Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
Well, sunuvagun, you're right! My bad. The only bonus feat everyone gets is Collegiate Wizard from a sidebar in Complete Arcane (I think, maybe C. Mage?). Uhhh, I just meant IF Tylara chooses to spend a feat on Brew Potion, yeah, that's the ticket!

Drat! I thought we were gonna get another free feat. Of course we could really use a few extra experience points to make it useful. Since you aren't giving us Brew Potion maybe you could let us have say 20 or 30 exp. to scribe a few scrolls? As wizards we do all have scribe scroll after all...

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
Drat! I thought we were gonna get another free feat. Of course we could really use a few extra experience points to make it useful. Since you aren't giving us Brew Potion maybe you could let us have say 20 or 30 exp. to scribe a few scrolls? As wizards we do all have scribe scroll after all...
NOPE!! If you want scrolls, you gotta use your starting gold to buy them just like every other character who starts out at 4th level. The starting gold for characters above 1st level takes all that brewing and scribing and crafting into account, I beleve. Even if it doesn't we're going to pretend that it does. You'll have plenty of chances to squander your xp on scroll-scribing once the game starts. :p

Incidentally, Mowgli did exactly this for Manny, and he has quite an impressive array of scrolls that he bought according to the standard rules with no help from the DM at all.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Leif said:
Incidentally, Mowgli did exactly this for Manny, and he has quite an impressive array of scrolls that he bought according to the stadard rules with no help from the DM at all.

It's a little known fact that the term 'Brownie' actually originated when the gods grew tired of the tiny creatures' attempts to curry favor and stained their noses to . . . OK, I'm reaching a little with that one - it seemed like it might go somewhere when I started it, though. :(

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Excellent! Looks like our Rogue's Gallery is nicely full already. The only addition that might be made, I think, is J. Alexander's Gregory Malfoy, but I haven't heard from him much lately, so he may be too busy to participate. Tell, you what, we'll assume that he is with you but sick or something, and if he decides later to join in, he will miraculously recover.

I've managed to get myself ready a bit early, too, so the fist IC post may go up sometime tomorrow. (No guarantees, though.) Heh, it went up today. ;)

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
And Kerlan, please put Kerlan in the new rogues gallery here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224704, thanks.
Done. I've put up what I have so far. This was close to my original idea for the first game, but I also have an idea for an abjurer specializing in dispels and counterspells.
By the way Scott, I can't read your SBLOCKs because of a problem with Firefox. If you put an SBLOCK in between COLOR tags, they won't open. It works fine in IE though.

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
Done. I've put up what I have so far. This was close to my original idea for the first game, but I also have an idea for an abjurer specializing in dispels and counterspells.
By the way Scott, I can't read your SBLOCKs because of a problem with Firefox. If you put an SBLOCK in between COLOR tags, they won't open. It works fine in IE though.
Yes, I noticed just this morning Kerlan's arrival in the RG. :)

And I was wrong about the RG being full, too. We've got one more late addition to the party who'll be arriving soon!

Last edited:

Remove ads