Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance

Do we have an actual, concrete release date for the first adventure in this series? Pretty, pretty please? All I've heard for the last 4 months is "October or November". We've run out of one of those, and the other is fast approaching. The Star Wars official website is of little help, sadly. I hope someone has more information to share.

-TRRW

possum

First Post
Gundark said:
I've heard that Lucas film takes forever in approving this stuff...That's probably the hold up.

With the fact that everything counts pretty much equally in the Saga, I can't say that I really blame them. Add to that the fact that the game's set in the Dark Times... It's bound to be delayed.

Still, I am anxiously waiting for the release of the first module.

Nebulous

Legend
I check the site every damn day for an update. Agreed, it is very annoying. I really want to start prepping this campaign. I already got the minis and stuff lined up.

Nebulous said:
I check the site every damn day for an update. Agreed, it is very annoying. I really want to start prepping this campaign. I already got the minis and stuff lined up.
Well tomorrow's the deadline for "released in November." The updates on Tuesday of last week (due to Thanksgiving holiday) and SotG this Monday were flukes, as the Star Wars site is usually updated on Thursdays.

I agree with the notion of getting anxious for DoD to be released. But given how slow the process can be for any licensed product, especially if the license owner has an active interest and a certain set of standards, if it got held up by LucasArts, then it may be more along the lines of "December or January?"

I do feel bad for Rodney, as he's done his level best for the product line in the short time he's been in charge of it, especially given the slew of stuff coming out next year, with only one month between now and June not having any kind of Star Wars RPG product being released. If it is a LucasArts hold-up, then it may also be that Rodney, per his employment contract, can't speak up as to the source of the delay. There's a couple threads over on the WotC SW forums under the Dawn of Defiance category about the matter if anyone cares to check it out.

Edit: Just in case some wiseacre pops in and says "it's Thursday and no DoD!", WotC updates the SW site between noon and 5pm Pacific Time.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
Yeah, i saw that this morning, already have it printed out and reading it now. Way to go Wizards! Sneaking it in under that non-committal deadline :)

Klaus

First Post
I did a quick read-through, and the adventure is pretty easily converted for the Star Wars: Legacy era (130 ABY).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases