Testing - Testing... EN World II Test Site

Michael Morris

First Post
Testing of all sections is beginning as they are built. The URL is

http://dev.enworld.org/

While logged into dev you will be logged out of main

ANY POST YOU MAKE ON DEV WILL BE LOST WHEN THE FINAL CONVERSION IS MADE.

Since vbulletin 3.7 itself is in beta I'm trying to track down any bugs in it or bugs in my implementation. I will be working on it even as you guys take a look - the site can go down unexpectantly.

I reiterate - this is a beta test of the forum section. The news and reviews are down. I am available for chat on CircvsMaximvs chat if you want to get ahold of me quickly.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I created a picture album in my profile, and set a notice to be displayed to all registered users. Fun!

The software is ten times better than what we're using (especially given all the bugs we have!). I see there's a "thread prefixes" option built in as default (our prefixes are a hack).

Not keen on all the lines/borders on the tables, but that's just a style issue and of little importance right now.

The profiles are excellent - much more powerful and useful. I'm strongly considering purchasing the vBulletin blog software also and letting people make a little "home from home" right here at EN World.

I like the notification system (for PMs, etc.) and the Groups functionality.

Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
Morrus said:
The profiles are excellent - much more powerful and useful. I'm strongly considering purchasing the vBulletin blog software also and letting people make a little "home from home" right here at EN World..

Done and installed - Merry Christmas.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Michael Morris said:
Yes, and the blogs.

Anything specific us regular posters should be doing besides starting new threads and posting to others? Commenting on blogs?

Michael Morris

First Post
Anything you have permission to do, do. If you do something you think you shouldn't - report it as a possible bug. There are many new features in 3.7 - which ones will be available to all users and which ones will be community supporter only is yet to be decided.

Clarification - Grandma's rules still apply on dev - and if you earn a banning on dev it will be copied over here though any banning applied at dev will be permanent for the duration of its existence.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases