• Elementals

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Lizardfolk/Draconics

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Various people with animal heads

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Goblinoids

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Construct creatures (robots and cyborgs included)

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Undead

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Plant beings

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Incorporeal or pure intelligence

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Regular monster, not otherwise specified

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 'Other' (the weirdest of the weird!)

Votes: 12 19.4%

Brazeku

First Post
Well, here we have a spinoff thread, based upon the lovely core races thread elsewhere on this page. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I have a boiling hard-on for strange and unusual races. My personal homebrew only retains humans from the standard list, whereas everything else is 'other'. So, what 'others' have you played? Feel free to add some details if it isn't included on the list.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
Two changelings, one in a short lived game, one in a game that just started. Both have been/are fun.

I've played a kobold, in a very short lived solo campaign. I want to play more kobolds. Kobolds UPON kobolds.

I'd also love to play a tri-keen, but have never had the opportunity.

Brazeku

First Post
Oh jeeze, I can't believe I forgot insect people, and yet included 'disembodied intelligences'. Shame on me!

PS Thri-Kreen are pretty rad, or at least were in second ed. Never tried one in the current version.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Brazeku said:
And crap, I wanted that poll to be multiple choice enabled. Any way I can change that?

I was gonna say...

I've played minotaurs (Dragonlance-style), thri-kreen, a lightning draconian (love the noble dracs!), and probably several things I can't remember.

Zzyzx

First Post
Thri-kreen in Darksun and also in the old spaceship-fantasy game (I forget the name) where it was very appropriate.

Dragon in an all-dragon campaign.

Lizardfolk are a favorite of mine.

My son liked playing an earth elemental (he's young, so it worked really well).

I also DM, so I play lots of races (different, I know.)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
All but Angels and Disembodied Intellects. On the other hand I played a Fallen Angel once does that count for Angel? Cause you know being Fallen I figured it kind of wasn't an angel anymore.

Brazeku

First Post
Thri-kreen seem to be a favorite.

And yes, lizardfolk. For whatever reason, although I like draconics, I like lizardfolk a whole lot more. I don't know what it is, seeing as they look similar, but the feel is different - tribal. I remember seeing this picture of an iguana-like lizardman back in the old humanoid's handbook who was done up in a meso-american outfit, ever since then I've loved the idea of Aztec lizardfolk.

Edit: Also, to Heavenshallburn: I would say that a fallen angel would more likely fall under demon. And you're not missing anything by not playing a disembodied intellect, I'll tell you those things are a bundle of campaign problems unless everyone else follows suit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases