WotBS #9 Festival of Dreams

Sqwonk

First Post
Is it easy to play by itself? Or does it require to play the other modules in the adventure path? I will probably buy it either way - cuz it sounds cool. But I was curious.

Are all the WotBS modules easily playable as stand-alone?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's the advice given in the sidebar in the introduction:

The Adventure said:
Adapting the Adventure
If you plan to run The Festival of Dreams as a standalone adventure, Gate Pass can be any embattled city caught between two opposing forces. You can simplify things with the trillith, making them into nightmare monsters summoned by the Ragesians, with no ulterior motive.

If you run the adventure in your own campaign, we encourage you to replace NPCs
in the resistance with ones your players will be familiar with.

Sqwonk asked "Are all the WotBS modules easily playable as stand-alone?"

Yes.. and no. The modules are not generic, drop into a setting with no explanation and move on to the next generic module. Having the backdrop of the war can be more easily cut out in places than it can others. For instance, The Fire Forest can be easily dropped in the way of heroes going anywhere. However the 12 way political mess that is part of the Shelter from the Storm is a bit hard to do without 12 political factions around.

I would recommend grabbing the subscription and running the campaign, that way your group can get the longer term plot lines and alliances.

Its a great story arc!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases