Conspiracy Theories, Good Plots?

Rabelais

First Post
I was making the rounds of my favorite sites, and discovered a link to a YouTube video of a guy that wants to take $2 million of your donations to embark on an expedition to the north pole to look for an entrance to the Inner Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOv02YPVn9I

The video actually has some nice production value. I suppose that even nut cases have mastered video production software.

It got me thinking though... How many other crackpot ideas would make good plots for either a fantasy or modern campaign? If there are others out there, and I bet there are dozens, where are they? I'd love to see some.

Last edited:

Nikroesis

First Post
Among my family we lovingly joke about my father being a conspiricy theorist. He is always talking about what gives you cancer and what does and does not have lead in it, and what the goverment REALLY wants you to think. Though I seriously question the validity of his rantings he is a great inspiration for story writting and plot line.

Maybe the best way to write a conspiricy into a story is to simply know some one who is crazy ?! :)

Merkuri

Explorer
Apparently this guy's not serious. I didn't catch any hints of sarcasm in the video, though. Sounded like they were completely serious in that case. Their website, however, contains this note at the bottom:

The North Pole Inner Earth Expedition (NPIEE) is for entertainment purposes only. We reserve the right to direct investments and donations to any legitimate purpose pursuant to the exploration of the mysteries of the universe and of the Earth.

Merkuri

Explorer
Oh, and D&D did this a long time ago. ;) It was actually the first campaign setting I ever bought (not knowing much about D&D besides it was something I wanted to learn more about, and it was on sale at the toy store).

Hollow World setting

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases