Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
During the 'night': After staying up for awhile, Rowan goes to wake up Phoenix for her middle shift on watch. As he shakes her shoulder to rouse her, he is surprised by her putting her hand over his and holding it there. Her head turns and she looks into his eyes while pulling her bedcovers back to reveal ...everything. Her invitation is silent and if he is willing, Phoenix takes the lead in consumating a new level in their relationship. "I've been too close to death in this place too many times already. I don't wanna die here wishing I had had the guts to fully live life." Phoenix whispers to Rowan before lapsing back into silence while waiting for his response.

Later: After her shift on watch, all spent with an unusual smile on her face. She wakes up Lookspring for his turn before going back to rest for a few more hours. After waking up again, she feels her connection to this place has strengthened enough to attempt transporting everyone. She gets all her gear ready and summons her mindblade in case they appear in a fight wherever they land. "Whenever you boys are ready, we can get this show on the road." she says to the others, with a smile thrown in for Rowan.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
*Crunch* *crunch* *crunch*
Throughout Lookspring's watch the sound of flattened insects fill the air. He paces around their campsite, making a game of seeing how long he can circle the camp by only stepping on live cockroaches. When boredom eventually overshadows the fun of his new game, he takes to flinging the insects at his pet viper to see if it will eat them. He looks at the snake irritably when it stops striking at them by the fourth insect.
When "morning" arrives he rolls out of bed and begins packing his few possessions. "I hope you know a way out of this dank pit, otherwise we'll need to build a ladder out of dead bugs."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan is somewhat taken aback by Phoenix's offer, but it had certainly been on his mind for some time. He cracks a roguish grin, and proceeds wordlessly. Lookspring looks too much like a monkey to distract him. Afterwards, he wishes he had a pipe.

"We could die any day. No point worrying about the future. We've got to take what we can when we can get it." After a pause, he squeezes her hand, and continues. "I would do this with you, though, even if I were a farmer with no more dangers than stabbing myself with a pitchfork."

Once they're done resting, Rowan will put his armor back on and is ready to go, guisarme in hand.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix, F Elan Soulknife 5 (AC: 20, HP: 48/50, PP: 3/6)

With everyone prepared, Phoenix begins to concentrate. She pushes with her mind and forces her mental energies down into the stone beneath her to activate the mechanism. "Everybody...hold on!" she says as she gets ready for whatever will come next.

OOC: Spent 3 PP to activate tranportation.

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Reward time - 908 experience points each. :D

When you activate the magic you get a uneasy feeling in your stomach as you transport and rematerialize in a different location...an unknown location at an unknown distance from where you were moments ago. You look around and find you are in a 30ft diameter rock crater within a larger space, but the craters rim obscures the view of the larger space.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix, F Elan Soulknife 5 (AC: 20, HP: 48/50, PP: 3/6)

Phoenix moves forward towards the nearest edge of the crater in an attempt to see more of the area they are now in.

OOC: Is the crater edge straight up and down? Or angled shallow enough for us to walk or climb up easily? How tall is the edge of the crater rim from the floor we are on?

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Phoenix moves forward towards the nearest edge of the crater in an attempt to see more of the area they are now in.

OOC: Is the crater edge straight up and down? Or angled shallow enough for us to walk or climb up easily? How tall is the edge of the crater rim from the floor we are on?

The crater edge is is angled shallow enough for you to easily walk. It is 10' deep at the center and sloping out to the edge.

[sblock=Phoenix]Beyond the crater opens up into a wide Underdark vista lit by pale light shining through enormous columns that march into the misted distance. The benighted waters of a sunless sea meet a pebble strewn shore a half-mile or so away. Across the dark water, a city glimmers around the base of the nearest column.
A cobbled road, which emerges from an opening in the dimly glowing cavern wall about a quarter mile to the left, passes within 10' of the crater and continues on to the right. It finally connects to a narrow but elongated stone formation that spans the shadowy sea, reaching more than a mile to the city.
Just across the road from the crater, a strange covered wagon sits. A broad and dusky Dwarf, bald but with a white beard, stands in front of it smiling. He wears a thick leather coat and gloves that have gold piping. Two large gray lizards stand idly nearby.
The grinning dwarf calls out in a deep baritone voice in perfect common, "Node travelers, and unless I miss my mark, surfacers too! I am Bruthwol Coalhauler, a humble merchant! Perhaps you would like to see my wares?"[/sblock]

Lookspring and Rowan watch Phoenix approach the edge and suddenly hear in a deep baritone voice in perfect common, "Node travelers, and unless I miss my mark, surfacers too! I am Bruthwol Coalhauler, a humble merchant! Perhaps you would like to see my wares?"

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring lurches unsteadily as they arrive in the new location. He feels a wave of vertigo for a moment before regaining his balance. "Still below the ground, how deep are we being?" Seeing Phoenix head for one edge, he proceeds in the opposite direction to see what lies on the other side.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases