east might be where they are hiding. I would check there first.
    Dancing is forbidden!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo
    Ashstaff and Daonil
    "Thank you, I appreciate your help. As soon as I find out where the troubles come from, I'll be back to tell you what I've learned." Daonil pauses a moment. "If I could have a traveller's blessing, it would be a great honor. So far from the sea, my home of the heart, I feel weary sometimes at the thought of staying so far inland, even in such exciting times."

Once they are done, Daonil leaves with an as-appropriate-as-he-can-think-of farewell, and heads toward the tower to meet the others. If he approaches when they are inside, he will stay back a good distance and wait for them on the road.
    Old Games

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

° Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Is that druids home far from here? We could take a look."
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Guide (Lvl 11)

Blog Entries

° Ignore airwalkrr
    Bihlbo
    Of course my son, the druid says, may the Oerth Mother guide you and give you wisdom while you are away from your element. And always remember that evil may disguise itself many ways, even seeming to be cooperative, but in the end the followers of wickedness work only for themselves.

Daonil steps back out onto the road to rendezvous with his compatriots who journeyed to the tower. He spots his fellows soon and before long your group reconnoiters along the road running east through town (around building 27). You have spent the better part of the morning gathering information, but there are still others in town you could speak with. Perhaps the locals might be willing to share some of their experiences (if you approach them without looking like soldiers of course). Maybe the travelers at the inn have something to offer your group. And there is always the imposing church of St. Cuthbert sitting high on a hill in the north part of town; the followers of the Cudgel might have something to say about the rise of evil activity in the area.

XP: Each character receives 25 XP for information gathered.
    Dancing is forbidden!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo
    When Daonil rejoins the group, he greets everyone and jovially says, "It seems my suspicions about the tower were wrong - you've all survived!" With a great laugh he continues, "I had a good talk with Ashstaff... er, about the Old Gods and my fate... and he also said that the abandoned moathouse to the east is where he suggested we start. The local banditry was something he'd like a report on once we get something to tell him - he'd like to know if it has any connection with the demonic infestation they had at some temple a while back. What did the rest of you learn?"
    Old Games

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

° Ignore OnlytheStrong
    I learned that dwarves do more than grumble, although not much more. Vicroar says teasingly, slapping his miniature companion.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Redclaw
    And I learned that elves talk to much, but I guess everyone already knows that, Dolan responds with a hint of menace.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Blog Entries

° Ignore Blackrat
    Aredal chuckles at the dwarf's and elf's exchange and then answers to Daonil. "It seems that great minds do think alike. The wizard in the tower also suggested we'd check the moathouse. He even provided us with a map through an abandoned trail. I would still like to speak with the priests in that yeon church but not about this venture so it can wait. I think we should start towards the moathouse right away then?"
    Back to PBP:
    After Earth, OOC, RG

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Redclaw
    Time to bash heads? I'm ready. The grin that comes to the dwarf's face would be a little unsettling to most. Luckily he's surrounded by adventurers.

Drynethael nods. "Aye. I'm ready to get to the bottom of these attacks. We now have two separate sources, both pointing towards this moat house as a base of operations." He looks at Aredal as the priest mentions the church. "However, if you feel it would be best to get the blessings of the gods, I would, of course, defer to your judgement."

OOC

Sorry my schedule made posting rather hit and miss this last week, but things should be back to normal for the forseeable future (with the exception of Christmas day).

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

° Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Lets cut some throats my friends. And get our grasp on some treasure while so." the gnome says smiling.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Bihlbo
    With concern in his eyes, Daonil responds, "You lot talk like you've never seen a head bashed in or a throat slit. I've seen mast and sail burning above my head and my friends bleedin' to death in the ropes next to me. It's something I don't want to see again - if it can be avoided. Some bandits deserve killin', but let's make sure these we're after aren't the other kind of brigand before we bring more suffer'n pain into the world.

"But I think we're in agreement about what ta do next. Let's suit up and see what's what at this moathouse. And pray ta whatever god listens that what we find is less an evil than what this place has seen before."
    Old Games

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

° Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Show me that map so that I may lead the way.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast