Thrane strike force. RAIDERS OF AUNDAIR STAY OUT

DrZombie

First Post
If you're not, here's the deal.: The players are currently in their homebase after the they scared off some raiders from a caravan. They have something thrane want. Thrane has a strike force nearby and will assault the tower in the middle of the night. I need 6 players who want to make a strike team.

Rules : anything from eberron fitting in a thrane setting, level 5, 32 pt buy, six players. No need for a full background, just a character ready to rumble. Soon. An arcane caster, a divine caster, four fighters/rogues/whatevers. Something like that. It'll be one combat only. If you survive and the players don't, we'll start a game :D

Zurai

First Post
I'm thinking Warforged Warblade. Total damage machine (pun intended) and damage soaker. Greatsword, adamantine body, power attack, etc.

Eidalac

Explorer
Hrm.

A one shot fight?

I"m all over this.... maybe I'll try out one of those terribly stereotyped paladins since the divine caster has been called.

Oh, or a Crusader... if you permit martial adepts that is.

DrZombie

First Post
Equipment for your level.

The backstory. Your group has been secretly following a caravan. Thrane believes that the caravan is transporting coffins containing old, powerfull undead. When the caravan was nearing the karrnathi border a part of your team halted the caravan.The plan was to use mind-magic to convince the caravan-guards to hand over the boxes. The plan failed miserably. Only two common soldiers survived. they spoke of an airship interfering and taking away the cargo. You followed and scouted the terrain. The enemie is locked up in an old border-tower. It's four floors high (about 30'). The entrance can be sealed with a stout wooden door and a portculis. There are arrow slits all around the tower. It is open to the air, and from the top of the tower is an airshipramp.

the mission :
1. End the threat to Thrane. It would be best if you could obtain all the crates, one way or the other. If that is impossible, destroy them all. Under no circumstance should the undead be released.

2. Get more information. Try to take a prisoner.

3. Make sure info gets back to Thrane.

This is not a suicide mission. While some of you might be zealots, some should try to get out alive with some info.

This is an experiment for me as a DM. It could turn into a campaign with one group of players chasing another group. If any of your characters survive I might use them as recurring nemesisses, if they gety whiped but it proves to be an interresting fight I might do this more often :mad:

DrZombie

First Post
Eidalac said:
Hrm.

A one shot fight?

I"m all over this.... maybe I'll try out one of those terribly stereotyped paladins since the divine caster has been called.

Oh, or a Crusader... if you permit martial adepts that is.

I'll approve anything that's been published by WOTC 3.5 and is appropriate for an eberron campaign.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I like. I like A LOT. Seriously, this sounds excellent. Give me until tonight and I can work up either a rogue-type or an arcane caster, whichever works better (if you don't know, I'll make both and we'll see which is meaner ;) )

EDIT: I think I'll try making an arcane buffer/mobility caster to get the team into the tower.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Alright guys, I see two plans of attack, let me know which you like:

Option 1: Stone Shape - Cleric 3 spell, we can put a bigass hole in the wall and charge in.

Option 2: Scrolls of Spider Climb and Invisibility Sphere.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases