Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
If Nodis helps with Astral Servants, together it is probably enough, though)

Have in mind that Astral servant was nerfed before it was approved by reducing the duration to 10 minutes/level, though you can augment it. That means that, right now, a 8 hour duration Servant costs me 6 power points, using Extend. Too much for too many people.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: Using Mnemonic Enhancer and filling level 2 and 3 spell slots with mount, here the number of Mount we can cast at level 4 or higher:
Opale: 16
Ashnar: 24
Tenebrynn: 23
Elektra: 20
Almayce: 8

That's make 45 person travelling, and with the troop we will be, I doubt we will have difficulty on any hostile encounter. Anyway, the wizard will still have there speciality spells as they cannot fill it with mount.
(Some of us also have regular horses, which we can lend to some of those not getting mounts, if they don't mind trailing behind a few days. Otherwise, we'd have to leave behind the horses anyway.
Hope no one considers us an invading army. :p)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Some of us also have regular horses, which we can lend to some of those not getting mounts, if they don't mind trailing behind a few days. Otherwise, we'd have to leave behind the horses anyway.
Hope no one considers us an invading army. :p)
Regular horses will probably be encumbered for almost all possible riders, which puts them behind by enough to miss the Council. Fortunately, I completely forgot about Mnemonic Enhancer when doing my calculations. That should work.

ajanders

Explorer
(OOC: What about the cross-country route? Michael's still technically considered a bandit for his misadventures around Duvik's Pass, as is everyone else involved in Ashin's Comission.

Mind you, that garrison and any messengers they sent probably got eaten by Afflicted, but traditional adventurer's luck would bring us right back in front of the lieutenant on his most grudge-bearing day.

Does the cross-country route allow people to stay clear of Fallon?)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: A Coach Cab is listed as 3cp/mile in the SRD. At 550 miles, that's 16gp, 5sp per person. However, the transportation goes away at the end of the trip.

A cart is 15gp and a light horse is 75gp for a total of 90gp. Since it's a "dragging" situation, the horse can carry 550 lbs of people and cargo in a single cart without encumbrance. For two people, that's 45gp each, and the transportation sticks around--it's not combat ready, though.

Oh, and Quozen with all his gear is only 113.5 lbs, plus a pound per day of food.

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
(OOC: What about the cross-country route? Michael's still technically considered a bandit for his misadventures around Duvik's Pass, as is everyone else involved in Ashin's Comission.

Mind you, that garrison and any messengers they sent probably got eaten by Afflicted, but traditional adventurer's luck would bring us right back in front of the lieutenant on his most grudge-bearing day.

Does the cross-country route allow people to stay clear of Fallon?)
(OOC: The cross-country route steers well clear of Fallon. In fact, considering that the Phantom Steed spell creates a Mount that ignores terrain penalties at CL 8, that makes the journey even faster than I thought for a Phantom Steed based crew.

For anyone else, the difficulty lies in terrain penalties. If you have someone with Survival to help you blaze a trail and negate some of them, you'll make it there before the people who take the roads. Otherwise after. And encounter rate is ostensibly higher, though the GM may choose to waive random encounters for the moment (or not if we still have to wair for LLtQ to finish :())

Rystil Arden

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
OOC: A Coach Cab is listed as 3cp/mile in the SRD. At 550 miles, that's 16gp, 5sp per person. However, the transportation goes away at the end of the trip.

A cart is 15gp and a light horse is 75gp for a total of 90gp. Since it's a "dragging" situation, the horse can carry 550 lbs of people and cargo in a single cart without encumbrance. For two people, that's 45gp each, and the transportation sticks around--it's not combat ready, though.

Oh, and Quozen with all his gear is only 113.5 lbs, plus a pound per day of food.
Hmmm, cart speed is probably too slow. Coach cab too. The issue is that horse-drawn conveyances can only go 8 hours a day, so they need to be moving at 60 move speed to make it on time.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
Hmmm, cart speed is probably too slow. Coach cab too. The issue is that horse-drawn conveyances can only go 8 hours a day, so they need to be moving at 60 move speed to make it on time.

That's why I suggest light-encumbered light horses. They can do that.

Velmont

First Post
After speaking some times with Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Elektra, Opale and Almayce, Rinaldo come back to the group.

"Ok, we are leaving the day after tomorrow, that will leave us 12 days to reach the Chromatic Order. Our spellcasters will use spells to summon horses for everyone. Don't bother to take yours, as they will need to rest and we won't have time to do so. The wizards will supply you with an horse at the first light in the morning and a second fresh horse in the afternoon. We will be travelling fifteen continuous hours a day, leaving just time for our caster to rest and prepare there spells again for the next day of travel. We should arrive in 9 or 10 days, leaving us time to handle any problem we might meet on our trip. Travelling like that, we can travel with a group around fifty person, so I don't think anyone here will be left behind."

OOC: We get to 48 persons with Nodis' Astral Servant, and we can go up to 52 if Opale
learn Mnemonic Enhancer. How many do we have to carry to the council?

Rystil Arden

First Post
That's why I suggest light-encumbered light horses. They can do that.
(OOC: Indeed, that was my very first suggestion. They'll do you in 12 days. Trouble is, most characters will not be able to keep a light horse in light encumbrance. Plus these magic solutions are faster than 12 days anyways)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases