Winter ball

You really do not have to DISAGREE you can just offer your own Idea, i mean I could say, I dont like your idea, but I wont. Because its not a bad idea, even if I think I like mine better.

Thanks.

But, I was just kind of going for off beat, with ice troll costumed servants.. it was just more a caveman type winter celebration, Figures frozen in the walls could be anything, even just regal images, all illusionary.. But I dont think I am going to be a rude and pick your idea apart.

Last edited:

Bari

First Post
Dude, you don't have to take that personally... I mean, if she doesn't like the idea, then she doesn't like and that's it. She disagrees. It's not like an offense, it's just fact.

Brutal Bonegrinder said:
i mean I could say, I dont like your idea, but I wont. -(What you left out) >( Because its not a bad idea, even if I think I like mine better.)-

Okay if you want to make me loo offended then so be it, but for the sake of quoting, might want to tell all of what I said, instead of just helping out your own assumption with leaving things out.

Now I wont be posting anymore on this Bari, go ahead and get your last words in, I do not feel like having this thread turn into some rage spam, or have it go off topic.

Thanks.

Khaira

First Post
Whoa. Easy, folks. We're just brainstorming here; this isn't a Survivor-EN World Elimination competition. Breathe in, breathe out.

Brutal said:
I assume if they would celebrate anything it might be Winter solstice, nothing wrong with the seasonal changed.

Pardon me for being technical ... but the only problem with the Winter Solstice is that doesn't occur for another couple of months. The period of time between January and February (I'm taking FR time here, not real world time).
That being said, we wouldn't have to celebrate Winter Solstice; we could compromise that, and just celebrate the beginning of winter, the first snow, and all that jazz.

Dontella said:
The Pegasus Ballroom has been transformed for the evening. Like a winter fairytale given form, guests find themselves in a land of snowy wonders. Frosty white and blue lights are cast along the walls, transforming the area into a majestic snowy glade. Completing the illusion are rising images of frost covered pine trees, a path of pebbles brushed clear of snow, and an icey pond that look inviting slick to play and skate about. Rising above the scene is a cold winter's moon, starkly lit against the darkened shadows like an evening sky. Tucked among the trees are small tables with little pots of fire upon them for light and heat, and the chairs are lined with soft warm fir. Here to can a long table of delicacies be found.. snacks and sweets, drinks both hot and cold.. enough to tease and sate any appetite.

I won't say that I don't not like the concept ... er, that is to say, I like the concept, but it seems a little too 'fluffy', for lack of a better term. Maybe it's just the 'winter fairytale' thing that makes it seem a little too elvish/fae'ish (not saying there's anything wrong with that)
I wonder if all of these illusion magics do a number on the Rotunda's wards... ;)

Ruthia

First Post
uumm..I like the snow/winter theme. It's simple and can be worked on in a quick pinch. *nods* Can Fegee dress up as a snowman? Pleaaaaassseee I wanna have a snowball war!

Dontella

First Post
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
You really do not have to DISAGREE you can just offer your own Idea, i mean I could say, I dont like your idea, but I wont. Because its not a bad idea, even if I think I like mine better.

Thanks.

Disagreement is not a personal attack, like you seem to be making it out to be. It's saying that I dislike the idea presented.

It is perfectly alright to dislike the idea.. so long as there is no ill will or intention towards the player behind the idea. You seem to be taking offense where there is none.

Back on Topic: I generally play elves.. so most of my suggestions are probably, indeed, going to be rather fluffy fae based. *grins*

I think everyone in in a basic agreement, that is having the theme be "winter." The only real question is what presentation of winter will have the most appeal to the masses.

So, Summary so Far, perhaps we could see which is the most popular and work up a description from there.

Snow Moons and Winter, what sort?
1. Festival of the Moon - Blues, Purples, Silver and White... dark mystery
2. Winter Horror
3. Fluffy Fae style (LOL)
4. Ice Palace/ some combination
5. Same as the year before.

Last edited:

Kalreil

First Post
Whether or not offence was ment, you do tend to come off a bit on the overbearing side,Dontella.

Now I like the idea of an ice castle type thing,and the Feast of the Moon,though with all the cross planar traffic it would probably end up as more than that. The snowball fight is a good idea, especially for those of us that still have some of Alek's snowball wands.(bet you forgot about that, Ru.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases