R&C Art, the Women of R&C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormtalon

First Post
There's something I've noticed thru my many perusals of R&C, something that may have been overlooked due to the whole "dragonborn with boobs" controversy....

Of all the females depicted in the book, only the Elves, Eladrin & Halflings are truly slender. The human women actually have a quite non-supermodel fullness and curve to them. William O'Connor seems to have a nice eye for more "realistic" female figures. They're still "ideally proportioned," of course, but they've all got a solidity that's been lacking in D&D art of late.

mara

First Post
Stormtalon said:
There's something I've noticed thru my many perusals of R&C, something that may have been overlooked due to the whole "dragonborn with boobs" controversy....

Of all the females depicted in the book, only the Elves, Eladrin & Halflings are truly slender. The human women actually have a quite non-supermodel fullness and curve to them. William O'Connor seems to have a nice eye for more "realistic" female figures. They're still "ideally proportioned," of course, but they've all got a solidity that's been lacking in D&D art of late.

Cool.

sidonunspa

First Post
Stormtalon said:

Yes

Very cool

Rechan

Adventurer
The God- sorry, Deities/Gods&Goddesses/Godfolk made women with Curves, by Dieties/Gods&Goddesses/Godfolk! :)

Last edited:

mrtomsmith

First Post
frankthedm said:
If ya can afford metal armor, ya can probably afford a sammich.

Mmmmm... sammich.

If true (I have no book), I applaud them. Variety of bodies is a wonderful thing, and rarely seen in our pop culture.

But I will admit a fondness for the chainmail bikini. It's become a D&D cliche, but I like the cheesiness. It's like the dudes always wearing half-plate that shows off their chests - doesn't make sense, but it's part of the genre.

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I'm not sure the dwarf cleric with the bare midriff is really dressed for combat, though.

Yes, but my point is that nothing that would really make a woman feels 'gee, another geeks orgasm...'.

At least, it's more or less neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads