Assassin City - DM Discussion Thread

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah. I thought that maybe we should lay out the actual... layout, of the city first. That way we can decide where things are. Important things, like churches. Also government buildings. Isn't this place a center of politics? Something about diplomats meeting here and stuff?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah. If I were home I could draw somekind of map pretty quick but alas, it will not be until late tomorrow before I can get to that. Let's see if I can do something with MS Paint here at work.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well ok, let's start with this. Say the city is broken into different sections? How would they be ordered? How many would their be? I'd say that we have tiers like Minas Tirith, since you compaired it to that. So does it get any sun in the winter when the sun is in the north?

Blackrat

Well It is guite south, comparing to Earth, around mid France, so I'd say that while the sun would be showing only little during winter, it would nonetheless show up. About tiers, I'd think that most of the city would actually lie on the plains before the mountain and the rich sections of the city rising on the mountain. So technically there needs to be only two tiers. The one on the flat ground and lower mountain, and the one on the mountainside. Those would be divided to wards or whatever you want to call them on different functions. So on the ground level could be for example the trades ward and the poorer temple ward.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
That sounds quite good. I guess we've got a basic idea of the layout... so lets see, what about the government and laws? How's the city ruled? It's the capitol of a nation so presumably the nation's ruler lives there, right? What kind of government do they have? What about Domestic policy? I'm going to say that there aren't many things in the city that there aren't many things in this city that are contraband, but what about slavery?

Blackrat

So putting the city together D&D-wise:

Doringdel
Metropolis
Population: 30000 (90% human, 2% dwarf, 3%gnome/halfling, 4% goblinoids, 0.4% basic-elf, 0.1% wood/wild-elf, 0.1% half-elf, 0.4% other races.

Remove ads