More about H2 (and mentions H3: Pyramid of Shadows)

Reaper Steve

Explorer
From the amazon blurb about H2: Thunderspire Labyrinth:

A 4th Edition D&D® adventure for characters of levels 4-6

Beneath Thunderspire Mountain lies a sprawling network of mazes, tombs, and caverns collectively known as the Labyrinth of Lost Souls. In recent years, this vast labyrinth has become a living dungeon where trade between the surface and subterranean worlds is possible. However, beyond the well-lit halls where prospectors, merchants, and traders convene lies a darker world where adventurers battle monsters and fiendish beings perform secret rituals for their dark masters. . .

H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth is a D&D adventure designed for heroic-tier characters of levels 4-6.

This product includes an adventure booklet for the Dungeon Master, a player's booklet containing new character options and campaign information, player handouts, and a full-color poster map, all contained in a handy folder.

H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth is the second adventure in a three-part series that began with H1 Keep on the Shadowfell and concludes with H3 Pyramid of Shadows. It can also be played as a stand-alone adventure.

1) I love that it will be a folder product like The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde
2) new character options!
3) only one poster map? :( I love them and am stoked that H1 gets 3...too bad they aren't making as many with this one.
4) I thought someone stated that this was about a ruined minotaur city, but that doesn't appear to be the case from this blurb. Most likely my mistake.
5) H3: Pyramid of Shadows concludes the trilogy. I'll make the assumption now that there will be a trilogy of published adventures per tier...nine products to get you from 1-30.

Last edited:

Irda Ranger

First Post
Amazon said:
A 4th Edition D&D® adventure for characters of levels 4-6
Interesting that it does not say how many characters of levels 4-6. Does it assume five? Or is it so easy to adjust encounter difficulty they think it's a moot point?

Reaper Steve said:
2) new character options!
<yoda>
Begun, the splat war has.
</yoda>

Rechan

Adventurer
I did like the "Labyrinth of Lost Souls" better.

Although, I like the fact that the adventure's "starting point" appears to be a trade point between surface and underdark. That's intriguing.

Stogoe

First Post
I'm intrigued by the 'character options' in this product (I loves me the splats). It may even tempt me to actually buy a published adventure for the first time.

Cyronax

Explorer
<yoda>
Begun, the splat war has.
</yoda>[/QUOTE]

Maybe the new character options include a prestige class called 'dragonborn hunter.'

C.I.D.

Klaus

First Post
In recent years, this vast labyrinth has become a living dungeon where trade between the surface and subterranean worlds is possible. However, beyond the well-lit halls where prospectors, merchants, and traders convene lies a darker world where adventurers battle monsters and fiendish beings perform secret rituals for their dark masters. . .

Hey, ma, look! It's Ptolus!

Frostmarrow

First Post
I'm flabbergasted that they keep on targeting adventure modules to certain levels. There are 30 levels in the game and they release modules that target 10% of the audience - even before flavor concerns and other market dividers. It's astonishingly stupid, if you ask me. They had the chance to keep adventure modules heroic, paragon, or epic but instead they design stuff that makes the customer having to deal with both the tiers and the levels. I don't get it. Do you?

It's like releasing a great american novel that can only be read by those who currently use a blue or blue-ish bookmark.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Blah blah blah, Underdark, fiends, trading with overworlders...

Seriously, can WotC come up with some new ideas instead of rehashing the same plots from a handful of other modules that have already been written?!

Oh, and bring on the SPLAT! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases