Trying to start a D&D 3.5 game, need DM

mfrench

First Post
Alright, he's going to be a diviner that also focuses on Conjuration.

What books can I use to make him? If I can use Complete Arcane, he'll be a dwarf and start with the feat Precocious Apprentice (I think it is on pg. 181, not in the feat section). If we're going Core only, he'll be a human w/ Augment Summoning.

I have no particularly strong thoughts on his background. I like the idea of a dwarf outcast for practicing wizardry. If you throw something out I'll work with it, otherwise I'll get something hammered out in the next day or so.

mfrench

First Post
This is to hold the place until I finish editing it. I need to put in the equipment, appearance, and a few other details. There are some questions for the DM in the Background section.[sblock=Keralt, dwarf diviner 1]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Keralt Clanless, exile of Stonehome
[B]Class:[/B] Diviner 1
[B]Race:[/B] Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] medium
[B]Gender:[/B] male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral
[B]Deity:[/B] XXXX

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 13 +1 (5p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7/7 (1d4+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3 (+2, 6p.) [B]Grapple:[/B] +0     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] nil
[B]Int:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)    [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B]  9 -1 (-2, 3p.) [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +1    +0    +0    +0    11
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +3          +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +1          +1
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0          +2
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects, and poisons. 

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven, Draconic, Elven, Goblin

[B]Abilities:[/B][list]
[*]Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations). 
[*]Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all. 
[*]Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. 
[*]Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons. 
[*]Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground). 
[*]+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. 
[*]+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects. 
[*]+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids. 
[*]+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too. 
[*]+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items. 
[*]+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.[/list]

[B]Feats:[/B]
1) Precocious Apprentice (Summon Swarm)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 20       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[u][B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B][/u]
Spellcraft               4    +3     +2   +9
Know. (arcana)           4    +3          +7
Know. (planes)           4    +3          +7
Concentration            4    +3          +7
Craft (alchemy)          4    +3          +7

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
XXXX                     XXcp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXsp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXgp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXgp   XXlb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] XXgp XXsp XXcp
                           [B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] 75
[B]Height:[/B] 4'9"
[B]Weight:[/B] 240lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] A deep brown
[B]Hair:[/B] Unaturally white
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale
[sblock=Spells]Specialized in Divination, banned Evocation
Spellbook
(prepared spells in italics)
0th level
All 0th spells from PHB
Read Magic
Detect Magic
Ghost Sound

1st level
Charm Person
Detect Secret Doors
Summon Monster I
Mage Armor
Ray of Enfeeblement
Expeditious Retreat
2nd level (from feat)
Summon Swarm[/sblock][sblock=Appearance]:[/sblock][sblock=Background]Any direction for the Deity? He's not all that religious anyway. Any extra background I should know? I envision him as a dwarf who was exiled from Stonehome (generic name, change it at your will) for his interest in wizardry: once his clan caught him learning Elven to read up on their magic, he was given the boot. He roamed the lands of men, studying the magic of elves and dragons. He's especially interested in other planes, scrying, and summoning.[/sblock]
[/sblock] How much money do I start with? Can I buy some scrolls with start up money? If so, that will change my spell list slightly.

Last edited:

Spontorus

First Post
what is invisible catle? from what im hearing it seems to be something used for rolling... does it like add all your modifiers in or something?

I just roll by hand D: and then add them :/

Remove ads