Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 92 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 913
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB

    Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

    I prefer you roll for yourself using Invisible Castle. If for some reason you are unable to do so I can roll for you and when possible I will use Invisible Castle and your character name.

    Please post a link to your character in your first post here. This will help me. If you prefer you may use a link in your signature, either way is fine.

    Please give me as many details as possible to what you want to do, and do not be afraid to remind me of special circumstances if I should miss something.

    Feel free to let me know if I get something wrong also, I will not be offended. I do miss things from time to time.


    As you walk down the wharf you see a ship that is busy with loading supplies. A few more steps and you can make out the name " The Prowling Panther. The ship Phoenix and Lookspring have come to know well over the past month. Master Purdy smiles She is a good ship isn't she. Phoenix, Lookspring could you show Rowan your quarters Im afraid I need to get these people moving a bit faster.
    Last edited by BigB; Wednesday, 2nd January, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    BigB

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,367

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    Phoenix- F Elan Soulknife 4 (AC: 20, HP: 40/40, PP: 6/6)

    Phoenix carries her gear on board and instructs Rowan to follow her on board to the rooms. After stashing her gear, she goes to find Captain Purdy. Knowing how busy he is, she trys to not get in the way but makes sure she can squeeze in a quick minute to talk with him. "Captain, just a moment of your time please. I have concerns over what happened onboard when we were returning to Orussus previously. Myself and Lookspring were stolen from and by default it must have been some of the sailors on board before. Did you find out anything about that in the time we've been here in the city? Understand, I'm not demanding recompensation but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we knew some action had been taken. Otherwise, how are we to know that those same sailors won't try something else on this journey? Or perhaps there is a way we could have locks for our cabins which we alone possess keys for (along with you having a key of course)? I just wanted to bring it to your attention so that these issues can be dealt with before Lookspring decides to deal with them more forcefully. Unless you'd rather have your crew peppered with arrows anytime they try to walk near his cabin door..." Phoenix finishes.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    ° Ignore Manzanita
    Rowan does take his horse, Wolfbane, and all his gear on this trip. He will frequently visit his steed and make sure he is well cared for during the trip.

    Rowan then joins the others in their quarters. He's curious if they will share.

    EDIT: campaign notes
    Spoiler:


    Treasure 13 gold, 73 silver from ogre.

    16 gp, 74 sp, 7 cp from second ogre. Plus a ring taken by Phoenix

    Used 2 charges of his CLW wand after the big fall.
    Used 8 charges after roach battle.(04/22/08) Leaving 40 charges left.
    Used 2 charges on Lookspring minutes later (04/30/08)
    6 chages used 02/05/09
    One on Lookspring (02/24/09)
    One charge on Phoenix (03/04/09)
    one charge on himself (03/09/09) (21 used total)
    Took mithril chain shirt & used 5 charges of wand after grimlock fight (11/4/09)
    Last edited by Manzanita; Wednesday, 4th November, 2009 at 09:50 PM.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #4
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Lookspring arrives at the dock a short while after the others. He comes aboard dragging his large heavy chest behind him. Dropping it on the deck, he wanders over to greet the captain and crew. "Captain, I am back at last and am ready to sail. I hope you've had time to put in some more supplies, and given the lucrative trade route that we will be eating better than the last time we sailed. You should put some fine smoked cheese along with ..." As Lookspring rattles off a list of culinary improvements, you can't help but hear a slight thumping sound coming from the chest behind him. The chest even seems to move a bit. Lookspring blithely continues making suggestions to the captain all the while, oblivious to the curious stares. "... and at least two casks of good beer. We can be affording it now I think. Anything we are not eating we can sell to the savages. I'll leave the rest of the preparations in your hands. I must claim a sleeping place before all the good spots are taken." He goes back over to his chest and begins dragging it down the stairs to his quarters, letting it bump and shake down each step.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB
    Addressing Phoenix' question Captain Purdy has that oh yeah look. I was never able to get the names although a few of the crew disappeared when we reached port. We have replaced them, at an outrageous price I may add. It seems sailors are adverse to sailing into danger. Imagine that. Do you trust those that went with you into the well? I could assign them as guards for yourselves and your belongings as well as place locks on your doors. There are 2 rooms reserved for the adventurers and a cargo space. The sailors make room for Rowan's horse and with a thought to Looksprings comments the Captain sends 2 sailors to purchase better food and then replies to Lookspring...We will dine in my cabin as I am not purchasing enough for the crew.
    BigB

  • #6
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,367

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    "Thank you Captain. I think those that went with us into the well would be excellent choices as guards. Hopefully the few that dissapeared are the same as the thieves and we will be plagued by them no more. If we do notice the same sailors who accosted us on board, we will be sure to let you know. As to the food, I look forward to dining with you, Captain. Thanks for your help." Phoenix finishes while staring at Looksprings trunk while he drags it away. "You know Captain, somehow I would be unsurprised to find that Uggla was in that chest. Not that it seems very likely, but if I had to vote for a person I thought was in there, it would be him." Shaking her head in wonderment, Phoenix resolves to ask Lookspring privately about the contents of the chest. Heading below, she stows her gear and makes ready for the voyage.

    OOC: Phoenix is ready to set sail whenever. I'm assuming that the guys will share one cabin and Phoenix will have the other. Next time I level up I may try to squeeze in a point or two of Profession(Sailor) just to play up the time on ship teaching her some stuff.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    BigB's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    corning ny
    Posts
    1,825

    ° Ignore BigB
    OoC: I am going to continue. If anyone has any craft, train animal, or other time needed task they can do so during the trip provided necessary materials are available.

    The trip is uneventful other than a few bouts of seasickness and a few days of unneasiness when you pass through the area where the fishmen attacked last time. Your meals with the Captain are a highpoint of your days on ship and you are pleased that the Captain seems to have matured some since your first encounter with him. He flawlessly guides the ship to the island and through the maze of coral reef to the beach where you first landed. A small town is being built right off the beach. The Captain has sailors immediately begin offloading cargo.

    It feels good to be on solid ground once again after 3 weeks at sea. Caotain Purdy greets you as you reach the beach. Soon we will build a wharf and the process of ferrying everyone and everything to shore with smaller craft will not be necessary. as he looks at Looksprings wet feet and expression. What are your plans now that you have returned?
    BigB

  • #8
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,298

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Lookspring weathers the trip a fair bit better than the last time as he starts to get his sea legs. He even spends some time above deck amongst the crew, though he still does his best to avoid anything remotely related to real work. The first few days he spends his time spying on the crew, looking for the familiar face of the sailor who attacked him. The reminder of his unfulfilled promise to "sort out" the sailor wiggles in the back of his mind but after a few days of calm travel he gets over it. The sun is shining, the breeze is refreshing, and there is plenty of trouble to get into above deck. He entertains himself by secretly tying knots in the coils of rope or hiding tackle blocks and other tools from the sailors. He watches their frantic activities to undue his mischief with a secret smile.
    His boredom is finally lifted when the island itself comes into view. "At last! Once more we will be honored with feasts and singing and dancing! It is the way true heroes are remembered!" He pushes his way to the front to make sure he is on the first landing craft to head for shore. Oddly enough, he even brings the large chest he first brought on board with him. Once on shore he struggles to drag it up the sandy beach.
    At Captain Purdy's question, he says. "Firstly we're going to be finding these snake men, then we're going to be killing them. After that there will be much celebrating. I think we will be starting with the savages, they have been living around here long enough to have legends of strange snake men no doubt. That will be giving us a clue to where we will be finding them."

  • #9
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    ° Ignore Manzanita
    Rowan is happy to help out on the ship. He's curious how they work. He pitches in. Rowan, when he's in a good mood, is easy going, and easy to get along with. He's strong and a hard worker. He's quite interested in sharing a cabin with Phoenix and giving the talking monkey a cabin of his own.

    He does corner lookspring and ask "What do you have in that trunk?"
    He enjoys getting to know Captain Prudy. "So you're giving us free passage because you're trying to establish a trade route, and these islanders will only have things to trade if we can clear out this underground for them?"Once on the island, Rowan's first goal is to find safe, comfortable boarding for him and Wolfsbane.

    "Aren't these snake people underground? Let's go get them!"
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #10
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,367

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    Phoenix- F Elan Soulknife 4 (AC: 20, HP: 40/40, PP: 6/6)

    Phoenix enjoys the voyage back to the island much more than the first time. Not being attacked by sea creatures probably has something to do with that though. Although she likes Rowan fine she isn't ready to share a room with him when they set sail. She does get to know him better on the journey and likes him more as the journey progresses. Who knows where things might lead in the future.

    Late in the journey, she finds Lookspring alone tying a knot in one of the ropes on deck. "Lookspring, do you mind if I ask what it is you have in that big trunk? I've tried to put it out of my head but the curiosity is killing me. It's not Uggla or that one judge from the courtroom is it?" she asks the katara.

    After arriving at the island, Phoenix is impressed with the progress that has been made. Responding to Captain Purdy, she says, "Like Lookspring said, we'll go back to the villagers and ask them for any information or rumors that may lead us in the right direction. If that doesn't work, we'll think about making a new plan after that."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 92 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)
      By BigB in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 331
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd May, 2010, 02:01 PM
    2. The Sinister Spire
      By GVDammerung in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 17th September, 2007, 07:52 PM
    3. The Sinister Spire
      By John Cooper in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 17th June, 2007, 11:18 PM
    4. Sinister Spire
      By Shadeydm in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Friday, 15th June, 2007, 09:09 PM
    5. The Sinister Spire
      By Sammael in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Thursday, 2nd November, 2006, 03:28 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •