Mayu's account Hacked!!

Cashmere

First Post
I was on at 7:43 as Cashmere and saw Mayu online, I sent a message to her and quickly discovered it wasn't the usual player at the wheel. Until this matter is settled properly I suggest we give Mayu a little leeway until her player can get things under control

Please and thank yous, Licy and Cashmere's player

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Unfortunately, this information is correct. During that time I was in a quality meeting with my supervisors at work, and also I cannot access the Flash Chat from PCs inside my work station. I am moving forward to change the password of the account, and ask that if any see Mayu on and know it is not me behind the wheel, to alert a Magi if one is available. I'm not exactly sure how this came about, but i will find out. I'll post here again when I get everything fixed....

Magi_Trelian

First Post
There are two listings in the userbase, one for "Mayu Amakura" and one for just "Mayu". The second has no description. The first was the one on earlier today as a hacked account. Except that it didn't take much hacking.

The information in the PMs exchanged says that Maya's player is known to have given out the password to another player. And the player who showed up as Mayu says that he "just found this on my friends pc" and that he's going to change the password.

Does this tell you anything?
(1) Don't give out your passwords to anyone.
(2) Don't leave your passwords on autofill.

If you can't remember something new for each char, pick a set phrase and base it off the char's name: "georgerules" for George, "fredrules" for Fred, etc. Yes, it's chintzy, but it's safer than using autofill.

Since it's not clear that the password was changed, I'll leave it to Mayu's player to contact the Magi (isrpmagi@gmail.com) if s/he can't get into the char and needs us to reset the password to something safe again.

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
another good idea for passwords is to add a number instead of a letter so for "georgerules" make it "ge0rgerul3es" or add caps in odd places, "geoRgeruLes".

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
My previous pass had random caps, as you suggested. But, I think the replacing with numbers might be a good idea. I know for sure that I will make this one definitely more secure than the previous. Thanks for the suggestion, Nash. n_n

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Magi_Trelian said:
There are two listings in the userbase, one for "Mayu Amakura" and one for just "Mayu". The second has no description. The first was the one on earlier today as a hacked account. Except that it didn't take much hacking.

The information in the PMs exchanged says that Maya's player is known to have given out the password to another player. And the player who showed up as Mayu says that he "just found this on my friends pc" and that he's going to change the password.

Does this tell you anything?
(1) Don't give out your passwords to anyone.
(2) Don't leave your passwords on autofill.

If you can't remember something new for each char, pick a set phrase and base it off the char's name: "georgerules" for George, "fredrules" for Fred, etc. Yes, it's chintzy, but it's safer than using autofill.

Since it's not clear that the password was changed, I'll leave it to Mayu's player to contact the Magi (isrpmagi@gmail.com) if s/he can't get into the char and needs us to reset the password to something safe again.

I have given out my password to one person, yes, but that person I know couldn't have been on during the time of the occurance, beings she was at school. I've known the player for a while, and pretty much know she WOULD NOT give it out to others. As for auto filling, never on my pc at home. For one, my browser doesn't autofill user or password for any FlashChat or java powered chat sites. I have made various databases of my passwords, but keep them on lock down using Microsoft Word password protection.

The Mayu account without the last name was the first version I created of her and is no longer in use. There is also a Dark Mayu as well, no longer in use either. Mayu Amakura is the only one I use at this time.

Ultimately, I do have siblings at home, so there is a good chance it could have been one of them. I'll look into the matter when I get home and can actually access my home PC.

Ruthia

First Post
Mayu Amakura said:
Ultimately, I do have siblings at home, so there is a good chance it could have been one of them. I'll look into the matter when I get home and can actually access my home PC.

Your not the only one ths has happened to unfortantly. Anyone remember seeing a bunch of baddly played Khaira's, one being the acctually account. Turned out to be a sibling in that case as well. Happens unfortunately...siblings get mad and want to mess up your stuff.

Akea

First Post
This happened one time to me. 'Cept, I fell asleep in front of the computer. What I do when I used to pull those infamous all-nighter rp's is I'd yank down the Start menu completely out of sight so I could have full-screen action. Well, this one time when I woke up again, I had the window fixated on the chat site. I glanced over the users logged in list and realized, one of my own characters was logged in, and I certainly wasn't gaming her. So, I promptly began bombarding this misfit with PM's saying how big of a douche they were for logging on in one of my accounts while I was around. After much trash talk and demanding responses, I finally clued into why this person wasn't attempting to fraud game me, or answer my pm's... you guessed it, I had the second window open when I pulled up my Start menu. That was my last all-nighter rp's ever.

Remove ads