Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Rystil Arden

First Post
Heckler said:
"Well, if that's all settled now," Babette says referring to Hasin and Michael, "we should all make sure we're ready to go. Personally, there's a few things I want to pick up before we go, I'm off to the market," she adds, heading for the door.

ooc: Note sure if I need to document (or have approved) the specifics, but Babette wants to stock up on some potions & scrolls.
(OOC: If you want to buy it in Orussus, you must document it, but it does not need to be approved, no. Much as it strikes fear in my heart for what is destined to some day happen, you should probably buy everything through Rinaldo. I think he charges you 95% price instead of 100%, on anything you want within the city's purchase limit)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC:mad:Michael travel info--almost entirely complete, and everything stated by ajanders is correct. Don't forget that you get one free hour of Hustling per day without penalty, so using that will mean one less hour of forced march, which is always a good thing. Also, if you're planning on going by mounts, forced march is a bit sketchy because mounts automatically fail their Con check and take lethal damage, which means that they can only really be force marched two hours a day at full speed, the third hour they'll be exhausted and they'll collapse unconscious at the end of it from fatigue even if they survive the lethal damage

Ironically, this is how my characters without horses can sometimes keep up with encumbered horses, since a PC can do a lot better forced marching if she makes her Con checks)

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: If you want to buy it in Orussus, you must document it, but it does not need to be approved, no. Much as it strikes fear in my heart for what is destined to some day happen, you should probably buy everything through Rinaldo. I think he charges you 95% price instead of 100%, on anything you want within the city's purchase limit)
ooc: Seems kind of meta-gamey to me. Besides, Babs doesn't know Rinaldo well enough to ask a favor like that (and it seems like he'll be kind of busy himself).

Babette will purchase:
[sblock]
1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds 300

Scrolls
2 Comprehend Languages 50
2 Detect Secret Doors 50
2 Disguise Self 50
1 Identify 125
1 Resist Energy 150
1 Glitterdust 150
2 Invisibility 300
2 Knock 300
1 Locate Object 150
1 See Invisibility 150
1 Alter Self 150

Total 1925[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC:mad:Michael travel info--almost entirely complete, and everything stated by ajanders is correct. Don't forget that you get one free hour of Hustling per day without penalty, so using that will mean one less hour of forced march, which is always a good thing. Also, if you're planning on going by mounts, forced march is a bit sketchy because mounts automatically fail their Con check and take lethal damage, which means that they can only really be force marched two hours a day at full speed, the third hour they'll be exhausted and they'll collapse unconscious at the end of it from fatigue even if they survive the lethal damage

Ironically, this is how my characters without horses can sometimes keep up with encumbered horses, since a PC can do a lot better forced marching if she makes her Con checks)

With those rules I count myself lucky to be half right.
One hour of hustling gets us to 27 naturally, so the forced marching just builds up a cushion or can be used to make up ground. That helps.
Michael is also expecting to use cure spells to remove the damage caused by marching. I see now in the rules that if the non-lethal damage is removed, the fatigue goes away. The lethal is not explicitly called out, which gives me the sad feeling that if the lethal damage was removed, it may not take away the fatigue. :( It would be nice to find out this logic was not correct.

We'll still need the cushion. Keep your lucky dice handy.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It looks like it doesn't go away by strict RAW even if the lethal version is removed. Having it go away is also a reasonable interpretation though. You're right that these rules are always very complicated. If you bring Gur, isn't he a level 4+ Ranger? That means he has the special LEW Ranger spell that lets you Hustle all day long)

Azmodaen

First Post
Ashmodai - Maenad Lvl 1 Wilder

Looks towards Rinaldo as he speaks about the planned trip, then nods. "Rinaldo if you would have me I'd like to travel with you."

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Hulgyr will go by foot, wearing his chainshirt instead of his fullplate. He also buys 20 rations or 10 gp.

By the way, Hulgyr can still carry about 148 lbs before going into medium load. He can hustle and carry anybody who isn't too heavy and can't keep up.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Tor, with his one level of Sorceror can cast mount several times per day with a duration of only two hours each. However, by over exerting the summoned horses tremendously and using them like tissue paper he should be able to make pretty good time.

Ironwolf will use the transportation provided by the mages, having nothing to contribute in that regard.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dungannon said:
ooc: Lucien has a mount, so he can travel with the regulars. Devlin, on the other hand, will need help as all he has is a donkey.
(OOC: Actually, I think this is confusing a lot of people--you don't need a mount to travel with the main group. It will be provided. In fact, you can't bring your mount with you unless you can keep it going at 60 speed after encumbrance, and then you'll get there later than Rinaldo's group and you'll be going by yourself)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases