DRAGON #360 Art Gallery: Dryad

Aeolius

Adventurer
That thing from Design & Development: Cosmology (9/26) is supposed to be a dryad?!?
dragon360_14.jpg

Ummm...no. Mind you, it says "Concept: Dryad", so perhaps there is still time for them to get it right.

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
Well, you know...it was the classic problem all over again. I mean, they just couldn't call them Entwives, could they? And Treantwives is awkward to pronounce. And since there were enough comments about slutty-looking fey in the MM1, they probably went with the path of least resistance...you can call this dryad a lot, but slutty it ain't. :lol:

Cadfan

First Post
Frankly, a monster the players can stab is more useful to me than a monster they can't.

This looks a lot more stabbable than the "hot chick with nonviolent powers" dryad type.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Cadfan said:
Frankly, a monster the players can stab is more useful to me than a monster they can't. This looks a lot more stabbable than the "hot chick with nonviolent powers" dryad type.

there's a joke there... but I'm not going to be the first...

Me, I prefer the "hot chick with nonviolent powers" dryad. D&D is NOT solely about combat. Having a fey that charms her opponents, occasionally keeping the ones she fancies, is infinitely more interesting than that topiary abomination.

Drkfathr1

First Post
Aren't they calling this the "Blackwoods Dryad"? So maybe its an evil or feral version, not the classic type we're used to?

Personally, I prefer the slutty type, but it will be nice to have a version that's meant to be fought.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases