Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Velmont

First Post
"Better not to waste time by splitting. And if we have problem with some authority, I'll talk to them. With Nurlan at my side, I think I'll be able to speak to anyone without much problem."

OOC: Diplomacy +22 with help another (+2) and a role of 1, it's still 25, which is suppose to be a difficult DC. And even if 50 persons seems to be a large group, it still not that much compare to some army. And maybe Fallon would be aproblem, but Rayne should have already warn Medibaria authorities about that council.

Velmont

First Post
Boddynock said:
"Well, looks like a long trip ahead. Anyone care to loan me a horse?"

"No need, we have enough wizards to conjure two mounts per person per day. The will be light warhorses, and even if the are charged, we should reach the Order in ten days. We leave in two and we must be there in 14." answers Rinaldo "If you have an horse, leave it at the RDI, they will slow us down as they will need to rest after 8 hours of ride and we will travel 15 hours per day."

ajanders

Explorer
orsal said:
"I certainly could. Are you not coming along?"
"Not through Fallon: I'll do you more harm than good there. I'll be cutting cross-country -- hopefully straight across country, though if anyone's got a map I can borrow, I'll get it back to them in good condition and be very grateful."

Michael looks wistful.
"It would have been nice to travel with the Freefolk. But they'll have to stick to the roads. So...
Does anybody need money? And parallel to that, does anyone know an armorer who's open late? Cross country travel and breastplates mix poorly."

OOC: Lordy is a light warhorse, and so can travel 60' with up to 230 lb. If someone using the relay-summoned two-horses a day could carry his equipment for him (I'm sure we have some Handy Haversacks or Bags of Holding in the group), Nurlan could ride. Alternatively, he could let a slimmer and less-of-a-packrat rider take his horse and rely on summoned transportation himself.

OOC: It's not exactly the horse, though after 15 hours in the saddle Michael would probably let the world be consumed in darkness if it would unblister his rump. Michael has Fallon issues.

[/QUOTE]

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'll be traveling with Michael in this instance, and Hulgyr I think you and Ironwolf should come too. Michael is right for us to avoid Fallon or we'll only slow down this urgent summons." says Eternity to Hulgyr.

Boddynock

First Post
ajanders said:
And parallel to that, does anyone know an armorer who's open late? Cross country travel and breastplates mix poorly."
OOC: Tarag has just arrived back in town. He can craft any MW armour or weapons - and he can craft many Wondrous Items, too.

Bison

First Post
Droggle starts to sober up as he moves about some, he really donest have much need to get things togeather, all his gear is at his room in the inn neatly packed up and ready to go at a mometns notice .

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Eternity plans to metamorphosis into a fine inanimate object to not weight Michael down and leave Kailie behind. She'll be able to take any gear he needs to carry with her while she metamorphosizes.

Velmont

First Post
"By the way, as we will not stop during the day, we will need trail ration. Take for 10 days, or simply gives me 45 silver and I'll buy it for you. And take adavantage of the meals here, it might be the best you will have in teh next two weeks." adds Rinaldo.

ajanders said:
OOC: Lordy is a light warhorse, and so can travel 60' with up to 230 lb. If someone using the relay-summoned two-horses a day could carry his equipment for him (I'm sure we have some Handy Haversacks or Bags of Holding in the group), Nurlan could ride. Alternatively, he could let a slimmer and less-of-a-packrat rider take his horse and rely on summoned transportation himself.

OOC: If you are using the summoned mount and you are not heavier then 450 lbs with your equipment, there should be no problem. If you are heavier, you can probably gives some equipment to a more light person. Light Horses have a movement of 60 feet, but the 10 days travel is made at an estimate movement rate of 40 feet, which mean the horse can be heavy loaded.

By the way, we will need ration for that travel, for 10 days per person, which mean 5gp per person for the whole trip, as we won't stop to hunt or cook meals.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Wow um. Alright then Rayne, I'll see if we can get anyone to come, not sure though." Tenebrynn says to Rayne before she leaves. Turning to Kiara quickly, he says, "I've had a lot of fun tonight, but unfortunately I need to go now." Meanwhile both Rinaldo and Nurlan have given empassioned speeches to the assembled crowd.

"Apparently that wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. We do not take risking our souls lightly, but as my two fine companions have indicated (though one with far more knowledge than the other) we face dire circumstances ahead and for the fate of the entire world we need your help. It appears like everyone here has already volunteered, though I'd understand if you choose not to. And it appears like you've got transportation under control. I'll devote myself to the task of personally providing magical mounts for as many of you as I can. We'll also need to ensure that food and supplies accompany our travel for I'd not like for any of you to starve to death on the way to this Council."

ooc: sometimes poor Charisma doesn't help much... aid another 1d20=4 throw in some poor wisdom and you've got a very poor public speaker even when he is trying hard.

Erekose13

Explorer
Xael said:
[SBLOCK=Trade]That's 50% off the base cost for casting spells, the base cost for letting somebody copy a spell is 50 gp per spell level I think.

That spellcasting cost is actually more expensive than the copying cost (I you use 50% off the copying cost too, otherwise it's cheaper). For a 4th level spell: 5 * 4 * 8 = 160 gp vs. 4 * 25 = 100 gp.

If you use 50% off the base copying price, Almayce will buy the following 6 spells for 600 gp, and if you use 50% off the casting price, Almayce will buy the first 4 for 640 gp.

Mmemonic Enhancer, Black Tentacles, Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility, Scrying, Wall of Fire.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=trades with Almayce]Sounds good to me. I can never remember what the cost to copy is, thought it was the same as to cast. We'll go with the 600 for the 6 spells.[/sblock]

[sblock=trades with Opale]Not to worry, you had offered so I was good to take you up on it. Don't want you to waste any more resources than necessary.[/sblock]

Remove ads