Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Side Action Thread A [3.5E D&D] [IC 01]

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

OOC: So which night is the 2nd night of the Festival? Has it passed in the main thread or not?

Leif

Adventurer
It was your idea, so I guess you'd better figure out when the second night is! :) No, in the main thread we're still moving up to the festival. Kinda the Warm-Up Binges before the real thing.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Librarian Richard Whitewash greets Tau as he enters the library, "Ahh, Young Arcanist Dusksprocket! May I assist you in any way?"
"Yes, hello Richard. I would like to look into some Abjuration spells today. Arcane. I want to help someone and would like to place an alarm somewhere to try and catch a thief. Could you please point me in the right direction?"

Leif

Adventurer
Professor Richard Whitewash

The Librarian, Professor Whitewash, says, "Well, as you well know, young Dusksprocket, all spells that we have here are of the arcane variety. Hmmm, abjurations.....," and he leads the way amongst the musty stacks.

OOC: Are you looking to find a spell formula, a scroll, or what? You'll not find any magical scrolls here. If you're just looking to find an Alarm spell then that will be easy enough to accomplish with a few hours' research. If you seek something more esoteric, then I'll need more information, please. If you're looking to create a new spell, then that will get a bit more involved, too, and you'll need to consult with a different Professor and move to one of the laboratory facilities of the LCA.

OOC: Good call with the thread shift! ;)

KerlanRayne

Explorer
The Librarian, Professor Whitewash, says, "Well, as you well know, young Dusksprocket, all spells that we have here are of the arcane variety. Hmmm, abjurations.....," and he leads the way amongst the musty stacks.
"Of course, of course. Richard Weatherstaff manages the religious archives, I merely confused the two if you. I apologize." The two of them stroll along through the shelves discussing magic.
OOC: Are you looking to find a spell formula, a scroll, or what? You'll not find any magical scrolls here. If you're just looking to find an Alarm spell then that will be easy enough to accomplish with a few hours' research. If you seek something more esoteric, then I'll need more information, please. If you're looking to create a new spell, then that will get a bit more involved, too, and you'll need to consult with a different Professor and move to one of the laboratory facilities of the LCA.

OOC: Good call with the thread shift! ;)
OOC: I just wanted to copy the Alarm spell into his spellbook. I might possibly copy Greater Alarm from the SpC as well. Just to make sure he's prepared.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: You can do this, but you do know that there is a fee for this, don't you?

R. Whitewash kinda likes you, so he'll let you skate by with a fee of 25gp per spell, THIS TIME ONLY. (It's usually 15gp per spell level.) And yes, the Spell Compendium is an accepted source, so Greater Alarm is available, too.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Thank you for your assistance Richard. It was nice seeing you again. Now if you will pardon me, I have some scribing to do." Tau then finds a quiet place in the archives set aside for study and begins scribing the two spells into his spellbook.

OOC: 50 gp spent. Should I wait until the next day or should I go back to the others right now?

Leif

Adventurer
Before you start, you remember that you ought to at least send word back to your friends to let them know what you're doing, and for, say 6cp you can hire a messenger who will take your news to the Polished Staff, and then bring you any return message that he is given. It might have been wise to agree upon a next meeting before you came to the LCA.....

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: Sure, sounds fine. Send the messenger. If they are still there, Tau will return to the Polished Staff and join them. I didn't think they would be there that long.

Leif

Adventurer
You're probably right. Guess you'd better just keep your money and plan to catch up with the group in the morning?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases