Dragonlance: Dragons Of The Autumn Twilight now available for Preorder on Amazon!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
[imager]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Frukathka/Dragonlance.jpg[/imager]Dragonlance: Dragons Of The Autumn Twilight (2007)
Starring: Lucy Lawless, Kiefer Sutherland
Director: Will Meugniot

List Price: $19.99
Price: $17.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
You Save: $2.00 (10%)

Availability: This title will be released on January 15, 2008. Pre-order now!

Product Details

Actors: Lucy Lawless, Kiefer Sutherland, Michael Rosenbaum, Fred Tatasciore, Michelle Trachtenberg
Directors: Will Meugniot
Format: AC-3, Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
Region: All Regions
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 1
Rating
Studio: Paramount
DVD Release Date: January 15, 2008
Run Time: 100 minutes
Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
ASIN: B000Y7U996

------------------

I'm really excited about this. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :cool:

Frukathka said:
I'm really excited about this. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :cool:

Thanks for the info, but based on what has been released so far, I am enthusiastically uninterested in seeing this. The voice actors had me hopeful, but the clips of the movie and the animation style just killed it for me. It looks bad.

If people have an overwhelmingly positive reaction, I might give it a look, but for now I'm going to pretend it's not real.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
It's telling that even the cover is unimpressive and somewhat cheezy looking.

If they put out the completed trailer, and it's 100 times better than the badly animated teaser trailer, I'll consider watching it. Maybe I'll get it from Netflix, for a good laugh.

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
I understand some of the disrecepct. Hell, I wasn't too impressed by the trailer either.

But at the same time, people post here gushing about something like Avatar, which is pretty cheesey anime styled and features a bunch of kids with big eyes, giant flying buffalo and has cute little lemur monkeys and all sorts of CRAP which is intended for kids in the single digit age range. You can paint arrows all over critters and people in Avatar, and that's ok.

Draw a cloak a little too flappy in DragonLance, and it's time to call the art police.

ZOMG - Avatar - wooooooh! as it's Anime. But if it's Western style animation, then another series of yardsticks is used to measure the result?

*shrug* I don't get it.

It's the difference between well-animated Eastern style, and poorly animated Western style. Believe me, I've seen bad Eastern animation too, so this isn't a pro-anime bias. Just compared to what is considered the standard of quality in each style, Avatar cuts the mustard. Dragonlance is left with the cheese.

Also, just because the books came out in the 80s doesn't mean you have to keep the same 80s-era costume designs. Maybe if it came out back in the 80s it would be a hit, but it just looks . . . bad.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Looks terrible, just terrible. Even my 11 year old son, who loves these books, has no interest in seeing this after seeing the stuff that is on line. I don't understand how this could have been green lighted with this level/style of animation. Brutal, brutal looking. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems more likely the MN Vikings win the Super Bowl than this movie is good.

davethegame

Explorer
Steel_Wind said:
I understand some of the disrecepct. Hell, I wasn't too impressed by the trailer either.

But at the same time, people post here gushing about something like Avatar, which is pretty cheesey anime styled and features a bunch of kids with big eyes, giant flying buffalo and has cute little lemur monkeys and all sorts of CRAP which is intended for kids in the single digit age range. You can paint arrows all over critters and people in Avatar, and that's ok.

Draw a cloak a little too flappy in DragonLance, and it's time to call the art police.

ZOMG - Avatar - wooooooh! as it's Anime. But if it's Western style animation, then another series of yardsticks is used to measure the result?

*shrug* I don't get it.

Awesome straw man there. Avatar has good character design, fluid animation, and a consistent style. The Dragonlance trailer looked rushed, choppy, and had that really disconcerting obvious 3d-animation mixed with more traditional looking animation that I hate. It has nothing to do with cloaks or target age.

There's good animation and there's bad animation. It doesn't matter what country it comes from.

Like everyone else, if the animation looks better than what it did in the trailer, I'll check it out. But if that was it... I don't know if I'll be able to stand watching it, as much as I love the source material.

takyris

First Post
Steel_Wind is right: this animation compares to Gargoyles, Justice League, and Class of the Titans, all of which are non-anime.

It doesn't compare favorably, mind you. The comparison goes along the lines of, "Wow, this looks worse than any Western animation I've recently seen that wasn't specifically designed on an Aqua Teen Hunger Force budget. I don't even like Class of the Titans, and I can comfortably say that its animation runs rings around that horrific crappy trailer to an embarrassing degree." But it compares.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases