S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

Manzanita

First Post
Here continues the tale of Torvin Arkenthrasher and the Scythe of Seto.

Our intrepid band, consistingt of Father Eusebius, Banion, Beamer, Ogrin & Rasereit, have obtained what seems to be an evil artifact, the Scythe of Seto. Together with Banion's distant cousin Poto Knezer, they have decided to seek the item's destruction. They begin in the town of Braeholl in northern Vastermarch.

[sblock] am I tracking treasure? Banion put up .45 gps for a riddle.[/sblock]

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
Follow up from S2... said:
"Well, maybe we could question Torvin Arkenthrasher again before we decide our course of action. But I feel much better today than I did yesterday. I couldn't have imagined yesterday actually being in possesion of this vile weapon and such noble company. Let's retire for the night and make a decision in the morning. Please, I insist you come sleep at my shop. I've got some cots which will be more comfortable than those piles of straw." says Poto.

Ogrin wonders how someone could feel better about having found a vile weapon but refrains from commenting on just that. "Thank you master Poto, you are much too gen'rous. We wouldn't want to intrude too much on your hospitality, see, so stayin' at the Inn is fine, methink. We'll meet at yer house on tomorrows morning, aye?"

Later, when they can't be overheard, Ogrin says to Razh in a hushed voice:
"Not sure I trust this Poto fella. Supposedly he's a relative of Banions, but from what I've heard he seems kind of a scoundrel. What if he's in with this Seto lot? Don't ya think it's kinda convenient that he's been lookin' for the same weapon that Tharok has, at the same time? They may be working for the same employer..."

OOC: Ogrin will attempt to find out more of Poto later that evening - With a whopping +0 on Gather Information.

Boddynock

First Post
rln (in S2) said:
To Eusebius, Ogrin replies"Yeah, 'Love conquers all', ay? I seriously doubt that, Brother E. Love does funny things to ya. It don't make ya right... in yer head." Ogrin stares down at his half empty glass of ale. "Trust me... I know."
"Ah, but you're speaking of the madness of romance, my friend. I had in mind the more ... rigorous ... passion of those who look on the face of the god."

"Still, finding such a one would be a major challenge. I wonder? ..."

[sblock=OOC]The Scythe of Seto; Knowledge (Religion) - is there a saint when you need one? (1d20+7=17)[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]Knowledge check for info about Jareth: 19

Regarding Rasereit's character sheet: Since his character history is so long, the forum doesn't let me update his sheet the way I want to. (It's a known bug, but it's been around for a while and I don't know when they're gonna fix it.) I keep a local copy on my computer, that's up to date. I can update Rasereit's online sheet with all the mechanical stuff (and cut out all the fluff, to make it shorter), if you like, or I can send you a copy of the complete sheet by email.[/sblock]

When Ogrin asks for potion buyers, Rasereit pipes up fast. "Aye, Ah usually end up needin' these more'n most. Ah'd 'ave bought one from the shop myself anyway, so saves me a trip." Rasereit gives 30 platinum dragons to Ogrin. He also takes the other cure light wounds potion from the pile. "If nobody wants this...? Alrigh', mine!"

Rasereit sits back as Poto tells the tale of Seto. "Creepy bloke, eh?"

He does recall some information about Jareth.

When Ogrin whispers in his ear, he replies, in a similarly hushed voice:[sblock=Whisper to Ogrin: ]"Aye, 'twould be worth a pretty penny. But Ah dunnae, Ogrin. Sounds a bit like a load o' crock t'me."[/sblock]"Eh, about this god-furnace-thinger... Ah never heard o' such a thing. Ye'd think such a thing, a physical manifestation of the gods' power, if ye will... ye'd think it'd be well known, neh? Big tourist attraction an' all that?"

Rasereit pauses a moment and then continues, "Ah mean, what are our options, 'ere? Choice A: Find a right straight holy man, 'olier than Father Eusebius 'ere, an' pray that he can wish the thing away. Choice B: Travel, on foot, through a forest larger than me third mother's belly, t'a mystical god-furnace that may or may not exist, located in an as yet unspecified grove in said large forest, an' hope that thing is unprotected and jus' waitin' for people t'come by an' toss weapons into. Choice C: Go dragon huntin', an' likely get our rumps roasted. Or choice C: Go to a nearby port, take a nice, short cruise to a known volcanic island, and chuck the cursed thing in." Rasereit waits for all that to sink in. "Ah use 'nice' in the loosest sense, by the way," he adds as an aside to Ogrin.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, I seem to have lost track of the sequence of events. Are we retiring for the evening, or are we still discussing plans for the disposal?

Boddynock

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Now Father Eusebius. You are at the heart of this quest. You are on a personal mission from your god, are you not? Have you any recourse to help us determine the best way to destroy this weapon? Can you not ask your god? Have you not run into anything in the course of your travels that could aid us in this conundrum. I would very much prefer to get it right the first time & not wander about the lands in search of perfect agent of destruction. I fear the longer we hold this item, the greater our danger."
"You're right, good sir, I may indeed ask the blessed Hyrag for guidance in this matter. It is not a prayer I have made before, so I will need to spend time in meditation to prepare. In the morning, perhaps the god can shed some light on our choices."

[sblock=OOC]He can prepare two 2nd level spells per day, so it might take a couple of days to cover all the choices using Augury. Also, first time I've used this spell, so any helpful hints?[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: I'm not sure how useful Augury will be, considering it can only see 30 minutes into the future...
OOC: Ah, yep, see ... that's the sort of help I was hoping for. :eek:

In that case, Eusebius has nothing helpful on his spell list.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases