Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
Vanitri claps his hands, and several freefolk dancers and musicians flood the room from several entrances, as well as from other hidden places. They begin a lively dance to a fast but festive beat. The 'folk slowly pull in others into the dance, and Vanitri drags Lex into the dance as he joins as well. Soon, there are few who are not dancing, with either a 'folk, or perhaps another party goer. The resulting dance is far from smooth, but it is simple and lively. Even the children have joined in.

Valan pulls Opale into the mix, revealing some moderate skill at dance. He spins her around and follows in a like manner. Smiling, he keep the going slow till he can check her comfort levels.

Erekose13

Explorer
Xael said:
[SBLOCK=Trading]That's 15 total spells levels from Almayce (8 1st, 2 2nd and 1 3rd level spells).

Almayce is interested in trading the spells above and money to these or some of these (Priorities listed first, Almayce is willing to pay):

Mnemonic Enhancer (4th)
Sepia Snake Sigil (3rd)
Nondetection (3rd)
Illusory Script (3rd)
Arcane Lock (2nd)
Continual Flame (2nd)
Phantom Trap (2nd)
Magic Mouth (2nd)
As many 4th and 3rd level spells Almayce can afford

Almayce knows all the first level spells, so those will have to be exhanged to higher level ones. Just decide which of the above spells Almayce can trade for, which ones he has to buy and at what rate (Almayce has 640 gp to spend), and I'll spend the rest of his money and list more spells. ;) [/SBLOCK]

[sblock=trades]Okay I was going to do 5gp*spelllevel*casterlevel (50% off NPC cost). You've got 21 spell levels up there, so we'll give you everything but Mnemonic Enhancer for the 15 T gets from you. Then you can stock up on spells from there (including Mnemonic Enhancer.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=Trading]If Almayce want some spell from Opale, we can look too.

1. Let Tenebrynn take teh spell he wish from her spellbook.
2. Sell her spellbook for 2650 gp
3. She will create her Blessed Book
- 2650 gp from the profits of her spellbook.
- 1500 gp from her pockets
- 2100 gp from 6 DM credits
- 500 XP
- 1250 Craft Points
- Secret Pages will be cast by Tenebrynn
4. She will write down all the spell she has got memorized. For the spell she can't memorized, she will take it back from Tenebrynn spell book.
5. She will add:
1st: Mount, Shield
2nd: Pyrotechnique, Web
3rd: Fly, Protection From Energy, Secret Pages
4th: Dimension Door, Scrying

If Tenebrynn have XP, Craft Points or Gold to spend in this process, She will pay back those expenses.

If there is a problem, tell it. If all seems good, I'll make the change to my sheet.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Trades]Tenebrynn would love to make a little cash actually. He's kinda broke. He's got upto 250XP @ 7.5gp per and upto 1250CP @ 1gp per.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The party continues for some time, and truly, all who have partaken will remember the revelry and merrymaking for years to come.*

*Much later, the door swings open quickly to admit an elegant half-elven woman, perhaps in her fifties, which means she looks in her mid to late twenties if she were a human. She is in a hurry, though her pale blue hair is still carefully set, and her deeper blue eyes are focused and determined. She wears an intricately woven stylish royal blue cloak with several arcane sigils emblazoned on the back, and decorated along the fringe with arcane runes in an iridescent golden yellow-green. There is a complex pattern along the top that seems to sparkle and move as the light touches it at different angles.*

*She strides purposefully towards Tenebrynn.*

[SBLOCK=You are Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Rinaldo, or Vanitri]This is, quite obviously, Rayne Liore.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Knowledge: Arcana DC 15]Those sigils on the back are related to the Academy of the Chromatic Order. Specifically, one of them is the Academy's arcane mark.

[SBLOCK=Know: Arc DC 20]One of the other two sigils is that of Elayna Daryne, the namesake of one of the four houses of the Academy.

[SBLOCK=Know: Arc DC 30]The third sigil is the Arcane Mark of Rayne Liore, a famous Evoker and Daryne Housemistress. The top glowing symbols signify that status.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

"Tenebrynn, it is well that you are here, and that you have brought together so many of your adventurer friends. The world is in grave danger. If something is not done soon, we could all perish or become slaves, thralls to a dark shadow from the past. We must gather the bravest and noblest men and women from across the lands. I ask you to find all that you can. We will meet in two week's time at the Academy Council Chamber. If any is not willing to put their life--nay their very soul--on the line, there is no need for them to join us. I know Vanitri and the others cannot be far either, so please ask them to help in the gathering. And let's try to be somewhat discreet--there is no need to cause a mass panic...at least not yet. I will be waiting in Medibaria. There is much I must due to prepare for this Council, so I am afraid I cannot say," she gives a wan smile, "I am sorry if I have spoiled your party. I hope you can enjoy the rest of it still. Tonight you should all enjoy the pleasures of wine, song, and good company...tomorrow will bring uncertainty and darkness."

*And with that, she turns about and heads back out and into the darkness.*

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace takes three steps forward and stands behind Tenebrynn. Well, I wanted to help people; It seems I have an oppurtunity to help many. Whatever the danger, whatever my role, I volunteer my help, such as it is, Even if I only hold the lantern for the real heroes. Jace chuckles a little and finally takes a wine glass and begins to sip from it.

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"[...] We must gather the bravest and noblest men and women from across the lands. [...]. If any is not willing to put their life--nay their very soul--on the line, there is no need for them to join us. "

"Damn, that means I'll have to stay" says Nodis. "I wonder if she'd settle just with 'skillful' or 'not willing to miss the fun'"

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan, human bard in denial about being an adventurer

Knowledge(arcana): 21

Nurlan's merry disposition suddenly turns grave. "Tenebrynn, that was quite mysterious. Whatever in the Nine Outer Realms was that about? I gather you know that Daryne woman. Have you any idea what she was talking about?"

Meanwhile, he is thinking to himself. The world is in grave danger. If what she says is true, we must act... what was that she said about life and soul? Any not willing to put it on the line shouldn't join. Not another adventure like the last one... But if we're all going to be killed or enslaved, then anyone in a position has to act. I must join them... Watch it, now! I'm better at singing about great heroics than performing them... But exceptional times demand exceptional acts. Which aspect of his conscience was going to win this argument?

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
Knowledge(arcana): 21

Nurlan's merry disposition suddenly turns grave. "Tenebrynn, that was quite mysterious. Whatever in the Nine Outer Realms was that about? I gather you know that Daryne woman. Have you any idea what she was talking about?"

Meanwhile, he is thinking to himself. The world is in grave danger. If what she says is true, we must act... what was that she said about life and soul? Any not willing to put it on the line shouldn't join. Not another adventure like the last one... But if we're all going to be killed or enslaved, then anyone in a position has to act. I must join them... Watch it, now! I'm better at singing about great heroics than performing them... But exceptional times demand exceptional acts. Which aspect of his conscience was going to win this argument?
(OOC: I knew I forgot something--a Bardic Knowledge check result!)

[SBLOCK=Bardic Knowledge DC 15]Most people in positions of power at the Academy are human. Thus, assuming this woman is of reasonable status since she thinks she can call a council, there can't be many half-elves that match that description.

[SBLOCK=BK DC 20]The only name that comes to mind for a half-elf is Rayne Liore, who's the head of one of the four houses at the Academy.

[SBLOCK=BK DC 25]Rayne Liore is rumoured to have been chosen for her position specifically by the former Daryne Housemistress. She is said to be an Evoker of incredible skill with a kind demeanour, particularly with students, though a fiery wrath when incensed. Rumour has it that she may become the Academy's next Magus to reach Archmage status, making her the first nonhuman to do so in some time.

[SBLOCK=BK DC 30]Somehow, you've managed to pick up some rather obscure rumours about Rayne Liore (and hey, you're probably level 5+ in Bard and very lucky to boot if you're reading this, so you just do stuff like that). Some say that Rayne Liore's attitude and almost doting-older-sister-like demeanour towards students and younger adventurers stems from the untimely death of her younger brother. The event occurred many years ago, and not even you know the details.

Also, supposedly Rayne Liore had some sort of tense friendship or at least understanding with the powerful missing prodigy-turned-Archmage Elayna Valsice.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

B4cchus

Explorer
Hearing thr words of danger and the need of heroics, to stand up against an imminent thread to the freedom of many, perhaps even everybody, Hulgyr feels an uncontrollable urge to step forward. He does not fight it, but accepts it and indeed, literally, steps forward. He unsheets his greatsword and, while holding it in the air, he yells with a loud voice "Hulgyr will get em! No slaver will rule us! Les go to Madibaria!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases