Lacerin

Lacerin

First Post
It has been brought to my attention that most players have a problem with my character Lacerin. I have debated on weither to keep him around or not, because in my own oppinion why keep a character if no player wants to interact with him. So in order to learn from whatever mistake I have made with this character I am happily asking for both, what is it you have a problem with, and what can I do to change it?

Raine

First Post
Just maybe tone him down some... it really is hard to battle with a huge scary monster like creature! Yup, that's about it ^_^

Ruthia

First Post
I agree with Raine, it's really hard to want to battle something that even your characters best moves have no affect on. That and all he DOES is fight. Which is probaly why most people leave the room when he enters. Not saying that wanting to cause fights is a BAD thing....hell I got certain characters I only bring around if I'm looking for a fight. And I think random fights with people you don't know are even more entertaining....but I don't do it every day you know? Kinda gets over done at a certain point.

Just my thoughts, they don't reflect other peoples dear.
:)

Willow_Calypso

First Post
I agree with both Raine and Ruthia. I have fought this particular character and he is overly powered and rarely damaged. The fight doesn't ever seem to be even. It gets old when all the interaction you have with a character is a fight that is never going to end, because neither player wants to see their character destoryed. And that is the vibe I get from your character. Granted your character is evil, but true evil has never been popular to interact with.

Lacerin

First Post
I thank you for your inputs, and I shall work on them if you are willing to give me a second chance; although, I do not agree with Willow every fight I've been in lately he has gotten damaged more then his opponent, but oh well. Thank you...

Willow_Calypso

First Post
I wasn't quoting every fight you've had. Just the fights you'd have with my character. Hence why my character avoids your character. But surely I am willing to give you a second, third, or fourth chance. It is a good character, just one I'd rather avoid. That statement isn't meant to be offensive.

Tharivious

First Post
Though I haven't interacted with Lacerin, or seen him in action, the comments here so far lead me to recommend a look at this thread for possible ways to adjust his combat presence. Aside from that, characters tend to develop reputations, so dispelling the attached opinions that exist now may take time, but it's usually worth it (for practice, if nothing else).

Willow_Calypso said:
Granted your character is evil, but true evil has never been popular to interact with.
Minor quibble here: The in-your-face-conflict-based-form-of evil has never been popular to interact with. And the same goes for random-smite paladins, random conflict rogues, and any other character that exists solely to start fights. True evil can be and has been played quite successfully and quite popularly by several players.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Tharivious said:
Minor quibble here: The in-your-face-conflict-based-form-of evil has never been popular to interact with. And the same goes for random-smite paladins, random conflict rogues, and any other character that exists solely to start fights. True evil can be and has been played quite successfully and quite popularly by several players.

That was what I was aiming at. You articulated it better. Thank you.

Remove ads