Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Side Action Thread A [3.5E D&D] [IC 01]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"No, nothing else for now. If you find out who was supposed to be monitoring his prison last, please let me know. Thank you and goodbye." Tau turns and walks away.

He returns home and begins identifying the items they found. The information he learned can wait until a report tomorrow.

Leif

Adventurer
End of Kerlan's meeting with R. Whitewash

OOC: Kerlan should really go back first and tell his friends what he learned. That will make everything flow more smoothly what with us switching threads for this and everyone else being kinda in limbo at the moment.

*Return to Main Action Thread now*

Lou

Explorer
Raul visits the Wizards

Raul finally got completely moved into his new apartment. All that running around outside the city left no time for being domestic. With his new-found gold in his pocket, a Monk's Belt was what he wanted, so he finished up his duties and headed off to see the Wizards.

Leif

Adventurer
Raul's Off to See the Wizards, the Wonderful Wizards of ... the LCA

Raul makes his way to the 15th Ward, and approaches the edifice of the tower that houses the Lauralie Conjurers' Academy. [OOC: Just going to walk right in, are you?]

[sblock=Kudos to Lou]Excellent use of the side-action thread, btw![/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

OOC: After being a Constable for some time, I figured Raul at least knew how to gain admission and speak with someone.

Raul walks up to the tower and stops. Looking around, he thinks, Why are wizards so weird? Can't they just use doors like everyone else?

Leif

Adventurer
visiting the LCA

OOC: Well, since we've never played this scenario, I thought I'd have a little fun with it. :)

There is a wide set of steps leading up to the unnaturally dim veranda. There is a richly carved mahogany door, but no bell or knocker is evident. Raul waits expectantly for a bit, but nothing happens. He finally decides to just go in and look for a 'help desk' or something. The door opens very easily and is extremely well-balanced on its hinges. Raul estimates that the huge, 9-foot tall edifice must weigh close to one thousand pounds, but he feels no weight at all when swinging the door open. Inside the entrance hall, there are a number of cloak/coat hooks. No garments are hanging there. There are two large statues of guardsmen flanking the portal leading deeper into the tower. Raul stands there for a moment, but sees no one. Presently, he hears the sound of someone impatiently clearing his throat, but still sees no one.

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier enters the rabbit hole

"Um, Constable Ederaul Mamier of the 14th Ward to see someone about a magic item." Raul stutters and catches himself. Where is that sound coming from?

Leif

Adventurer
LCA - Raul

"Very well, then. Wait one moment, please." Raul realizes now that it is one of the statues who is talking to him. A thoughtful look comes over the Stone Golem's face for a moment, and then he (it) says, "Someone will be along to see you shortly. May I offer you some refreshment while you wait?"

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier talks to statues

"That's very kind of you, but I'm fine." Raul says as he looks around the entryway with amazement.

Leif

Adventurer
LCA - Raul

"Very well, can't blame a golem for trying to be sociable! But, as you wish .... just a moment, please..." A look comes over the stony face that Raul would swear is a thoughtful look if it was on any flesh-and-blood creature. After another moment, the golem continues, "...ah, there. 'T'is done. Someone will be with you shortly."

After a few more minutes, an aging Dwarf wearing the servant's livery of the LCA appears out of nowhere. "Yes, Good Constable, how may the LCA be of service to one of Lauralie Summerhome's Finest?"

After Raul relates his tale, the Dwarf says, "Ahh you want to see Professor Mirisa Brightbloom!" He then produces a scroll, reads it, and Raul finds himself standing outside a door in a hallway that is definitely not where he just was a second ago. A Placard beside the door reads, "Assistant Professor Mirisa Brightbloom." Raul looks around nervously, sees no one else, and having no other reasonable course of action available to him, knocks on the door. "Enter, you Fine Hunk of a Man!" says a sultry voice with the accent of a Sylvan Elf.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases