Betrayals in Menzoberranzan…

Arravis

First Post
Betrayals in Menzoberranzan…

Ok guys, I need a fresh perspective on a plotline.

Here’s the setup: My players are interested in running a short-term drow noble campaign in Menzoberranzan. I have four players, two female clerics, a male wizard, and the last is a kobold servant (assassin). Before you snicker, of the four players, three are actually female :p. Anyway, to sit the proper atmosphere I’m running each player through a little solo game before the campaign starts. I want these pre-games to center around their personal betrayal of their elder sister (she’s not the eldest though). Each player, in his or her own way, should betray her. By the end of them, I want each player to believe that their betrayal of her led to her downfall. I don’t necessarily want them to realize that the other players betrayed her as well, or that the matron mother orchestrated the whole thing. The why of it is not as important, but I’m running with the split between House interest and Church interest discussed in the new Drow of Underdark book. The elder sister has been spying on the house for the church, something not acceptable to the house matron.

Anyway, I have two of the plotlines for the mini games already, including the concluding one.

• One of the female clerics will be in charge of assisting the elder sister in an upcoming ritual, so that the elder and the house can gain Lolth’s favor. Certain ingredients and gems are needed to ensure that Lolth is pleased. The player will have the opportunity to keep the items for herself, so that she will be the one gaining the blessing and favor at the conclusion of the ritual. This will likely be done by giving the elder sister false or counterfeit items.

• The kobold rogue and assassin in-training is given her first job. She is to kill a seemingly wealthy bugbear that is seen from time to time in one of the rougher areas of the city. After some searching, the bugbear is finally spotted as it joins four other bugbears that are busy drinking and carousing. The gathering descends into an orgy, giving the kobold several opportunities to kill her target. Once the bugbear is dead, it transform back into its original form… that of the drow elder sister. The real task at hand is not the assassination of course, but making sure that none may Speak with Dead on the noble priestess.

Anyway, what I need is the plots/betrayals for the other female cleric and the male wizard. There’s a lot more info I can give on the family, plotlines, etc… but I don’t want to bore you guys. Well, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases