Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

BigB

First Post
Looking around Lookspring and Rowan see all about them.

Beyond the crater opens up into a wide Underdark vista lit by pale light shining through enormous columns that march into the misted distance. The benighted waters of a sunless sea meet a pebble strewn shore a half-mile or so away. Across the dark water, a city glimmers around the base of the nearest column.
A cobbled road, which emerges from an opening in the dimly glowing cavern wall about a quarter mile to the left, passes within 10' of the crater and continues on to the right. It finally connects to a narrow but elongated stone formation that spans the shadowy sea, reaching more than a mile to the city.
Just across the road from the crater, a strange covered wagon sits. A broad and dusky Dwarf, bald but with a white beard, stands in front of it smiling. He wears a thick leather coat and gloves that have gold piping. Two large gray lizards stand idly nearby.

Manzanita

First Post
A long hiss escapes from Rowan's lips. "Tell my why we're here again..." he murmers. This promises to be quite an adventure. And there is no easy way back. Or there might be...

"Hey, Bruthwol!" Rowan springs out of the crater, and strides over to the dwarven merchant. "Have you got any rope?"

Regardless of the answer, Rowan will enquire further. "Say, who lives in that city yonder?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed sir dwarf, show us what you have for sale." Phoenix asks as she moves forward toward the covered wagon. She tries to look casual, but her eyes keep straying to the strange sights in this new place.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Gawking at the cavernous expanse and the massive city across great underground sea, Lookspring suddenly feels small(er). He looks about, trying to get a feel for what kind of strange lifeforms could live in this deep place. Hearing the others talking to someone on the other side of the crater, he turns around and scurries back to their side. He looks at the dwarf curiously, and suddenly remembers the strange looking dwarves that dammed up the river. He glances at Phoenix to see if she remembers as well.

BigB

First Post
Manzanita said:
A long hiss escapes from Rowan's lips. "Tell my why we're here again..." he murmers. This promises to be quite an adventure. And there is no easy way back. Or there might be...

"Hey, Bruthwol!" Rowan springs out of the crater, and strides over to the dwarven merchant. "Have you got any rope?"

Regardless of the answer, Rowan will enquire further. "Say, who lives in that city yonder?"

You have questions? I will try to answer them. An informed customer is a repeat customer.

Yes, I have rope and much more.

This vault is te Great Grotto. Once a major center of trade, it has been relegaed to a backwater by diease and war. Brgands, ne'er do wells, and refugees from this or that place inhabit the fallen drow city of Pedestal. See it there. Of course even low lifes need trade to sustain them. Thus I make this home.

Phoenix8008 said:
"Indeed sir dwarf, show us what you have for sale." Phoenix asks as she moves forward toward the covered wagon. She tries to look casual, but her eyes keep straying to the strange sights in this new place.

He begins to display his goods as he answers questions. You can see he has cleverly packed at least one of each item from srd that costs less tan 10gp in hs wagon.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Does this look like a normal dwarf, or one of the dark dwarves that can turn invisible and such?

"Excellent." Phoenix muses, looking through his wares. "I'd like to get 150 feet of silk rope, a grappling hook, and a pound of soap. Here's 3 platinum and 2 gold, so I should get 5 silver back I believe." Assuming she can get all that and that the prices are right, she moves a bit away and turns her back to the dwarf so she can load her new items into her bag of holding without him seeing the bag. Returning to the wagon and the dwarf, she asks a few questions. "So, is this body of water filled with nasty creatures? If so, is it safe enough to approach the shore or just where you wouldn't want to go swimming in it? What kind of services might be available in Pedestal? They have an inn? Stores and shops? I almost forgot, did you happen to see anyone else come out of this ...'node?' did you call it... any time recently? If so, did you see which way they went?"

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan eyes Phoenix's purchase. It was just right. He knows they should split the expense, but it seems minor at present. They were somewhere underground. Way underground. And what were they looking for? Or who? Someone was ahead of them. Killers. And was there wealth to be taken? Rowan glanced at his companions. What was next?

"Dear Mr. Coalhauler. Is there another passage out of here other than through Pedestal?"
he asks.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Mentally tallying his inventory, Lookspring checks off a few things he might need. He approaches the dwarf warily to inspect the wares on his cart. Tiring of trail rations, he looks for something edible he can buy along with some wineskins and fresh water. He glances at the giant lizards standing besides the cart. "Are they good for eating?" He asks and points at the reptiles.

BigB

First Post
OOC: The dwarf is a duergar, deep dwarf, whatever - but not a normal dwarf as surface dwellers would be familiar with.

Prices are consistant with SRD. Yes he has the items Phoenix requested and will gladly make a sale.

The water safe"ness" is relative to your capability. There are many creatures dwelling beneath the surface....most hungry. Most services are available in Pedestal that you would find anywhere else. Yes, I did see some activity from the node, but I do not make habit of discussing my clients particulars. Just as I would not discuss your particulars should someone inquire.

The road, is far more dangerous but is another way to travel, and then there is travel by boat and many magical means of conveyance depending on whom you are discussing.

I would not attempt to eat the lizards. As pack animals they would suffice if starving but are not for sale as I need them.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan feels himself relaxing. Here was a reasonably friendly face in a strange place. With no immediate danger, he starts to pick at the encrusted vomit and cockroach carcasses which still cover much of his body. This was a weird place, but interesting. It was better than hearding sheep at his family village, or being bored at that noisy Orussus tavern. He eyes the lake, wondering if it was worth the risk to bathe.

"So let me get this straight. There's only one way to go, here, and that's to Pedestal, either by road or water."

Rowan gives the dwarf a critical gaze. He doesn't seem that tough, and he's still alive. Rowan figures they could survive the road. He pulls the others away.

"Listen. What say we head to Pedestal and get us a room for the night." He pauses, studying Lookspring. "...or maybe two rooms. We can clean up, eat a hot meal, and decide what to do next. I don't know how we're going to squash the Yuan-ti. They could be anywhere. Perhaps we could come back here and stake out the crater. We could watch who uses it and ambush them if it looks feasible."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases