Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
First, my apologies for the delay. I'm likely to be online only intermittently, and more briefly than usual, until Nov 5, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to posting again in the next week. But I haven't abandoned this game.

The HP totals are how many each character has left.

Strewn around you are the bodies of 7 grimlocks, 3 goblins, 3 monstrous spiders, and a drow.

Weapons:
5 battleaxes (1 masterwork)
1 masterwork scythe
1 hand crossbow and a quiver of 10 bolts.
1 quarterstaff
2 small (i.e. goblin-sized) javelins
1 small shortspear
1 small masterwork goblin ranseur
1 small morningstar

Armour:
2 suits of small leather armour
1 suit of small studded leather armour
1 medium mithril chain shirt

Other:
1 set of masterwork smith's tools
2 scrolls
a vial of something or other that the drow who was killed so quickly was carrying.
[sblock=Rowan, Lookspring]
Without being certain what's in the vial, you've heard that drow are notorious for using poison on their weapons, so... you decide whether to draw any conclusions.[/sblock]

XP:
2100 to Rowan and Phoenix
2300 to Lookspring

Phoenix8008

First Post
"No amulet on any of these ones." Phoenix comments. "These aren't the enemies we're looking for, it seems. These ones didn't look infected anyway. I suppose we keep going into the cave then." Phoenix isn't interested in any of the weapons or armor they find.

OOC: Can anybody use the scrolls? Are they magical or mundane? Phoenix already has a set of MW tools, so she doesn't need those. The vial can be kept if the others want to. Phoenix not interested in it.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"They were being guards perhaps, or servants. Our enemy is being below still." Lookspring picks up the drow vial and sniffs it carefully before stoppering it again. "We should hide these items, there is being too much to carry, and recover them when leaving." He retrieves his own bow then cleans his hand axe and returns it to his belt.

OOC: Lookspring would be interested in the poison if Rowan doesn't want it. If he doesn't, he'll dip his remaining arrows in the poison for use later.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan recognizes the value of the mithril, and jams the chain shirt into his backpack.

He then uses his wand to cast one CLW on Looky, and three on himself, curing Lookspring of 9, and himself of 15. He then casts one more on himself, curing another 3. This brings Lookspring to 36 & Rowan to 50.

The rest of the gear Rowan doesn't want. He's ready to move back into the complex.

OOC: I'll add the mithril and the 5 charges to my first post in this thread.

orsal

LEW Judge
The scrolls have some sort of arcane writings on them. You'd need either a Read Magic spell or a spellcraft check to say more.

Lookspring dips his arrows into what he evidently presumes to be some kind of poison. He manages to avoid contact with the unknown substance as he applies it.

Rowan picks up the mithril chain shirt. The rest of the loot you stow in a cave nook.

Proceeding on through the cave, you come to a clearing with large chambers on the left and right. Both chambers have rows of beds and a chest of drawers. The one on the left also has three chairs, a large table, and a statue on top of the chest of drawers.

Manzanita

First Post
"Is there no way forward? Looky, have a look. There may be more loot."

Rowan edges closer to Phoenix and puts his arm around her and sighs.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Using Rowan's arm around her for leverage, she pulls herself in close to him and kisses him thoroughly but quickly before disengaging and moving off to search each of the rooms they've found. Going through drawers and trying to keep an eye out for anything unusual as she checks each room, especially any amulets...

Search checks (1d20+0=17, 1d20+0=12)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases