D&D 4E 4e Plans?

JoeGKushner

First Post
With 4e on the Horizon, what plans does En Publishing have?

Will we see a revised/updated/expanded collection of the En World Arsenal suited for 4th ed?

The good old Necromancer book with it's excellent crunch and rules revised and expanded?

Curious minds want to know.

jeffh

Adventurer
Now that the general shape of things, OGL-wise, is known, I just want to reiterate Joe's questions. Has a decision been made on whether EN will be in on phase 1? If not (I assume it hasn't yet), what do you, especially Morrus, see as the relevant factors - what would make you decide one way or the other?

I know it was suggested on the 4e forum a bit whimsically, but in truth I would be willing to pony up a small amount as part of an alliance of 'freelancers' to support E.N. Publishing going to phase 1.

For one, I would like to start to work on converting EoM and the WoBS.. my group has already asked if I plan on converting partway through. Right now we are implementing some minor 4E derived house rules, but thats about it.

*by 'small amount' I mean a hundred or so dollars in exchange for...basically doing what I offer for free now.. proof read and possible play testing. I like this community and the third party material it creates...its worth a tithe out of my tax returns :)

I don't know if there are another 50 or so like minded individuals out there to cap off the fund drive.. or even if such a community of 'free-lancers' would fit into the NDA/restrictions.

and yes, I am perfectly serious about that.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'd throw some dough your way for EN to be part of Phase 1.

I'd also be happy to write anything for 4e you guys might need. It's been about a year since I did the Fire Forest, let's work together again. :)

EditorBFG

Explorer
Kamikaze Midget said:
I'd throw some dough your way for EN to be part of Phase 1.

I'd also be happy to write anything for 4e you guys might need. It's been about a year since I did the Fire Forest, let's work together again. :)
Ditto. I've enjoyed my work for EN Publishing enough that I would be willing to contribute financially to its evolution.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hell, I'm considering throwing a small donation in just for the hell of it, no strings attached. I'm devilish enough, and I'm betting others out there are as devilish as well. :]

I obviously can't speak for Russ, and I think he has different plans, but I'm mostly just interested in finishing WotBS. I would like it to be updated to 4e so more people have a chance to play it, and heck, if we can drum up an extra $5000 worth of sales in the next couple of months I would love to have WotBS be available as a 4th edition campaign saga. That's unlikely without a massive amount of enthusiasm from the boards, though.

This is just a total hypothetical, and I think it's in the realm of fantasy, but would you be willing to buy a subscription to a 4e version of WotBS now (akin to people donating money to Wolfgang Baur for a 4e Open Design project)? Do you think people would be interested in a 4e adventure path enough that they'd buy the 3e version now if we promised to release a revision?

Mind you, if we went by the current rate for a subscription - $50 - we'd need to sell 100 more subscriptions (more actually, since the vendor gets a cut) just to cover the cost of the license, not to mention paying for the conversion and relayout and such. It might not sound like a lot, but it's not uncommon knowledge that 4e has really kicked sales of 3e products in the groin.

Still, maybe there's a lot more enthusiasm than I was aware of.

Well, my campaign will be going on for a while beyond the 4E introduction date (we may finish up module #3 this month.. and at the average rate of 3 sessions per module... :) )

I think having a solid adventure path would be good, but I am not sure how significant the change from 20 levels to 30 levels would change things. Hard to say without advance knowledge of the rules.. which makes offering a sure fire adventure conversion kindof iffy.

...so, as much as I would like to think this is a doable idea, I am not sure. Either way, I would support the attempt :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Still, maybe there's a lot more enthusiasm than I was aware of.

I'm lovin' the series, but to me, it's a 3e saga. 4e, I'd think, needs to start fresh. I also am not entirely sure a saga is entirely a good idea at the outset of 4e. Chances are a lot of people will be bouncing around house rules, DMs, and campaigns in the excitement of the new rules. Individual adventures (even ones that could be 'linked') might be solid, but I'd steer away from a direct 1-30 path myself.

Still, if that's what ENPublishing does, I'll jump behind it. I've got enough faith in the brains at the top. ;)

Remove ads