Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
OK, we've been waiting a long time to figure out how you're going to pay this off. If you haven't even got the energy or interest to figure out how to wrap it up, you're definitely not going to play out any more quests. So let me suggest a way to hand-wave the ending, and you can limit your involvement at this stage to posting whether you agree with the plan.

Lookspring, Rowan and Phoenix offer EsSarch the necklace looted from the cave as compensation for leaving a sole survivor. That, together with almost-killing the lot of them, and describing as best you can the one who got away in the hope that future favour-seekers might finish the job for him, is enough to satisfy EsSarch that you've earned your reward. He tells you where and how to find the Yuan-ti.

As you leave, Semabin, Pendrake and Eanos introduce themselves to you. Group 2 convinces Group 1 of their sincerity, and you all join together for the final battle. Unsurprisingly (because, hey, we wouldn't be handwaving a TPK) the heroes are victorious. Those of you who intend to continue playing are free to invent your own stories of valour or of harrowing near-death if you wish. EsSarch's directions also take you back to the surface.

I'll post everyone's updated XP awards in another post as soon as I figure them out, and (assuming everyone agrees to this plan) treasure from the final battle. I assume the remaining treasure from the mad cult will be divided three ways, and the treasure from the final battle six ways? Let me know if there's anything anyone would rather *not* sell. After giving EsSarch the round black amulet and the necklace, you still have: the drow statue, the scroll, the potion, and 250 GP in coin.

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I don't have a say in the the payment, but I'm more than okay with 'group 2 introduces themselves' on, since Eanos has been waiting to do that for a while now. ;) ))

orsal

LEW Judge
Silence means consent, at least when it comes from players who have previously indicated an intention to quit. So, here's the wrapup.

Group 1: Lookspring, Phoenix, Rowan
2650 each for routing a cult.
Treasure (assuming all loot is sold at half-price): 1625 GP, or 542 GP each.
This is in addition to previous XP and treasure awards logged by BigB.

I'll record this (along with your share of the final glory) in the character tracking thread, in case any of you do decide to return to LEW.

Group 2: Eanos, Pendrake, Semabin
Am I correct that Eanos is Level 6, Semabin is Level 5, and Pendrake is Level 4?
Battle against kobolds:
Eanos 1050 XP, Semabin 1217 XP, Pendrake 1300 XP
28.52 GP in coin
Battle against Kuo-Toa:
Eanos 1200 XP, Semabin 1333 XP, Pendrake 1600 XP
Time XP (13.5 months) plus bonus for completion and roleplay:
Eanos 4500 XP, Semabin 3750 XP, Pendrake 3000 XP
Total: Eanos 6750 XP, Semabin 6300 XP, Pendrake 5900
Also, 9.5 GP each for up to now
That’s enough to give you each a level (and I think puts two of you within 1000 XP of the next!) Remember to submit your revised characters to the character judges for approval.

Now, the final battle: No XP awarded for handwaved actions, but after besting the yuan-ti you were able to loot them quite profitably:
One set of exquisitely crafted pan-pipes

One wand
One potion
One well-sculpted trumpet with gem inlay
One scroll
672 GP worth of assorted coins

Eanos, Pendrake and Semabin should figure out what they want to do with these items, and assume that Lookspring, Rowan and Phoenix agree, unless any of the players of those three pop in to offer their 2 CP worth. As long as your final decision is prima facie fair, I'll assume they go along with the collective decision.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: I am not a caster of any type so I think that i would like the potion and a share of the coins.

i just realized that neither of the three of us are spell casters, so we just need to get back to orussus and sell the itmes to disenzio's shop and distribute amoungs us.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Thanks for taking this one over, Orsal. And for sticking with it & wrapping it up. We were lame there by the end. Oh well. I'll probably retire Rowan, but at least he made it to 7th level. Maybe I'll bring him back at some point.

jkason

First Post
OOC: I am not a caster of any type so I think that i would like the potion and a share of the coins.

i just realized that neither of the three of us are spell casters, so we just need to get back to orussus and sell the itmes to disenzio's shop and distribute amoungs us.

((OOC: Well, the trumpet may or may not be magical, and the potion might be of use, but yeah, in general probably a sell & split philosophy works fine with me. :) ))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases