Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Side Action Thread A [3.5E D&D] [IC 01]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: It may take a little while for the Constables to figure out where the action is. Feel free to assume that Tau returns to the area of the Polished Staff just in time for any excitement either this evening or tomorrow as needed. Wouldn't want you to miss the fun.

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, [MENTION=7776]KerlanRayne[/MENTION], I found it! Let's do some side action here!

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau approaches his former superior, glad to speak with someone his has grown more comfortable with in their time working together. "Hello Richard. I need some help and I thought you may be a good place to start for information. I know it's not really your area of expertise but you still have a wealth of knowledge about the the school and the many groups that it is comprised of."

"Do you know what department I can go to for information about the wards that the Academy put in place to help keep dangerous creatures out of the city and surrounding areas?"

Leif

Adventurer
Professor Whiewash says, "Shhh!" and leans in conspiratorially towards Kerlan across his desk. We don't talk about such things at casual volume, because you never know when one of the Sentinels might just have ts attention turned inward! FIRST of all, before I tell you anything, let me just say that I'm not telling you anything *wink, wink* right??? SECOND of all ... hey! ... Why do you ask, anyway? What's going on that might involve the Demodand Gates ... SHOOT ... I mean those wards you asked about?"

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
With wide eyes Tau slaps his hand over his mouth, as if that would undo what he had said. "I . I . I'm sorry sir." He whispers back. "I did not realize this was a topic that may cause trouble. I am working with the Constables now and we are investigating the possibility that an extraplanar being is in the mountains gathering followers from the creatures there. We fear it may be a threat to the city and wanted to know more about the area. It seemed that the people who maintained the wards in that area would be a good source of information about what we would find there."

Leif

Adventurer
Professor Richard Whitewash

"Hmmm. Verrrry interesting. The intelligence that I have been privy to indicates that there is indeed a force gathering in that area, but my sources point to a more natural cause, mainly a large gang of ogres. How do you come by the information that the force is extraplanar?"

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau looks at the professor with interest, and a bit more respect, if that were possible. This is a side of him he had not seen before. "We believe it to be the Slaad, Thelugadam, which you had previously helped me research. We found references to him in a house that had been overrun by orcrats and just recently a man was drugged with something which allowed Thelugadam to influence him into poisoning Sir Upjohn, but we were able to stop him before it did any permanent harm. He was even able to speak through Sir Upjohn himself, which was a tad frightful, I'll admit. He may have seen Sir Upjohn as a threat to his plans."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Profdessoe Richard Whiewash

"Oh, dear, that is dreadful! We'll have to get a crash team and a trace team out to Sir Upjohn's at once! Possession is always a bit unsettling to witness, yes. I can see how Thelugadam would see Sir Upjohn as a threat, yes. Well, no more time to chat now! Must get that crash team and trace team mobilized at once. Don't forget to document all your work as a practicum, and file for independent study credit! You'll have to catch back up on your student activity fees and pay tuition for the term, too! Must dash! Tell Mabel to lock up!" And, with that, Professor Whitewash sprinkles a pinch of metal filings around himself, makes an arcane gesture, mutters words that you can't hear plainly, and vanishes with a puff of white smoke. The room is suddenly filled with the aroma of nutmeg and cloves, and you are alone.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau stands there for a moment, a confused look in his eyes and his mouth open. Before long he makes his way to Mabel and let's her know that the professor went *poof* and that she should lock up. He then makes his way back to the others.

OOC: I didn't really understand that stuff about independent study credit. Do I ignore that or would I actually get some benefit from that?

Remove ads