League of Extroardinary Gentlemen - The Fairy Tale Edition

Ranger REG

Explorer
Trust me. I wish I'm drunk. :D

The whole LXG discussion somehow prompted such a wacky thought in my head. How about an LXG based on fairy tale figures? You have the three Prince Charmings (from Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty), the Hunter (from Little Red Riding Hood), Pinocchio, Ariel the mermaid, etc.

Any idea how to put such a crossover setting?

Walt C

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
Trust me. I wish I'm drunk. :D

The whole LXG discussion somehow prompted such a wacky thought in my head. How about an LXG based on fairy tale figures? You have the three Prince Charmings (from Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty), the Hunter (from Little Red Riding Hood), Pinocchio, Ariel the mermaid, etc.

Any idea how to put such a crossover setting?

Heck, I'll bite.

You'd need to pick an era. While the Brothers Grimm collected their folk tales in the 1800s, I'd probably stick it in the Elizabethan era (and ignore the inconsistencies of some of the members; just say the later tales were based on earlier ones).

The League:

Prince Charming is an Ottoman Prince. He's a master swordsman and polygamist. He's seduced and married multiple noblewomen.

The Little Mermaid (she's unnamed in the original source, so feel free to give her a different name than Disney's Ariel) is a beautiful woman that can transform into a mermaid (which makes her an excellent scout during seaborne adventures).

The Flying Dutchman provides transportation. While neither he nor his ship can ever reach shore (the rest of the League sail to and from the ship in a rowboat), the Dutchman has an unparalleled knowledge of the seas. There is some flirtation between the Dutchman and the Mermaid.

Pinocchio is a clockwork robot. His body contains many helpful gadgets, but he has a great fear of fire. He is also a master craftsmen (he learned from the man that created him) and often helps the Dutchman improve and repair his ship.

The Wolf is an anthropomorphic wolf. He's rather cunning and genteel, although he is wildly aggressive in combat.

Rapunzel is an escaped royal from another country. She has long, prehensile hair that she can shape and use to grab things, lift her up, attack, etc. So far she has rebuffed Prince Charming's attempts to become his latest wife, but she does find him attractive.

Walt C

Ranger REG

Explorer
Walt C said:
The Wolf is an anthropomorphic wolf. He's rather cunning and genteel, although he is wildly aggressive in combat.
Actually, there are two Wolves: one's a master of disguise and reformed con artist who is paired with the Hunter, who is his parole officer.

Another Wolf recently convicted of property damage. Currently being detained by Three Little Pigs.

Pinocchio is the new head of the tech division, replacing the injured egghead, Mr. H.

Remove ads