ORCS or Half-Orcs?

Commonblade

First Post
Has anyone seen in info on Orcs or Half-Orcs at all? I havn't heard anything about them as monsters or races. Not even art showing them getting cleaved up by players. I just find it stange that we have heard nothing about them. :uhoh:

TwinBahamut

First Post
I think orcs were mentioned as being a possible thing to fight in a signle blog post or podcast, but not much else.

The absolute silence concerning such an iconic creature like the orcs is making many people wonder if they are the "mystery race" that has been hinted at, but not announced, for the PHB.

Who knows about half-orcs...

Lord Fyre

First Post
TwinBahamut said:
I think orcs were mentioned as being a possible thing to fight in a signle blog post or podcast, but not much else.

The absolute silence concerning such an iconic creature like the orcs is making many people wonder if they are the "mystery race" that has been hinted at, but not announced, for the PHB.

Who knows about half-orcs...

But then, why all the cloak and dagger? Orcs are already used as PCs in other settings, such as Ebberon.

Stone Dog

Adventurer
Lord Fyre said:
But then, why all the cloak and dagger? Orcs are already used as PCs in other settings, such as Eberron.
Not as a standard pick though. They are just as optional as in normal D&D, just easier to explain.

Mighty Veil

First Post
Half-orcs! Orcs are the baddies. Fantasy works best when its black and white, not with shades of grey. Let those who want orcs to house rules it. I'd like half-orcs background go more back to its 1e version. Doubt that will happen from what I've read of the flavor so far, and considering who a few of the writers are.

Commonblade

First Post
psionotic said:
I for one would be delighted if orcs replaced half-orcs as a core PC race.

Me too. What gets me is they bothered to put the evil alignments in the alignment section for 3.0/3.5 PHB but then they skipped all the evil races in the races section. I would loved to have seen Orcs and Goblins in the PHB. I fell it would have rounded everything out.

What I also don't like is how playing some of these races out of the MM can make you feel like a second tier race, when really there should be a lot more out there for them.

just my 2 cents.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases